The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Looking for Brill's Disapearing Piano Plans (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Rod Pringle
View Profile
Special user
543 Posts

Profile of Rod Pringle
I am looking for Brill's Disapearing Piano illusion plans. Anyone have an old copy around?

Thanks

Rod Pringle
Rod Pringle
View Profile
Special user
543 Posts

Profile of Rod Pringle
UPDATE

I FOUND THE DISAPEARING PIANO PLANS , GOT THEM FROM MICKY HADES IN CANADA. Thanks

Rod Pringle
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2907 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
Rod,
I would be interested to see how usable those plans are. Many of A. B. Brill's plans were "borrowed" from other sources and sometimes there were a few vital elements simplied to the point of making the plans pretty much useless. I am not familiar with the vanishing piano illusion, but it sounds interesting.

When I play piano, most people listen wish the piano would disappear.

Oh, it's just like comedy.
Rod Pringle
View Profile
Special user
543 Posts

Profile of Rod Pringle
HAHAHAHA yes, Todd Sometimes I am told to GO OVER BY THE WINDOW AND I'LL HELP YOU OUT. hahaha OR PLAY FAR FAR AWAY!hahaha I wss thinking of working this illusion in at the end of my act, playing the last tune of the show and then vanishing completly with the piano? Then come walking down the isle from the back of the theater to take the final bow.

I am just framing the idea right now, I have to see how this thing transports and work on getting the logistics down , I have no idea what the plans look like. I will keep you informed of the progress on this. A lot of Brill's magic Illusions came from an old Vaudville magician's handbook he had, so don't know how old this illusion is., and if it can be worked under modern conditions, ( minus, stage trap doors , not many of those around anymore)etc) or not. Thanks Todd!

"Ragtime" Rod Pringle
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2443 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
Self-working disappearing piano: get an apartment in New York and leave the door unlocked.
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2907 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
Yes, I've had many people say, "Would you play After You've Gone?" and they don't mean the song. I usually reply with no, but I do know I'll Be Glad When You're Dead, You Rascal You!

I will be interested to find out how practical that illusion is. There is a Brill plan I am interested in. It is a shadow illusion. A girl steps behind a dressing screen. A light behind the screen clearly defines her silhouette. She undresses, and as she removes the last stich of clothing, the screen falls and a gorilla comes running out. This would be a fun illusion to do at a burlesque show, wouldn't it? I'll have to contact Mickey Hades and see if they have it.

Todd

Quote:
On 2009-07-30 10:05, Rod Pringle wrote:
HAHAHAHA yes, Todd Sometimes I am told to GO OVER BY THE WINDOW AND I'LL HELP YOU OUT. hahaha OR PLAY FAR FAR AWAY!hahaha I wss thinking of working this illusion in at the end of my act, playing the last tune of the show and then vanishing completly with the piano? Then come walking down the isle from the back of the theater to take the final bow.

I am just framing the idea right now, I have to see how this thing transports and work on getting the logistics down , I have no idea what the plans look like. I will keep you informed of the progress on this. A lot of Brill's magic Illusions came from an old Vaudville magician's handbook he had, so don't know how old this illusion is., and if it can be worked under modern conditions, ( minus, stage trap doors , not many of those around anymore)etc) or not. Thanks Todd!

"Ragtime" Rod Pringle
Rod Pringle
View Profile
Special user
543 Posts

Profile of Rod Pringle
HAHAHA ROSS YOU ARE HILARIOUS HAHAHA

Todd:
I think it was called The Lady's Budour it was in Brill's Bible of plans. I have the girl to Gorilla Illusion plans if you need them. I have the old semi trailer plans and the theme park permanent plans. Yes, Try Micky for the lady's budour plans, He has all kinds of great books, plans and magical items.

ROD
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2907 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
Nah, that don't work no more. Thieves in the NYC are getting too soft. They would rather boost light weight jack like computers, cell phones and video games. They'd probably steal the apartment and leave the piano.

Todd

Quote:
On 2009-07-30 11:23, rossmacrae wrote:
Self-working disappearing piano: get an apartment in New York and leave the door unlocked.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Looking for Brill's Disapearing Piano Plans (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL