The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Very Quick Hopping Half Question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

obsidian52
View Profile
Veteran user
United States
331 Posts

Profile of obsidian52
I haven't performed hopping halves in a little while (I probably should dust it off) but I was wondering if the set I have (and it is a Johnson set) comes with an expanded shell?
TC Ryder
View Profile
Elite user
Florida
499 Posts

Profile of TC Ryder
It comes with a Tail one.

TC
www.realcoinmagic.com

"Real Coins for Real Magicians"
obsidian52
View Profile
Veteran user
United States
331 Posts

Profile of obsidian52
Heads or tails really doesn't matter, I just want to get into more sleights with an expanded shell, a few half dollars and perhaps a copper/silver coin (yeah, I know those are gaffs as well, but a little less obvious.......
Jeff Corn
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1190 Posts

Profile of Jeff Corn
If you have a Johnson set, it should have an expanded Shell.
Yes, that is my real name. Yes, I am a real person. No, you probably won't agree with me.
TC Ryder
View Profile
Elite user
Florida
499 Posts

Profile of TC Ryder
Yes it has a sh**l and it and the one that Johnson sells comes with a tales sh**l.
Don't know why but that is what they ship it with.

TC
www.realcoinmagic.com

obsidian52
View Profile
Veteran user
United States
331 Posts

Profile of obsidian52
Heads or Tails really doesn't matter, I was exploring some of the effects (and there are many) with an expanded shell....so it doesn't really matter to me heads or tails, but another question came up.....Can you see any reason why I may need a second shell (except for the fact of not misplacing an intricate part of hopping halves.
ShawnB
View Profile
Special user
721 Posts

Profile of ShawnB
I commonly perform a John Born Translocation effect. If you plan to do this effect you may find a need.
Shawn.
Jeff Corn
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1190 Posts

Profile of Jeff Corn
I've never used a second shell, but I'm sure that if you were to look around David Neighbor's work, you'd find some routines. He seems to be the go to guy when it comes to exploiting all possibilities with a gaff.
Yes, that is my real name. Yes, I am a real person. No, you probably won't agree with me.
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3222 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
It is possible to get the Johnson Hopping Half with a heads shell, the tails shell seems to be much more common, but I have seen Johnson ship them with a heads shell as well.
Jeff Corn
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1190 Posts

Profile of Jeff Corn
Johnson makes both, but the Tails Shell seems to be easier, thus more common. If you ask, you can usually get the Heads shell without a problem.
TC Ryder
View Profile
Elite user
Florida
499 Posts

Profile of TC Ryder
I asked Kathy at Johnson why the Hopping Halves come with a tails sh**l and she said that is just the way they have always done it. You can buy a heads one separately but the set does come with a tails sh**l.

TC
www.realcoinmagic.com

magicnorm
View Profile
Veteran user
308 Posts

Profile of magicnorm
Condiser buying from one of the fantastic coin manufacturers out there and you can specify what coins you would like and whether you want head or tail for the gimmick. I've been ordering custom coin sets for a while now and find the more exoctic and or rare coins to be quite interesting for the spectators.
Jeff Corn
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1190 Posts

Profile of Jeff Corn
On the other hand, to 90% of spectators, an English Penny is pretty exotic. With Johnson, I can get a Walking Liberty set with an English Penny and that's two exotic coins. Exotic coins have one major weakness in a routine like this, though. People want to touch things that they haven't seen before, and they can't touch these coins.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Very Quick Hopping Half Question (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL