The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » CA$H BOX - Jessesmagic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Jessiah
View Profile
Inner circle
J E S S E S M A G I C
1074 Posts

Profile of Jessiah
Hello Everybody! I've got a new effect coming out really really soon. Its called "CA$H BOX". A visual change from a dollar bill to a deck of playing cards. Take a look at the demo video, and please let me know if you have ANY questions. You can Email or PM me if you have any specific questions. I look forward to hearing from you all... thanks for the support!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLh97TPK9yg
EventEntertainer
View Profile
Inner circle
Look Ma!
1104 Posts

Profile of EventEntertainer
The correct link is http://www.youtube.com/user/JessesMagic#......_CAVRF9s

Replace the card box with a deck of cards and this is Docc Hilford's Million Dollar Deck out of his Star Trade Show Act (see description below)...same method as well.

Not bashing or accusing, just pointing it out.


The Effect

A Stack of 100 Bills Instantly Changes Into A Complete, Ungimmicked Deck of Playing Cards!

Moving smoothly from one trick to another while performing is important in magic, and Docc Hilford's Million Dollar Deck is the perfect way to transition from money magic into card magic.

Imagine picking up a fat stack of hundred dollar bills (you don't really need to have a stack of 100's lying around) and by simply removing the paper band and passing your hand over the money, the bills instantly change into a deck of cards! You can then go on to perform any of your favorite card tricks.

The change happens so fast you'll amaze yourself!
The gimmick disappears instantly-no one will ever have a chance at catching you
Perform it on stage or close-up
Consultant, performer, creator, and all around nice guy!
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
Wandering around with
2230 Posts

Profile of magicmind
And some other new effects to read about....
Not bashing or accusing, just pointing it out.
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=218
Pay it forward
Magic Phenom
View Profile
New user
Oakland, Cali
17 Posts

Profile of Magic Phenom
How examinable is the box? And how natural is the get ready for the effect or do you just hve to walk around with the dollar held in your hands until ready to perform
APC
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1132 Posts

Profile of APC
Thanks for the heads up Jesse! Looks cool, but I also am curious about how dirty you are after the change. Keep up the good work man!
Adam
Jessiah
View Profile
Inner circle
J E S S E S M A G I C
1074 Posts

Profile of Jessiah
Thanks everyone! Here's the link again: http://www.youtube.com/user/JessesMagic#......_CAVRF9s

CA$H BOX ends very clean. The gimmick has a lock/unlocking feature that allows for normal handling of a card box. Of course all the cards inside are real, so you can go right into an effect. Its visual, and quick. The bill could be found folded up next to a f*rc*d card too. "What does a dollar get you these days? A card trick..." etc... The box is not supposed to be examinable. Its supposed to look normal, and be handled normally too. Very practical, very easy to use.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Smile
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1127 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
What is the point of that demo edited to the hilt at the crucial moment,would probably work from the one angle that the camera is filming at.Would'nt touch any of your stuff.
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1331 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
Does it use fism flash to make the spec blink at the point the dollar changes to the card box? That's the way it looks in the demo.
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
2906 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
LOL Andi!

While the effect may be visual, I see a lot of potential flaws... for instance, the need to walk into your set with the bill in hand... I also forsee some angle difficulties.

Some guys may make great use out of this... but it's not for me.
Follow Michael Kras on Twitter! http://www.twitter.com/KrasMagic

Check out The Kras Change at Vanishing Inc Magic! http://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic-downloads/ebooks/kras-change/
AntonDreaming
View Profile
Special user
Gloucester by the sea
622 Posts

Profile of AntonDreaming
I'll be honest (and while you may all know Im Jesse's friend you don't always see me chime in on these things) I WAS very on the fence about this effect until I saw 2 things. One the way the gimmick stays shut made me like 10xs more comfortable with this.

(I do not believe Docs effect had a locking element, but I could be wrong, anyone know one way or the other?)

MORE importantly the spectator reactions this trick gets are great! This is a beautiful piece of eye candy for the average spectator. Its easy as a magician to look at this and say "oh its just so and so that's easy" because we live in a world where these secrets are a second language. Spectators do not, and I think any effect that requires so little effort on the operators part that gets a great woah (no screaming and running down the block mind you but a very satisfying WOAH!) is totally worth it.

As far as ending dirty, we all do at the end of hundy and that may be the best close up trick ever. I have NOT had any one ask to see the box yet. I simply remove the deck and move on.

So for a simple, small effort on the magicians part we get a visual effect with a sweet reaction Smile

Have fun out there!
Anton
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
Wandering around with
2230 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Quote:
On 2009-07-26 23:15, AntonDreaming wrote:
I'll be honest (and while you may all know Im Jesse's friend you don't always see me chime in on these things) I WAS very on the fence about this effect until I saw 2 things. One the way the gimmick stays shut made me like 10xs more comfortable with this.
Have fun out there!
Anton


You do not "always" chime in, just 90% of the time. The gimmick staying shut is a +, but the trick is so very obvious. what sense does it make? Fold a dollar and it becomes a deck of cards? what is the motivation? You cannot even take this bill out of your wallet, much less have it look non-stiff.
Pay it forward
Nico Zottos
View Profile
Elite user
486 Posts

Profile of Nico Zottos
My friend Jordan Johnson came up with a very similar idea about two years ago....kudos to Jesse for releasing it first though. The only difference with Jordans is the change is automatic with no movement needed, the bill can be pulled from the wallet allowing the effect to be done on the spot rather than walking around with the bill in position and also in Jordan's, everything is examinable after the change.
APC
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1132 Posts

Profile of APC
The motivation I would use would be that I forgot my cards and couldn't find a store to purchase one, but I did have enough money to purchase one. Then money becomes cards. Makes sense to me.
AntonDreaming
View Profile
Special user
Gloucester by the sea
622 Posts

Profile of AntonDreaming
Quote:
On 2009-07-28 21:33, magicmind wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-07-26 23:15, AntonDreaming wrote:
I'll be honest (and while you may all know Im Jesse's friend you don't always see me chime in on these things) I WAS very on the fence about this effect until I saw 2 things. One the way the gimmick stays shut made me like 10xs more comfortable with this.
Have fun out there!
Anton


You do not "always" chime in, just 90% of the time. The gimmick staying shut is a +, but the trick is so very obvious. what sense does it make? Fold a dollar and it becomes a deck of cards? what is the motivation? You cannot even take this bill out of your wallet, much less have it look non-stiff.


You follow my posts that close huh? Well I havent posted on the Café in months (other than my post in this thread) and I would say 90% is a little high.

Regardless I have performed the effect and have been very pleased with the work to reward ratio is very high for such a nice quick piece of eye candy.

On the subject of motivation, a lot of the best tricks have none. Ambitious Card, linking rings, etc.

Basket Boy Has the right idea though.

Just my two cents nothing more,
Anton
Stucky
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Batman!
1345 Posts

Profile of Stucky
I think Jesse could make many of his ideas into one DVD that shows how to make them. Might be a smarter step.
Official Thread Killer
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
Quote:
On 2009-08-05 05:18, Stucky wrote:
I think Jesse could make many of his ideas into one DVD that shows how to make them. Might be a smarter step.


That is what Bob Solari did with a bunch of his marketed effects, I think it would be a good idea Smile

Mike
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3071 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Bob Solari did do this and it was a great 2 dvd set. If you were to perform just 2 or 3 of these(which you will do and more)you are way ahead as far as cost factor.Its a win win for all, the manufacturer and the buyer.
Nothing Personal-Strictly Business
defconskylude
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of defconskylude
Quote:

The Effect

A Stack of 100 Bills Instantly Changes Into A Complete, Ungimmicked Deck of Playing Cards!

Moving smoothly from one trick to another while performing is important in magic, and Docc Hilford's Million Dollar Deck is the perfect way to transition from money magic into card magic.

Imagine picking up a fat stack of hundred dollar bills (you don't really need to have a stack of 100's lying around) and by simply removing the paper band and passing your hand over the money, the bills instantly change into a deck of cards! You can then go on to perform any of your favorite card tricks.

The change happens so fast you'll amaze yourself!
The gimmick disappears instantly-no one will ever have a chance at catching you
Perform it on stage or close-up


does anyone know where you can find the video demo or performance on this?

I search on a few magic sites and they're sold out with no demo/performance.

if you have this, id like to purchase it from you
defconskylude
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of defconskylude
I placed an order for cashbox on your site.
Jessiah
View Profile
Inner circle
J E S S E S M A G I C
1074 Posts

Profile of Jessiah
Thank you Defconskylude! Got the order, shipping it out asap! Thanks for the support Smile

DEMO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qj3_CAVRF9s
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » CA$H BOX - Jessesmagic (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL