The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Improved classic dollar tear (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

suspectacts
View Profile
Elite user
Boston
493 Posts

Profile of suspectacts
I learned a trick as a kid: You take a dollar, fold it in half and openly tear to rips into the bill, then tear the center section out (where George's Portrait is) - audiences view.

To conclude, you snap the bill open and show the visually restored bill restored ( I am purposely being obtuse since this is an open forum).

Years ago I saw Jeff McBride present this as a Cabaret piece but in the middle he had a nice display that seemed to show three separate pieces.

Anyone know where this is written up?
ralphs007
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of ralphs007
Hi
It's written up in http://www.mjmmagic.com/store/collected-......849.html
It's also preformed, by Jeff McBride, on The WGM money dvd.
"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him".
James D. Miles
suspectacts
View Profile
Elite user
Boston
493 Posts

Profile of suspectacts
Ralph,

Do you happen to remember what it's called in Richard's Almanac?
ralphs007
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of ralphs007
Hi
Hang on, I'll go check.
"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him".
James D. Miles
ralphs007
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of ralphs007
OK, I'm back. It's called Rip-It Revolutionized by Johnny Hirose. It starts on page 370, and it has 18 pictures, along with the instructions.
James D. Miles
suspectacts
View Profile
Elite user
Boston
493 Posts

Profile of suspectacts
Thanks!
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18559 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
The original Rip It was Jack Chanin's. When I saw him do it it fried me big time. He taught me and I used it a lot for a long time.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Sam Weiss
View Profile
Loyal user
Stratford, CT should have more than
278 Posts

Profile of Sam Weiss
I just found it in my book! I must have skipped over it for some reason... so I tried it out just now and it's amazing... I'm going to perform it for someone anytime I want to make a quick buck. Smile
"There's something that gets in your soul when you study magic,it's in your heart, and when you perform it comes across the footlights and into everybody else's heart..."
-Denny Haney
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17000 Posts

Profile of joseph
Hirose will show you how on THIS video...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
tyalox
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of tyalox
The Kaufman almanach contains also the Slydini's version which cannot be the worst Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Improved classic dollar tear (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL