The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Impossi-Bill Braid (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3149 Posts

Profile of gaddy
It's a new routine by Robert Neale. I'm thinking this routine has HUGE potential in a street performance setting. Think about it --you're holding up, and waving around a dollar bill, in full view, for almost 2 minutes straight -and at the end you give away an "impossible object" as a souvenir to some lucky audience member!

Not a bad way to kill 2 minutes, eh?

Right now I'm only in the stages of practice, but I suspect this will soon be one of my opening, "crowd-building" effects!

Comments?
*due to The Magic Cafe's editorial policies, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Sounds interesting. I'll have to check it out.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Maloney
View Profile
Special user
Newfoundland, Canada
709 Posts

Profile of Maloney
Cool idea. I'll go check it out also.
The Magic and Illusion of Jordan Maloney
"Experience the Unexplainable"

www.jordanmaloney.com

Go check it out!
montyfox
View Profile
New user
Illinois
1 Post

Profile of montyfox
Anyone have this yet? How about a review?
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3149 Posts

Profile of gaddy
It's OK. It's not earth-shaking. It's a neat little puzzle, but I have not been able to sell this as "magic". Maybe you can -I haven't been able to, nor have I really tried.

I've bumped it out of my close up repertoire because it was not getting the sorts of responses I've been looking for, but I have a few ideas about doing this very quickly AFTER such effects as Hundred Dollar Bill Sw****, and H**** 500 as a little money give-away.

I am still working with it as a Tip Bally in my street performance act. And it's been working OK in that regard. It's got a lot of things going for it here. I've got a speckie standing around waving a bill around (good comical plot, and interest building), I've got plenty of time during the routine to chat up my building crowd, and it even gives me the opportunity to pass out a "Free Gift" before my show even starts. Not bad for a few folds and tears in a borrowed bill...

I'm keeping it.
*due to The Magic Cafe's editorial policies, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
Jason Shapiro
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of Jason Shapiro
I checked it out also. I think I enjoy it more than those who see it done. Satisfying to complete and look at for myself yet no one has been "astonished" by it. def. more of a puzzle thus far . I think maybe tearing a bill into thirds fully, braiding it and than "re-sealing" the ends or end should give it more of what it needs to be magic rather than oragami. easy adjustment to be able to accomplish that I think. It will get used here and there by me. overall I'm glad I know how to fold it.
gman
View Profile
Special user
Lancaster, pa
751 Posts

Profile of gman
It's looks ok but you could use the bunny bill.
Skotster
View Profile
Regular user
Belle Vernon, Pennsylvania
109 Posts

Profile of Skotster
I don't use it on the street, but I prefold a bunch of them and use them in a bill switch. seems to add the impact I want from it more so than folding it in plain sight.
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3149 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Quick update on this:

Obviously, a lot of the "real work" of this bit is in the presentation, and the "gifting" of the object when you're done folding it. I found a really inexpensive option for the transparent currency envelopes that Mr. Neale suggests returning the bill to the owner in. I now use the little polypropylene card sleeves that baseball card collectors use to store their cards.

Two of these, wedged together, fits a braided bill perfectly -with enough room to slip in your business card -or- little "hand-out slip" that Mr. Neale suggests, without it seeming too crowded.
Those plastic currency envelopes are expensive, but I've found the card sleeves online for as little as 1/2 cent per unit, if you buy in quantities or 1000 or more. I know they can be had for less than that even..

Wrecking someone else's money really holds the attention of a crowd. Even a measly one dollar bill. Everyone wants to stick around to see what the heck you're doing to that poor man's hard earned money...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Impossi-Bill Braid (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL