The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Routines for Okito Slot box (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
fortasse
View Profile
Inner circle
1201 Posts

Profile of fortasse
Can anyone direct me as to which publications or online sites would have good routines using the Okito slot box (the modern type popularized by Roth). Specific information would be much appreciated.
Fortasse
doug brewer
View Profile
V.I.P.
1142 Posts

Profile of doug brewer
Hi Fortasse: I will be at Magic Live next week and will have my coin boxes with me. I can show you there if you approach me.

Doug Brewer
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4675 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
Roth's entire routine that uses the slot box, with all the subtleties and nuances that go into making this routine a classic, is now taught on the New York Coin Magic Seminar DVD vol 10 - Still More.
S.E.M. (The Sun, the Moon, and the Earth) is a sun and moon routine unlike any other. Limited to 100 sets, here is the promo:
https://youtu.be/aFuAWCNEuOI?si=ZdDUNV8lUPWvtOcL
$325 ppd USA (Shipping extra outside of USA). If interested, shoot me an email for ordering information at rubinsteindvm@aol.com
TC Ryder
View Profile
Elite user
Florida
494 Posts

Profile of TC Ryder
Twocan has a nice Routine he does based on Roth's slot box routine. he can give you some pointers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=100n9CnFjXw

Nice Job Towcan.

TC
www.realcoinmagic.com

"Real Coins for Real Magicians"
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Very Nice!!!

I can't get over just how much talent there is here. Very humbling.

Doug
doug brewer
View Profile
V.I.P.
1142 Posts

Profile of doug brewer
The guy you're calling Twocan does a very nice routine. I've commented on his other routines before too, but I think he has a very smooth double-feint vanish.
TC Ryder
View Profile
Elite user
Florida
494 Posts

Profile of TC Ryder
You should see him in person. He is smooth. He is a super guy and has no problem sharing his knowledge with others. If you ever get to Tampa you can meet him.

TC
www.realcoinmagic.com

pabloinus
View Profile
Inner circle
1682 Posts

Profile of pabloinus
I'd agree, Twocan routine is excellent, very nice to watch. I like some of the sleights (few are a little bit difficult for me) and how he "influences" perceptions repeating "I put 3 coins on the box ...",
I did learn many things from his routine...

Pablo
TC Ryder
View Profile
Elite user
Florida
494 Posts

Profile of TC Ryder
He has a really nice Spider vanish.

TC
www.realcoinmagic.com

Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4675 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
That actually is the Roth routine -you can see the full, original routine with the explanation on the NYCMS DVD.
S.E.M. (The Sun, the Moon, and the Earth) is a sun and moon routine unlike any other. Limited to 100 sets, here is the promo:
https://youtu.be/aFuAWCNEuOI?si=ZdDUNV8lUPWvtOcL
$325 ppd USA (Shipping extra outside of USA). If interested, shoot me an email for ordering information at rubinsteindvm@aol.com
TC Ryder
View Profile
Elite user
Florida
494 Posts

Profile of TC Ryder
Yes I did mention that it was based on David's routine in the thread.
I friend of mine got a David Roth slot box last month and showed it to me. I compared it to the one I had and there was not comparison. The Roth slot box is by far superior. I highly recommend it.

TC
www.realcoinmagic.com

TC Ryder
View Profile
Elite user
Florida
494 Posts

Profile of TC Ryder
And yes it is the Roth routine.

TC
www.realcoinmagic.com

Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
Doug Brewer, being the coy tease that he is, has neglected to mention that the reason he'll be packin' the heavy metal at Magic Live is because he's just released a brand new book of his coin box material, and he should have the book with him there.

The book is "Coin Box Killers" and the material in it is terrific. Germane to this thread, there are two routines in "Killers" that use a slot box. One is an extremely commercial workhorse of a routine that cuts right to the chase, and ends with an explosion. (metaphorically speaking, of course. This is a worker's routine, and does not involve injuring the audience. I should mention that no coin boxes are actually killed, either.)

The second routine is a "challenge" effect, in that Doug takes on a brand new effect in coin magic--a progressive coins through (box and) table. You'll have check out the book to see what I mean, but that's okay, because you really should check out this book.

Like Doug's "Unexpected Visitor" the writing is crisp and clear, the illustrations are excellent, and the sleights are well within the reach of most coin workers. If you're interested in new coin box magic, you really owe it to yourself to corner Doug at Magic Live and get a live demo.
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
VernonOnCoins
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1979 Posts

Profile of VernonOnCoins
Is this book available through dealers.

Ive seen clips on Youtube and have been waiting for it
Darrin Cook
View Profile
Special user
621 Posts

Profile of Darrin Cook
I have a routine "Fist of Okito" in my book "As the Crow Flies."

As an added bonus, the action takes place at chest height, up off of the table.

The basic effect is coins penetrating the box one at a time. It concludes with a coin penetrating the hand and the box, with an audible arrival in the box.
doug brewer
View Profile
V.I.P.
1142 Posts

Profile of doug brewer
Hi Vernononcoins: you can buy it directly from me if you want it sooner than later. They're $25 ppd in the US. $30 international. However, it will be available through dealers. My paypal is jazzmagic@worldnet.att.net
mystre71
View Profile
Inner circle
martinsburg west virginia
1693 Posts

Profile of mystre71
Congrats Doug! I just sent payment. can't wait to check this out.

Best,
Joe
Walk around coin box work check it out here https://www.magicalmystries.com/products
VernonOnCoins
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1979 Posts

Profile of VernonOnCoins
Thanks Doug

Will do

c
VernonOnCoins
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1979 Posts

Profile of VernonOnCoins
How many routines are in the book? Whats the breakdown?
doug brewer
View Profile
V.I.P.
1142 Posts

Profile of doug brewer
Sure - there are 13 routines total. 2 are non-box routines that tie into either a subsequent or previous coin box routine. However all the routines can be performed independently of each other. The first 3 routines are larger scale sets that might need a little more space, 2 use 2c/1s gimmick, 2 use CSB coins, 2 use the box as a production box.

As Curtis alludes to, I've also included my Progressive Assembly (through table) routine. This plot has one coin go through the box and table, then it is replaced into the box. Then two coins go through the box and table, then these 2 coins are replaced into the box, then all three go through to end. This was actually quite a difficult plot to work out methodologically speaking. No pipe dream method, however. It works and is effective.

Also, I've thrown a little theory/discussion in, along with a fully illustrated appendix of 7 sleights that are used throughout the book. Total of 80+ illustrations by Tony Dunn. Layout by Rosie Rings (she does the Antinomy magazine). Written by little ol' me Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Routines for Okito Slot box (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL