The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Oh to have an easy life ! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of Kondini
A few weeks ago I attended an auction held at Newcastle. There were over 500 lots of magic, side show and showground props, from backdrops to mobile stages, banners to fire -brands.

Outbid on many of the items, a trailer of interest caught my eye, but as to how to use it escaped me at the time.

Many years ago I purchased a mobile UB stall unit which took the toll of assembly other than side sheets and stock display out of the equasion. At that time it was everything a demonstrator or slum seller could wish for but doing multi gigs rather than just selling put the unit to waste, so it got sold on.

Back to the auction.

This "Lambert" unit was on a reserve of £3800 as all lots were for dispertion.
It never made its price but got sold on the side for £3500 to a private buyer.

Three weeks on at a show in Nottingham, who should roll onto the site but a small saloon car towing this boxed Lambert !

Within an hour the little box on wheels had transformed into a 14ft show unit for performance use,a 7ft slum stall and a zibbit show as well !!!

I am still kicking myself for this missed opportunity.

DETAILS.
Made in Germany by Lambert Trailers, the whole set up on a single axel measures approx 5ft x 4ft x 4ft deep. All self locking sides with nothing loose to add or take away.

You position the unit at the centre of your show position. Level both ways,this done with the caravan jacks which have been pre fitted, unlock the doors, open the belly boxes (Yes it has 2 huge ones for stock) Take out a handle and insert into a shaft, turn, then as if by magic the whole thing opens out like the petals of a flower and lifts upwards at the same time to your desored hieght.

You now have a three sectioned unit with optional table space. The first section to the left, covers the towbar and gives a 5ft frontage, the middle section gives a further 5ft frontage and the rear section a further 4ft frontage.

So with a backdrop banner to cover the front and centre sections to give a performance backdrop (All you have to do is roll it up between shows in order to display a 10ft slum stall which is all set out with its goodies !. The rear section,acts as the zibbit entrance (Put banners as per Dougs instructions) The peeps walk though this section to view the zibb so giveing a seperate part to the whole unit.

Each or all of the sections can be worked by one person on their own or all at the same time.

The units when new, come in 3 sizes, the middle size I think is best.

UK supplies are Zapp from Chippenham. Total costings around £8000 include, sidesheets, corner poles, spare wheel and wieghts.

Well worth the price. Set up and breakdown time is minimal.Can be towed by a small car so transport costs are slashed. No guy ropes or stakes to drive and as its biult on a trailer will not blow away. When not in use all locks for security, all stock, props, sound system and banners plus the zibb will travel in the belly boxes or the centre box section which will hold a further 5ft x 4ft x 4ft of storage space.

I gotta get one.

PS I understand they are pretty rare over here so if you locate one, don`t buy it, send me the details !!! So I can check it out for you !! First !.

Age is making me lazy.

Ken.
Rick West
View Profile
Loyal user
Texas
243 Posts

Profile of Rick West
It sounds like an interesting piece of show equipment.
Look luck with your search.
"Never let the truth stand in the way of a good jackpot"

"You say things sometimes, you don't know what the hell you mean. But you're sincere when you say it." Bob Dylan
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Zibit? They had a Zibit?
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Yep,,, a Higg Zibb !!
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
No freakin' way!!! haha. You fibbin'? Who was it?
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of Kondini
A showman out of retirement who had one of the Royals via the Charity Auction ! Remember ? Yep, I forgot all about it as well. Came as a shock and he did very well with it as well.
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Haha. Naturally you didn't take a snap?
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of Kondini
No snap,,,but he bought me a Dunkie Doughnut,,,,ATom Worm ok.
Rod Pringle
View Profile
Special user
543 Posts

Profile of Rod Pringle
Hey Ken:

I gotta have one of these units for my Zibbb. This sounds like the perfect trailer. Any lambert Dealers in the usa?

ROD
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Dunno Rod,,,but there is a pain in the @ss showman who is causing our planned trip grief right now and he is based in the US !!! Seems to like cr@p publicity and tarring everyone with the same lable !

Ken.
Rod Pringle
View Profile
Special user
543 Posts

Profile of Rod Pringle
Hello ken:

Hey that's a bummer. I was looking forward to seeing your show here in the US. Hope all can be smoothed over with the showman you mentioned. , and the tour can still become a reality.

keep us posted.

All the best!

ROD
Stephon
View Profile
Special user
Maryland, USA
911 Posts

Profile of Stephon
Ken, when were you planning on coming over? We can hope that things will have cooled by then.
~Les S. Moore, The Dapper Dipper
Swami Yomahmi and Cheeky Monkey Sideshow

"Comedy is a man in trouble." ~Bill Irwin
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of Kondini
A run of work for Organs, Sideshows and performers has been set up for Belgium, Holland and parts of Germany,,,,sort of cultural exchange thing sponsored by business men in all the countries.

The same was set for the US with sponsors in place. Meeting arranged at the Newyorker Hotel NYC has been postponed as the main sponsor has pulled out. It looks as though the others will follow suit.

This came through last week as a huge shock, reasons why???? Something to do with bad press and the association of a business with bad press in this day and age is financial suicide.

Sponsorship to the rate of $20,000 has been dropped so far.

The Europe trip is on.
I got called in as an advisor, only, Im not involved with the finance or set up.The whole thing arose from the Heritage Tom Norman weekend.

If any of you in the US can drill down to it,,,,fill me in,,,please.

Ken.
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of Kondini
To those of you who pm`d me re the Lambert,,,my advert has found a total of two. Please re contact me if still interested will pass the details on to you.Lost my messages!!! Yep Im an idiot.

Ken.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Oh to have an easy life ! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL