The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Broken Wand :: Martin Nash (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Bob Magic
View Profile
New user
San Diego, California
90 Posts

Profile of Bob Magic
Once in a great while someone comes along who is so good, so superior and so flawless that the rest of us take notice. Such a man was Martin Nash.

Rest in peace Charming Cheat...
Chris Stolz
View Profile
Inner circle
Mississauga, Ontario
1958 Posts

Profile of Chris Stolz
Martin was a very close friend and a wonderful teacher. I'll always remember Martin for everything he taught me and for his many amazing stories.

I'll post information on where flowers and such may be sent as I receive it.
Laszlo Csizmadi
View Profile
Special user
From Hell
868 Posts

Profile of Laszlo Csizmadi
Sorry to hear that. One of the biggest loss for the magic community. Rest in peace.
NicholasD
View Profile
Inner circle
1458 Posts

Profile of NicholasD
I was lucky enough to meet Martin in Washington, D.C. around 1978. Over the years , I've thought fondly of that meeting and his willingness to share his knowledge with an admirer. What a Class Act! Rest Well.
magicseen
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of magicseen
Magicseen are running a small feature in honour of Martin in the next issue which goes to print in couple of weeks. Does anyone out there have any high resolution images of Martin that we could use to accompany the feature? Your help would be much appreciated. Thanks Phil (philshaw@magicseen.co.uk)
Whit Haydn
View Profile
V.I.P.
5449 Posts

Profile of Whit Haydn
There will be a memorial service for Martin Nash at the Magic Castle at 4:00 pm on Sunday, Aug 23.
Kent Wong
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
2458 Posts

Profile of Kent Wong
Thanks Whit,

I will fly to Vancouver Island in the next several days and work with Martin's executor to bring some of his personal effects and his ashes to the memorial. If there's anything else I can do, please let me know.

Kent
"Believing is Seeing"
<BR>______________________
<BR>
<BR>www.kentwongmagic.com
magicbern
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong, China
1220 Posts

Profile of magicbern
Very sorry to hear that too. My recollections are of wathcing him around 20 years ago on the old Dale Harney 'Magic Palace" TV show. He was debonair and reaaly 'charming' to watch. I just rewatched the DVD 'Charming Cheat Show and Lecture' and its a shame we won't see card sharp magic done like that again.
May he Rest In Peace.
Shelby Craigen
View Profile
New user
Edmonton Alberta
3 Posts

Profile of Shelby Craigen
I have known Marty for over 45 years and sat in small hotel rooms after shows watching him perform miracles hour after hour.I had never grown tired of listening to his stories. He was a traveling sales man who sold many different things but the thing he sold best was magic with cards.He sold me time and time again and I hate card magic!Like I said he performed miracles not card magic.His eyes always lit up when I would enquire about his daughter or what model plane he was working on next.Fly Marty...FLY
A.G.
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver- Canada
960 Posts

Profile of A.G.
I just spent 8 hours jamming out with Marty just a few months ago.... I am devastated by this massive loss.

Marty was the best.

Andrew Gerard
Well then...
magicnorm
View Profile
Special user
510 Posts

Profile of magicnorm
My last memory of Martin was at Magic Live when in a late night jam session Joshua Jay gave him an intro that truly summed up this great man. The room was filled to capacity with people standing on chairs to get a glimps of this legend performing his incredible card magic. It was truly my pleasure to have know him and enjoyed him in this life. We miss so much!!
in flames
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto
1030 Posts

Profile of in flames
Almost had a chance to meet Martin a few years ago, but he was involved in a terrible car accident.

What a great legacy he has left the Magic community.

One of the very best.

R.I.P. Martin
Lee Asher
View Profile
V.I.P.
496 Posts

Profile of Lee Asher
Please retweet...

"Martin had spent a lot of time at the Castle and considered it his second home. So, on August 23rd, at 4:00 pm, the Magic Castle will be having a memorial celebration for Martin. At that time, his ashes will be permanently interred at the Castle as well." - news from Kent Wong (Martin's close friend)

Wish I could be there...

Asher
LEARN ONE CARD ROUTINE EVERY MAGICIAN MUST KNOW
Click Here To Get Started Right Away
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Broken Wand :: Martin Nash (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL