The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Your favorite Devin Knight effect? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
All of his effects are great.

Regards,
Mike
CharlieBlack
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of CharlieBlack
I do not have any of his work but I will definitely check those that you have mentioned in the near future. There are certainly a lot of great effects for me to check out. New effects come pouring in when I haven got the time and resources to explore the old ones.

The negative side of following magic Café is that it ensures that my bank account will not increase.
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
Devin is gifted with a mental genius that has resulted in an internal explosion of innovative thinking. As a result, it's not just his products that amaze. It's also his creative thoughts captured and documented on paper. One example of this is Silent Running from Ben Harris. Devin has a section, along with subtleties, that just absolutely is indicative of a higher-order level of thinking.

Regards,
Mike
Hilksha
View Profile
New user
Melbourne, Australia
10 Posts

Profile of Hilksha
I always perform Blindsight. I also enjoy using Lexicon Phenomena.
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2508 Posts

Profile of Waters
"Devin Knight's products are like magic ""crack""!"

Man, I know I don't need his latest(s), but for some reason I can't help buying them (all?). I think his Blindsight, Outtasight and Word Sight are my favorites.

Sean
TrickyRicky
View Profile
Inner circle
TrickyRicky
1639 Posts

Profile of TrickyRicky
They are all great effects, but (WORD SIGHT)is my favourate.
tRICKYrICKY.
Eshla
View Profile
Inner circle
1239 Posts

Profile of Eshla
Can we actually credit him with The Glass Box Prediction? I'm no expert, but wasn't that in an Al Mann publication decades earlier?
I come from the future to culture you poor sods with fire.
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2508 Posts

Profile of Waters
Quote:
On 2010-06-07 08:02, Eshla wrote:
Can we actually credit him with The Glass Box Prediction? I'm no expert, but wasn't that in an Al Mann publication decades earlier?

Eshla,

...I think so. Devin is quite honest about the fact that he has streamlined and generally improved many of the Al Mann routines and ideas. Devin assimilates and then cranks up the amperage. Word Sight is one such occurance. Basically this is the second generation of "Lexicon Phenomena" adaptations by Devin, which was orginally devised by Al Mann. I don't think anyone will question the work Devin has done with that. Maybe the Glass Box is the same?

Sean
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
The original Al Mann Glass Box was similar to my Ultimate Headline Prediction, which Al and I both noted the similarities.

Al was my mentor and one of my best friends. He always marveled at how I would take his ideas and expand on them so far that the original was hardly recognizable.

The glass box is the same way, the original idea was explained in my Glass Box revisited, but the future evolutions of the original idea have evolved to the point that almost no one does the original version anymore.

Devin
Eshla
View Profile
Inner circle
1239 Posts

Profile of Eshla
I feel I must appologise Devin, you do seem to have done some great work. Can I ask a question about the "Glass Box Revisited"? I have the origonal and am wondering about upgrading Smile

Tom
xx
I come from the future to culture you poor sods with fire.
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
Upgrades are available for $35. PM me for details.

Devin
domf
View Profile
New user
Canada
67 Posts

Profile of domf
Just read the Glass Box Revisited. Wow! This little book is amazing. I appreciated the little details and subtleties that are provided to us in order to perform the effects the best way possible.

Thanks for sharing this Mr. Knight, well done!

Best
Dom
fib
View Profile
Inner circle
1535 Posts

Profile of fib
With Sanda Panda, does the performer have to be seated?
thanks
joeliron
View Profile
New user
Pescara, Abruzzo, Italy
21 Posts

Profile of joeliron
Glass Box Prediction is my choice.

Giuseppe
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13152 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Balloon Detective
Uncle Joe
View Profile
Regular user
Japan
194 Posts

Profile of Uncle Joe
Foretold (modern version)
Blindsight 2
Outta sight.
Food for thought is next on my list.
I'm also interested in 'First kiss'- Any reviews on this?
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
I think you guys will love my latest: Word Tell available from Hocus Pocus exclusively.
mrmysticmike
View Profile
Elite user
Cleveland, Ohio
427 Posts

Profile of mrmysticmike
Blindsight
chanor
View Profile
Regular user
New York City
121 Posts

Profile of chanor
Far Sight
ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
3005 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
This is not an effect per se, but a false overhand running cut, a force, it's called The Running Cut Force, I love it because it's simple, direct, and I use it in most of my card routines, in fact I'm so used to doing this I sometimes do it when I actually want to cut the cards, it's crazy. I suggest it in my "And There is Silence" manuscript, a psychic playing card routine.

I own a lot of his stuff, but Four Told is cool and The Incredible Feats of Jason Michaels has some interesting stuff in it, a couple of which I use.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Your favorite Devin Knight effect? (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL