The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Las Vegas bizarre magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10571 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Hi gang,

I'll be in Sin City 13-16 of August... any good magic shops or dark magic performances to go see? No, not Sig, Roy and maneating tiger... and in terms of shops... I mean cool weirdo "stuff"/junk/antique/vintage shops?
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Clifford the Red
View Profile
Inner circle
LA, California
1931 Posts

Profile of Clifford the Red
Well you need to go to Denny Magic Shop for the goods, maybe Houdini Magic Shop in Caesar's Shops for a peek at a couple of Houdiana but the rest seem to be a waste of time. As far as odd places, there is the Atomic Museum, the Desert Museum, the Pinball museum, and the Imperial Auto Museum. These antique places look cool

http://www.yelp.com/c/lasvegas/antiques

Are you going to visit Jeff?
"The universe is full of magical things, waiting for our wits to grow sharper." Eden Philpotts
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10571 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Thanks Clifford!

As for Jeff... I aim to try!
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
corsufle
View Profile
Loyal user
202 Posts

Profile of corsufle
Second vote for Houdini Magic Shop exhibit. I mean, I wouldn't make a special trip just for that, but as long as you are on the strip it is interesting to see some actual manacles that Houdini escaped from and other similar artifacts.
Who is the Fool with the guitar?
Find out at HobbyhorseMusic.com
Balaram
View Profile
Special user
903 Posts

Profile of Balaram
Kevin Burke at the Fitzgerald--stand-up comedy with mentalism in the middle. And yes, it works!
Gordon
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
692 Posts

Profile of Gordon
The magic shop at the Riveria is often overlooked by magicians because it appeals to the general public, but it actually has a good stock and browsing the shelves will be a walk down memory lane.
kaytracy
View Profile
Inner circle
Central California
1793 Posts

Profile of kaytracy
Boy, last year I was cruising for antique shops and found one, over on Flamingo I think it was, somewhat east ( by a few blocks) of the Liberace museum, sorry I do not recall the name, but it was pretty big, and had a lot of interesting things....
Looking in the google maps, I think it was called The Antique Mall, and it is on Flamingo. Give yourself some time for this one, it is pretty big.

Also the Atomic energy museum is great fun- being a former rad tech, I enjoyed it!
If you like outdoor stuff and have time, I suggest a drive up to Valley of Fire to see the petroglyphs- These are the first known to show the use of the Atlatl in N.A., as well as where part of the location for Generations was shot. If you continue through you come out in a nice wetland area where Wayne Newton (used to ) have his horse ranch, and there is a fine little native museum there. At least an hour drive north of Vegas, so plan on at least half the day, though it's not as far as to Area 51 though! You really have to want to go see the area, cause it is the most boring drive I have ever taken, and I have driven Highway 50 to Utah!
There is a lovely wildlife refuge on the way, nice and green, but still....ugh.
Kay and Tory
www.Bizarremagick.com
Balaram
View Profile
Special user
903 Posts

Profile of Balaram
The Valley of Fire--filming location for--The Beastmaster!
The drive might be dull, but this place is fantastic with beautiful red rock formations and hiking. Do take GPS and lots of water if you hike. Well worth the hour drive to see the petroglyphs, early human art--and some of the carvings are-odd...
Mago Gregorio
View Profile
Elite user
Paris, France
473 Posts

Profile of Mago Gregorio
Best magic shop : Denny & Lee, no contest !
A really magical funny place ? Go to Liberace Museum !
Smile Smile Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Las Vegas bizarre magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL