The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » FROZEN GLOW - interesting upcoming new trick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
gitty
View Profile
Special user
Vienna, Austria
871 Posts

Profile of gitty
Effect:
The performer borrows a deck of cards and asks the spectator to select any card they want from the deck (no force, this is a free choice). The performer doesn’t even have to touch the deck; the spectator can freely choose a card of their choice themselves.
The performer introduces a small square green Plexiglas lens (a light filter) and asks the spectator to examine it.
The performer hands the spectator a marker or pen and asks the spectator to sign their name on both sides of the playing card.
Once the card is signed the performer holds the card flat with either the face or the back facing up. He holds the green lens over top of their playing card and signature. Light will pass through the lens and cast a green shadow or glow over top of their playing card and their signature. The lens can be moved around above the card showing the green glow moves with the lens.
The performer now asks the spectator to say stop at any time and the performer will attempt to freeze time, and if it works, the light will actually be captured onto their card. The performer moves the lens above the card in small motions showing the green glow is still moving with the lens, but never lets the lens touch the card.
The spectator yells “Stop!” and the lens is pulled away, but the green glow is left behind on part of the card and OVER TOP of their signature. The card can then be handed out for examination and left for the spectator to keep!

- Frozen Glow can be used with any card in the deck.

- Frozen Glow can be used with any brand or deck of cards.

- The cards can be borrowed.

- Frozen Glow can be instantly repeated.

- There is no card force, it is a free choice.

- There is no switch of any kind.

- Frozen Glow is easy to do and requires no sleight of hand.

- The performers hands are shown empty at all times.

- The card can be examined before and after the effect.

- The Lens is fully examinable and never touches the card.

- Frozen Glow can even be done with business cards.

- Frozen Glow will be an unforgettable souvenir for your spectator.

Demo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Qbc8TS0GG0

More Infos:
http://www.masterofillusions.ca/master_o......oon1.htm
WALTHER
APC
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1213 Posts

Profile of APC
Looks pretty cool, looking forward to some reviews. Can you stop at different places, leaving the mark wherever they want?
Adam
puffinmonkey
View Profile
Elite user
Seattle
437 Posts

Profile of puffinmonkey
Can everything be examined? Angle issues?

-Alex
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2574 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
When the "glow" left on the card, does it look like a green stain vs. a glow? I'm trying to get what the audience experiences...much like photo paper from the sun...
Bernardo Rodriguez
View Profile
Loyal user
233 Posts

Profile of Bernardo Rodriguez
It sounds interesting ill keep my eye open for this one....

Guys read the description and watch the demo again.. it explains everything very clearly and answers all of those questions.... lol

Bernardo Rodriguez
Fábio DeRose
View Profile
Inner circle
San Paolo, Brasile
1477 Posts

Profile of Fábio DeRose
Is THAT the demo video?!
Fábio De'Rose - Ilusionista
www.ENIGMAGICO.com.br

Twitter @Enigmagico
Bernardo Rodriguez
View Profile
Loyal user
233 Posts

Profile of Bernardo Rodriguez
Quote:
On 2009-07-23 07:51, Fábio DeRose wrote:
Is THAT the demo video?!

Dude! it says demo at the top...LOL
Fábio DeRose
View Profile
Inner circle
San Paolo, Brasile
1477 Posts

Profile of Fábio DeRose
Quote:
On 2009-07-23 13:03, Cardsharp3000 wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-07-23 07:51, Fábio DeRose wrote:
Is THAT the demo video?!

Dude! it says demo at the top...LOL

Doooood!

Allow me to make it clearer:

Is that poor-resolution webcamish video the demo of this effect?

Demo video with demo quality. Ew!
Fábio De'Rose - Ilusionista
www.ENIGMAGICO.com.br

Twitter @Enigmagico
Nico Zottos
View Profile
Elite user
486 Posts

Profile of Nico Zottos
I agree about the demo...I got the idea of the trick but I would have liked to see more, even in the portions of the trick that he shows its hard to see because the quality isn't that great.
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
The demo looks fine, I'm sure many of you would prefer a higher quality video with special effects & jumpy edits that doesn't show the effect.

Mike
Blueroyalty
View Profile
Loyal user
280 Posts

Profile of Blueroyalty
It seems that invests more on the quality of his effects than video. I have elevator and THE ONE, and both have poor demo quality as well instruction video. The gimmicks and effects are top quality though (at least for the two that I have, well more so for THE ONE lol).
RooMan
View Profile
Special user
Texas
704 Posts

Profile of RooMan
Maybe I saw a different demo but it looks fine to me. Both it and the description (and the fact that it's a Peter Loughran release) have me pretty much sold.
Russell Scoggin
View Profile
Loyal user
Lubbock, Texas
257 Posts

Profile of Russell Scoggin
Can this be done inside?
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Quote:
On 2009-08-08 01:04, Russell Scoggin wrote:
Can this be done inside?

It would seem that it could. Simply using the overhead lights of a room should provide enough light to filter through the lens of the apparatus. I am just guessing, but I do think that it would work inside.

Ray
Josho
View Profile
Special user
Albany, New York
758 Posts

Profile of Josho
I think it looks wonderful. My only question is if it requires anything proprietary that needs to be replaced/refilled, etc, through Peter, or if any such replacements/refills are widely available through other sources.

--Josh
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
What a whacky idea for a trick. Seems like a pretty creative, quirky plot. Like the way the demo shows the light moving freely before the freeze. I'd bet that little kids would like this one, too, especially since it doesn't require the spectators to understand or memorize card values.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
RooMan
View Profile
Special user
Texas
704 Posts

Profile of RooMan
You saw the light moving before the freeze? I saw just the opposite.
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
Hey Josh, there are no refills to buy, or anything extra to buy from me. The product includes everything, except for a deck of cards of your choice, and a pen or sharpie for your spectators to use to sign the cards. There are also different effects that the gimmick can be used for aside from the standard plot/effect.

The light is seen to move freely over top of the card before the freeze. Some shots in front of the specators show this on the demo, while some of the static shots show just the glow. I realize that due to the cloudy day it is harder to make out the glow moving while captured on film in some shots. The effect/and the effect of the light moving before the freeze is much much more visual to see in person(even on a cloudy day).

This can be done inside under most conditions with regular light. Or light that is directly above the lens in dimmer conditions.

P.
Brand New: - SNAKE BITE ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.l2fireworks.com
Russell Scoggin
View Profile
Loyal user
Lubbock, Texas
257 Posts

Profile of Russell Scoggin
Wow, looks and sounds great! And since it can be done inside under most normal lighting conditions, I'm definitely getting this one. Can't wait! Don't get excited about too many tricks anymore, but this one has my attention. Love the tricks where spectators get a souvenir also! I saw today that it's already for sale at Hocus-Pocus. Thanks Peter!
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I am a sucker for tricks with a new plot! This fits the bill!
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » FROZEN GLOW - interesting upcoming new trick (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL