The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Step right up! » » Worms with "string" on the package (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Matthew W
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2456 Posts

Profile of Matthew W
I found some cheap worms, but the only problem is that it says "String" on the package.

It says "Pull hidden string - watch it slither" curved around the top of the clear bubble that contains the worm.

Does anyone think this will be a problem with selling them? I am thinking of making the comparison of a dog on a leash to the worm to try and cover for the package.

Any thoughts? Thanks.
-Matt
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2719 Posts

Profile of sethb
Why would you want to sell a magic trick that has the secret printed on the OUTSIDE of the package?
"Watch the Professor!!" -- Al Flosso (1895-1976)
"The better you are, the closer they watch" -- Darwin Ortiz, STRONG MAGIC
Matthew W
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2456 Posts

Profile of Matthew W
Price. I will already have an order in with the company for magic tricks, I figured I would get them there since they only cost about 60 cents a piece.

They look to be the same ones as the Squirmles (google eyes).
-Matt
Matthew W
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2456 Posts

Profile of Matthew W
I found another cheap source, but it is only one color, pink. Any thoughts on only one color?
-Matt
B Hackler
View Profile
Special user
778 Posts

Profile of B Hackler
I get my svengail decks and worms from fun inc at a great price.
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2719 Posts

Profile of sethb
Quote:
On 2009-07-23 Matthew W wrote: Price. I will already have an order in with the company for magic tricks, I figured I would get them there since they only cost about 60 cents a piece.

Wrong Answer!! You're supposed to be a pitchman, not the Masked Magician. SETH
"Watch the Professor!!" -- Al Flosso (1895-1976)
"The better you are, the closer they watch" -- Darwin Ortiz, STRONG MAGIC
Matthew W
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2456 Posts

Profile of Matthew W
I didn't know I was being quizzed.

Click here to view attached image.
-Matt
Ray Pierce
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2604 Posts

Profile of Ray Pierce
My thinking is that the packages are not rack mounted or on display so you're not giving anything away. They don't get the package until you have the money and then they get the instructions anyway. Maybe have them prestuffed into the plastic or paper bags ready to go.

The disadvantage is the packaging being seen on the ground or in the garbage (although digging through trash for magic secrets might be a waste). You don't want people coming up and asking if this is the worm on the string.

This is probably the same company that sold a cheap dancing cane in toy stores for about $5 as a toy showing how you swing it back and forth on the cover.

Makes you wonder!
Ray Pierce
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Step right up! » » Worms with "string" on the package (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL