The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » The Jeff Dunham Show - Debuts in late Oct. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

stevezany
View Profile
Regular user
145 Posts

Profile of stevezany
Saw this online...

"The Jeff Dunham Show" debuts on Thursday, October 22.

The new half-hour comedy-reality show from Levity Entertainment starring ventriloquist-comedian Jeff Dunham will feature Dunham and his cast of characters performing in front of a live studio audience as well as interacting on location with real people in and around Los Angeles.

Building upon the breakout success of Dunham's stand-up specials, the most recent of which, "Jeff Dunham's Very Special Christmas Special," was the most-watched telecast in the network's history with 6.6 million viewers, "The Jeff Dunham Show" takes his beloved characters off the stage and places them into real world scenarios including Walter and Jeff visiting a licensed psychologist to save their relationship, Bubba J taking aim at a real rifle range and Achmed attempting to sign up new recruits at an actual job fair.
tacrowl
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
1633 Posts

Profile of tacrowl
Thanks for the update Steve. Jeff sent out an e-mail looking for people for some of the bits. Apparently one of his characters is going to marry a couple, and Peanut wants to provide coaching for an actual home birth.
Tom Crowl - Comedy Ventriloquist

ComedyVentriloquist.com

Learn-Ventriloquism.com

stevezany
View Profile
Regular user
145 Posts

Profile of stevezany
Tom, the show will definitely break new ground and take ventriloquism to the next level. And that's good for the craft and for us vents.
tacrowl
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
1633 Posts

Profile of tacrowl
Agreed!

ComedyVentriloquist.com

Learn-Ventriloquism.com

stevezany
View Profile
Regular user
145 Posts

Profile of stevezany
Excerpts from a Comedy Central news release issued yesterday...

NEW YORK, Aug. 17 /PRNewswire/ -- COMEDY CENTRAL fans, get ready! Fall 2009 will be chock full of brand spanking new comedy...

...The Jeff Dunham Show" - Series Premiere Premieres Thursday, October 22 at 9:00 p.m.

"The Jeff Dunham Show" is a new half-hour comedy-reality show from Levity Entertainment starring ventriloquist-comedian Jeff Dunham. Building upon the breakout success of his COMEDY CENTRAL stand-up specials, the most recent of which, "Jeff Dunham's Very Special Christmas Special," was the most-watched telecast in COMEDY CENTRAL history with 6.6 million viewers, "The Jeff Dunham Show" brings his beloved characters, including Walter, Peanut, Bubba J and Achmed the Dead Terrorist, to a live studio audience and also places them in real world scenarios in and around Los Angeles...
tacrowl
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
1633 Posts

Profile of tacrowl
Apparently the press tour didn't go well.

http://trueslant.com/matthewgreenberg/20......-comedy/

http://www.thrfeed.com/2009/07/jeff-dunh......ca-.html

Of course, the press won't be the ones watching...

ComedyVentriloquist.com

Learn-Ventriloquism.com

Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
This will be interesting.....
Mister Mystery
Servante
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Servante
Yipe.

All I can say is that my fiancee and I went to see him in concert. She's not a show business type (Still can't figure what she sees in me, then, but...), but told me, and has told everyone since, that this was one of the best things she's ever seen.

He may just have miscalculated regarding the sensibilities of his audience.
chris mcbrien
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
1235 Posts

Profile of chris mcbrien
Quote:
On 2009-07-23 19:57, stevezany wrote:
Tom, the show will definitely break new ground and take ventriloquism to the next level. And that's good for the craft and for us vents.

Exactly! This will be good for all of us! Congrats to Jeff!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » The Jeff Dunham Show - Debuts in late Oct. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL