The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Any Ideas (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4445 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
I will soon have to perform some tricks using matches and dice. Does anyone have any really good ideas to blow the audience away? Smile
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
blindbo
View Profile
Special user
Bucks County, PA
790 Posts

Profile of blindbo
The answer to your question: Yes, I do.

Now, I have a question. How do you get into the position of HAVING to perform tricks that you don't know, SOON?
Stef
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of Stef
Can you do the paddle move?

Smile
Life is a throw of the die.
Mentally yours.
Frank Tougas
View Profile
Inner circle
Minneapolis, MN
1712 Posts

Profile of Frank Tougas
Dice stacking is always impressive, depends on how much time you have to practice. Otherwise a simple Chink-A-Chink routine using dice, a two in the hand and one in the pocket type effect, Miko aka the 3 1/2 trick, do some coins across or coins through the table using dice instead of coins. Hank Lee has an old comedy effect where you slam a die onto the table top and instead of going through the dice is in a smashed like appearance flat on the table. You could make it if there is no time to buy one.

And I agree, how DO you get a gig using tricks you don't know or do?
Frank Tougas The Twin Cities Most "Kid Experienced" Children's Performer :"Creating Positive Memories...One Smile at a Time"
Daniel Faith
View Profile
Inner circle
Neenah, Wisconsin
1526 Posts

Profile of Daniel Faith
Travelling match is my favorite match routine.

I am curious as well as to why you soon have to perform effects you don't know or have never practiced?
Daniel Faith
Billy Whizz
View Profile
Special user
Plymouth, UK
576 Posts

Profile of Billy Whizz
Hi guys, the reason Chuds needs to know (although it's not of major importance) is for our next magic circle meeting, where the theme is tricks with matches or dice.
gforster
View Profile
Regular user
californian living in wisconsin
136 Posts

Profile of gforster
Oh, I can't remember the name of it, I think it may be Metallurgy. Anyway, it involves having a coin in your hand and then introducing the flame from a match. After a flash of fire, you open your hand to reveal a melted coin. Maybe you could replace the coin with a die? Just a thought.
EVENTVS STVLTORVM MAGISTER
Mark Martinez
View Profile
Inner circle
Wisconsin
1280 Posts

Profile of Mark Martinez
"It's the Rules" video by Bob Sheets or "James Lewis Tips Dr. Sack's Amazing Dice Trick" video are both great!
Magically,
Mark

Success comes before work only in the dictionary. - Anonymous
blindbo
View Profile
Special user
Bucks County, PA
790 Posts

Profile of blindbo
I apologize for my first smug answer.
Here is my olive branch:

Vinny (vinsmagic, here at the Café) performed an effect with dice which can be viewed here (you need to register to view, but tame enough)

I'm certain Vinny would point you in the right direction, should you want to learn this effect.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Any Ideas (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL