The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » The Stealth Pen vs Misled (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ChrisMagic52
View Profile
Loyal user
North Vancouver, Canada
216 Posts

Profile of ChrisMagic52
Can anyone tell me if there's a difference between these two tricks. I could see that they both involve a Pen going threw something, but I don't know whcih one to buy. Smile
cardfreakhk
View Profile
Special user
Hong Kong SAR
585 Posts

Profile of cardfreakhk
I love the cleverness of Misled, but don't know what the Stealth Pen is.

Michael Lam
Don't just dream, stay awake and action!
Andrew E. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1428 Posts

Profile of Andrew E. Miller
I despise Misled and the Stealth Pen. The Stealth Pen to me is nothing, but a poor quality Pen Through Anything. Go get a good Pen Through Anything please!

Andrew
If you get bored go to www.a-miller.idz.net and watch some magic.

-Andrew
Devils Advocaat
View Profile
Loyal user
London
248 Posts

Profile of Devils Advocaat
Quote:
On 2003-05-31 13:11, Andrew E. Miller wrote:
I despise Misled and the Stealth Pen. The Stealth Pen to me is nothing, but a poor quality Pen Through Anything. Go get a good Pen Through Anything please!

Andrew

...er you forgot to mention why you despise Wenk's pencil-through-bill effect. Smile

Frank. Smile
"My Karma ran over my Dogma..."
Tim Taylor
View Profile
Veteran user
1970 - 2012
375 Posts

Profile of Tim Taylor
I have pen thru anything, perfect pen, mislead and stealth.
I like the Stealth because they can watch you cleanly push the pen thru and pull the pen stright out from the dollar.
Watch the video on Penguin and you can see the difference between this and the other pens.
Chrismagic, mislead involves a pencil not a pen.
There is also a version of the pencil thru bill that you actually stick it thru the bill. This can be fun in the right situation.
Just remember the more versions of a trick you have the more convincing to a repeat audience you will be. Smile
"Even a mosquito gets a slap on the back for a job well done" - Tim Taylor
Logan
View Profile
Inner circle
2279 Posts

Profile of Logan
There have been many threads like this Chrismagic so if you want the opinions of many past - do a search! I know I started a thread like this some time back and it was VERY LONG with many different opinions, maybe that will help you.

But frankly, I like the practicality of a pen thru bill...but I LOVE the visual appeal of Misled...they're the same for me Smile

Take care,

Logan
You've been hit by, you've been struck by, a smooth criminal.

Singapore's Hairiest Corporate Comedy Magician!
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2110 Posts

Profile of marko
Misled will always be my favorite.
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
Andrew E. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1428 Posts

Frank, sorry I forgot to mention why I didn't liek Misled.

Bad Angles and a phony tearing sound. Also, a poor gimmick. I still wish they made them out of metal like they used to.

Pen Through Anything is angle proof with the right handling and the tearing noise is great if you have a good pen.

Andrew

-Andrew
Logan
View Profile
Inner circle
2279 Posts

Profile of Logan
I beg to differ with regards to the tearing sound in Misled - I think it's very realistic and I always get cringes from the audience...and at times I feel like I REALLY DID tear it by accident - fortunately, I didn't Smile
You've been hit by, you've been struck by, a smooth criminal.

Singapore's Hairiest Corporate Comedy Magician!
HiraseMagic
View Profile
Special user
Hong Kong
573 Posts

Profile of HiraseMagic
I love Misled, the downward movement in the second phrase is a sure killer! This is, in fact, one of the most "visual" tricks.

Because I am not a professional magician, and I always do tricks with friends, I do think that The Stealth pen is better than other fancy looking pens. (But if you always wear your suit and feel comfortable carrying an expensive pen, Perfect Pen may be a better option.)

Yet, I totally agree that the Stealth Pen's clear downward push is better than the traditional pen thru dollar method.

my 2 cents,
Hirase
In love with magic!
Andy Leviss
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1179 Posts

Profile of Andy Leviss
I'm in the camp that feels Misled's tear sounds perfectly realistic. Also, FWIW, I don't think it was ever made out of metal, unless perhaps you have a verrrrry early one (pre-1990, when they were very hyped due to Copperfield using them).

At that point in time, the gaff was made out of a different, thicker, more easily broken plastic, which had a slightly more realistic surface to it. I did prefer that one, but a while back they changed to the unbreakable version. It doesn't match quite as well, but it's close enough to work fine. I suppose Timothy decided it was more economical to find a new material than to keep replacing broken ones.
Note: I have PMs turned off; if you want to reach me, please e-mail [email]Andy.MagicCafe@DucksEcho.com[/email]!
Andrew E. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1428 Posts

Andy, you are right. The ones before 1990 were metal and they didn't break easily and lasted longer. I like those better.

Andrew

-Andrew
Andy Leviss
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1179 Posts

Profile of Andy Leviss
Cool...wish I had one of those; if they had the look of the old breakable ones and the durability of the new ones, I'd be in heaven :o) Then again, I was 9 in 1990, so...
Note: I have PMs turned off; if you want to reach me, please e-mail [email]Andy.MagicCafe@DucksEcho.com[/email]!
Neoglobin
View Profile
Elite user
460 Posts

Profile of Neoglobin
I would prefer the Stealth Pen, as it has better angles, which is better for bigger performance performance, if your not doing stage.

Smile
Magically Yours,

Neoglobin.
WizzBang
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of WizzBang
Personally I think a pencil is better for some reason. I have both and seem to get a better reaction from the pencil.
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4019 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Mislead all the way.
magician81
View Profile
Loyal user
singapore
293 Posts

Profile of magician81
Another vote for Misled.
never try, never know
thumbtip
View Profile
Regular user
Simi Valley, California
132 Posts

Profile of thumbtip
Yes Andy that is true. Misled sold for five dollars before it was presented by Copperfield. The original routine only taught the melt through move, not the rip. The day after Copperfield performed, all sales were placed on hold. The price went up to 17.99 the added bill rip routine and David's endorsement. The first stage had a gimmick that would eventually break. They later changed it to a different material that will hold up. I had a friend that made me one made out of very thin gauge brass painted yellow and it works like a charm. So far it has fooled everyone and the tearing sound sounds real. I have pen thru anything and love it too. The stealth I do not know about.
"Life is a sexually transmitted, terminal condition" Normal is a setting on a dryer"
RawVoodoo
View Profile
New user
ohio
62 Posts

Profile of RawVoodoo
Of the 2 I prefer misled. While I don't think the tearing sound is very realistic I feel it doesn't matter. How many people have really torn a bill to know the difference. I don't think it would ever come up ....unless you are pointing out the sound to them. Now if you want a really terrible sound effect in a trick check out Animated Self lighting Cigarette by John Kennedy (the part where the match lights). Now if that can get by the spectators Misled will positively sail past them.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » The Stealth Pen vs Misled (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.3 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL