The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Mahka Tendo canes for $34.00? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Hello:

I noticed this company (magicfront) is advertising Mahka Tendo appearing canes for $34.00 USD. Can anybody tell me if this is legitimate?

http://www.magicfront.com/html/product_129.html

I understand that canes made by the late Mahka Tendo were Harakhan canes which he painted. I used to have several Harakhan canes and they didn't look like the photos, but maybe they've changed.

The price seems too good to be true...don't you think? This company also has auctions on the big auction site, and they even have a youtube clip of Mahka doing one of his canes.

Ron
Daveandrews
View Profile
Special user
London, UK
723 Posts

Profile of Daveandrews
The site is full of pictures of Lu Chen - a very respected magician and member of the Café. Is it his site? If not, I should think he would be very interested to see it.

Dave
http://[URL]www.partymagic.org.uk" target="_blank">www.partymagic.org.uk" target="_blank">http://[URL]www.partymagic.org.uk

Winner of KIDabra International's 'People's Choice Award'
Winner IBM British Ring Dittia Shield for manipulation
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7401 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Mahka had is canes made by the same company that made Harrakan;s. Mahka told me that himself.

I don't know anything about this company but that is a good price.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Fábio DeRose
View Profile
Inner circle
San Paolo, Brasile
1477 Posts

Profile of Fábio DeRose
This site is a knock-off, I guess.

They market Dirk Losander's Chainbreaker, again by having images of Lu Chen performing it. They also make A LOT of English mistakes... Chinglish is so funny, though.

http://www.magicfront.com/html/product_138.html

(I wonder how come they have come up with Portuguese words there also! ['fita isolante' stands for 'duct tape'])
Fábio De'Rose - Ilusionista
www.ENIGMAGICO.com.br

Twitter @Enigmagico
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3629 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
They do have some good prices. I wonder how much "shipping and handling" would be?

Jim
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11209 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Those are not Mahka Tendo canes.

Currently there are canes similar to the Mahka Tendo canes sold in the Asian countries. They are made from China and made to look like the Mahka Tendo canes. The release mechanism is different (poor material used for the spring release) and the materials of the cane is different (quality) too. In fact there are a few versions, some function horribly. I have played with them and am very disappointed with some of them.

I agree that the price is great. Look for those with better materials but judging them from online photos will not help. You have to try them out personally and you can see the differences.
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5413 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
As I understand it SEO Magic now has the last remaining Mahka Tendo canes, and they are working with his wife as she continues to produce the canes in limited quantities.
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11209 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
That is good news! At least the production is still on.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7401 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I would imagine that Mahka set things up for his wife to continue to have them manufactured as I think he did little of the assembly of them.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
daisuke
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of daisuke
Hello, everyone.
This is Daisuke from SEO MAGIC.

I came to say that company called MAGICFRONT's cane is NOT Mahka Tendo's Cane. Since, Mahka Tendo has past away. We would like to say the words in behalf of Mahka Tendo to protect his quality work of appearing cane.

As of we checked their web-site, it looks like they're full of rip-off items.
We feel very sad and very shame about their unrespectful attitude.
They're using our online video which they stealed from our web-site.
Using just like their own video. I am totally upset about why my face
need to be appear on the people who selling rip-off items.

I would like to say "Thank You" to the people who aware that this company(Magicfront) is selling rip-off items.

Not only them, I saw many rip-offs is now making in some countries and
maybe some consumers are not aware that they're buying rip-off items.

I want to say this loudly.

DON'T BUY RIP-OFF ITEMS. THEY'RE CHEAP BUT QUALITY IS CHEAP TOO.

One last thing, regarding AUTHENTIC MAHKA TENDO'S APPEARING CANES.
Yes, as what Magiguy posted, Now we have the very last remaining canes
that Mahka Tendo has lefted to his wife. Now his wife is taking over
the business and start to making new canes. She is working until very late
to make the quality canes everyday. Mahka Tendo left his wife and small son.
We definately need to support and cheer their business.

WE WILL NOT LET SOME SHAMELESS PEOPLE TO SELL RIP-OFF ITEMS.
PLEASE SUPPORT TO BUY AUTHENTIC PRODUCTS.

Thank you for taking a time to read this message from SEO MAGIC USA!
David Bilan
View Profile
Special user
Clarksville, TN
715 Posts

Profile of David Bilan
Daisuke,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your input. it also explains why there is such a large price difference.

Dave Bilan
Yes, I am a magician. No I did not make my hare (hair) disappear... it just took early retirement.
daisuke
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of daisuke
Dear Mr. Bilan,
Thank you for taking time to read my post.

Mahka Tendo, himself, cannot speak, tell, exlplain, even complain any more...
I will protect his name and honor, and support his family.

Again, thank you for taking time to read it.
Have a magical Sunday!

Daisuke Seo
Fred-Erik Johanson
View Profile
New user
Estonia
89 Posts

Profile of Fred-Erik Johanson
Thank you Daisuke for clearing that up. So is SEO Magic the only place where Mahka Tendo canes are still available from time to time or is there any more places there where to look?

-Fred
daisuke
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of daisuke
According to Azusa (Mahka Tendo's wife), they haven't sold them to any other dealers for a while, since Mahka was in hospital (that was January 2009).

Other dealers may have his canes if they purchased from Mahka Tendo long time ago. What everyone need to be careful is like we posted above, some dealers who selling many rip-off items using Mahka Tendo's name even though the cane is NOT from Mahka Tendo.

They can still sell the canes under their name, like Color Appearing Cane, Chinese Cane. But using someone eles name and/or product name just like they try to pretend is totally unacceptable.

Thank you,
Daisuke Seo, SEO MAGIC USA
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11209 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
I am glad to hear that Azusa (Mahka Tendo's wife) is taking charge of the business to continue offering Mahka Tendo's fine products. ANd I fully support that we should support genuine products.

Thanks, Daisuke, for giving us the good news.
bojanbarisic
View Profile
Elite user
Croatia
459 Posts

Profile of bojanbarisic
Daisuke,
I hope you will start to sell all those great DVDs offered by Mahka Tendo, AIVIDEO, UGM and other Japanese companies that most magicians have never heard about.
daisuke
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of daisuke
I also would like to say thank you to JamesTong, Fred, David, Richard, Magiguy, and anybody else who are reading this topic.

Thank you for giving us this oppotunity to announce the truth.

Also, I would like to say "Thank You!" in behalf of Mahka Tendo, his wife, and his young son.

Daisuke Seo, SEO MAGIC USA
Daveandrews
View Profile
Special user
London, UK
723 Posts

Profile of Daveandrews
Daisuke - many thanks for your input here. Have you been in touch with Lu Chen at all - I am really concerned that his image is all over the pages of the Magicfront website. Perhaps I should find his e-mail address and let him know - in fact I will do that.

Daisuke, very best wishes to you and SEO.

Dave
http://[URL]www.partymagic.org.uk" target="_blank">www.partymagic.org.uk" target="_blank">http://[URL]www.partymagic.org.uk

Winner of KIDabra International's 'People's Choice Award'
Winner IBM British Ring Dittia Shield for manipulation
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7401 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Daisuke,
I thank you for coming forward and clearing the air. Mahka was a casual acquaintance that I worked with several times. It saddens me that these rip off artists continue to prosper off of other's good names.

I hope his wife has continued success with the business.

Richard
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5699 Posts

Profile of Regan
I was fortunate to be able to get a Mahka Tendo cane from SEO magic. I love it, and am very thankful that I was able to get one of the last that he made. I will cherish it for as long as I have it, and it will also serve as a reminder of Mahka.

Thank you Diasuke for filling us in on the knock-off situation. It is especially shameful in light of Mahka's recent passing. At $34 it is obvious something was not right. That old saying about getting what you pay for is usually correct.

Regan
Mister Mystery
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Mahka Tendo canes for $34.00? (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL