The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Clowning around » » An evil clown? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
Where did you get that idea? Maybe party clowns are supposed to be good, but the history of clowning has many, not neccesarily evil, but definitely dark clowns among its ranks.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
sdgiu
View Profile
Elite user
The Boonies, NC
456 Posts

Profile of sdgiu
I guess magicians, (of which I count myself one, I've done magic off and on for about 35 years and clowning for about 6 years) don't understand why Clowns cringe at the evil clown thing. It would be about the same as hearing about some magician who was a child molester, or finding out that Bin Laden was a member in good standing of the Magic Castle (he wasn't {RCGC}).

It's a matter of pride in what you do among other things, and preserving the childlike wonder that keeps us all in business doing magic.

Thanks
Steve
zzz

P.S. I liked "Killer Clowns from Outer Space" too, but I could've been just as happy if I'd never seen it.
z Smile
Mina
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto Canada
101 Posts

Profile of Mina
Glad To see someone plugging ses Carney he is an excellent performer.. Someone mentioned Koko the killer klown and he is no longer available thru Coney Island do to the fact that he has vanished Smile A Killer Klown on the loose... now that's evil... Klowns so scary ...Mina is terrified of klowns *Hide under her close up mat*
OMG Did someone say Richard Sanders!?
0pus
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1739 Posts

Profile of 0pus
Wasn't a clown the epitome of evil in Steven King's novel "IT?"

I believe that it was Stephen King, when asked what is horror, replied that when you see a clown in daylight (at a birthday party or carnival), that is harmless and amusing. But if a clown is at your backdoor at midnight, that's horror.

I guess King was saying that horror was not necessarily things that were scary in themselves, but rather even relatively innocuous things in the wrong context. Thus horror is the "clown at midnight." The concept of the clown, which normally has a narrowly-defined boundaries, lends itself somewhat naturally to being placed into shocking contexts. Smile Smile
Jewls
View Profile
Veteran user
Michigan-USA
360 Posts

Profile of Jewls
ROFLOL...Can't wait to see your marketing materials and would be scared to go to the parties you will be booked for! They will probably be scarier than your clown!

Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
Smile I ain't scared of no clown!
jlibby
View Profile
Inner circle
1044 Posts

Profile of jlibby
Quote:
On 2002-12-14 08:29, 0pus wrote:
Wasn't a clown the epitome of evil in Steven King's novel "IT?"

Indeed he was. I remember a few years ago at the Vent Haven convention, someone was selling an evil clown puppet that looked rather like Tim Curry in "IT." I briefly considered purchasing it, then thought, "when would I ever use it?" It was cool looking, though.

On the same topic, I believe Batman's nemesis the Joker qualifies as an evil clown. And anyone who thinks otherwise, well you're just mistaken, my friend. White face, wacky suit, squirting flower filled with acid... oh yes, he has "evil clown" written all over him. Smile

Happy New Year!
Joe L.
My new FREE ebook on the classic Mismade Bill trick is ready for you:
https://funnybirthdayshow.com/mismadebill/
Alchemist
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of Alchemist
Ichazod,

I know this is an old topic, but I had to resurrect it! Did you decide to do anything with your evil clown idea?

I did an evil jester a couple of years ago and I've toyed with the idea of bringing him back. You've brought it to the forefront again!
Hayze
View Profile
New user
Louisiana
83 Posts

Profile of Hayze
My persona is that of an evil clown Ichazod, goes over great.

Also, note that the makeup I'm wearing in my pic is not my character, that was just some Insane Clown Posse make-up from a couple of halloweens ago.
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2742 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
For a truly evil clown, check out Yucko the Clown at http://www.compfused.com ...warning this is very shocking!
magicoftomh
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, Ohio
3664 Posts

Profile of magicoftomh
I cannot think of a more evil clown than CREEPY. Creepy Clown was the creation of the late Dr. Don Tatro, a psychologist. :^) Online graphic artists began rendering strange, twisted images, and Creepy took on a life of his own. Check him out at...http://www.creepyclown.com/

R.I.P. Don!
Here's hoping everything you do hits the BULLSEYE!

Tom Hornikel
http://tjhornikel.cjb.net
RiffClown
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorktown, Virginia (Previously Germany)
1579 Posts

Profile of RiffClown
Quote:
On 2003-01-16 13:10, Alchemist wrote:
Ichazod,

I know this is an old topic, but I had to resurrect it!

That's too bad. Evil is everything that a clown is not..
Rob "Riff, the Magical Clown" Eubank aka RiffClown
<BR>http://www.riffclown.com
<BR>Magic is not the method, but the presentation.
Cory Gallupe
View Profile
Inner circle
Nova Scotia, Canada
1272 Posts

Profile of Cory Gallupe
Im not a clown myself, but I think it would be a great idea! What abotu an evil magician, has anyone done that before? Maybe Blaine??? anyways, I think it would be very funny but I don't know what the treaction would be if you did it for kids...
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2477 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
The late Bill Hicks (comic easily on a par with Lenny Bruce) did a "Beelzebozo" bit on his album "Relentless" (also on the 'best of' "Flying Saucer Tour" album) - classic!
See the BALLYCAST Sideshow Blog & Podcast

There is no "way to peace." Peace is the way.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Clowning around » » An evil clown? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL