The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » What PS3 game are you currently playing? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
kid iowa
View Profile
Loyal user
Oklahoma
300 Posts

Profile of kid iowa
Awesome, thanks Voldemort!
Any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile...can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction, "I served in the United States Navy." J.F.K.
WagsterMagic
View Profile
Special user
Myrtle Beach, SC
639 Posts

Profile of WagsterMagic
Modern Warfare! Mostly just online though.
The Wagsters: World Class Magic & Illusion
www.wagstermagic.com
Voldemort
View Profile
Special user
Florida
562 Posts

Profile of Voldemort
Quote:
On 2009-09-17 11:21, kid iowa wrote:
Awesome, thanks Voldemort!

Not a problem!!

I'm actually playing Little Big Planet right now as well. Cute little game, Lots of fun and my son and myself can play it together.

The level creation thing is almost daunting theres so much that you can do.
"Flight from death"
Buy the WILD AT HEART e-book to help Rachael Columbini here: http://www.lybrary.com/wild-heart-p-76110.html
Dirko
View Profile
Loyal user
Michigan
295 Posts

Profile of Dirko
NHL 10 is great. If you are a hockey fan it is a must have.
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1875 Posts

Profile of kcg5
Operation flashpoint comes out soon ( a strategy based FPS), forza 3 and modern warfare 2. Gonna be a busy couple of months
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!

"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
Voldemort
View Profile
Special user
Florida
562 Posts

Profile of Voldemort
Uncharted 2 in a few days! Its been getting great reveiws from IGN and others.

Can't wait!!
"Flight from death"
Buy the WILD AT HEART e-book to help Rachael Columbini here: http://www.lybrary.com/wild-heart-p-76110.html
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3079 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
OK, let's just say--hypothetically--that I've decided it would be stupid to buy a PS3 to use on my old TV. Flatscreen, wide-screen, LCD, here we come! Hypothetically.

Now, is HD-ready good enough? Or MUST I absolutely without question cough up the extra coin for a full HD TV. Remember that I don't watch television. I only watch DVDs. When I get the PS3, I will be using that, too.

HD-ready or full HD?

Hypothetically.
Dirko
View Profile
Loyal user
Michigan
295 Posts

Profile of Dirko
Just got brutal legend. If you are a jack black fan this is a must have.
Voldemort
View Profile
Special user
Florida
562 Posts

Profile of Voldemort
Quote:
On 2009-10-10 10:43, stoneunhinged wrote:
OK, let's just say--hypothetically--that I've decided it would be stupid to buy a PS3 to use on my old TV. Flatscreen, wide-screen, LCD, here we come! Hypothetically.

Now, is HD-ready good enough? Or MUST I absolutely without question cough up the extra coin for a full HD TV. Remember that I don't watch television. I only watch DVDs. When I get the PS3, I will be using that, too.

HD-ready or full HD?

Hypothetically.

Hypothetically, I'd go full HD my friend. If that is, You want the best picture possible.

No, You don't absolutly have to have full HD. But for the best the your new system and TV could give you I'd go with Full HD.
"Flight from death"
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3079 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
HELP!

Got the TV, and need to buy the PS3 soon. The problem is that here in Germany they just started offering bundles with a 250G PS3.

So is the 250G worth a little extra money? Or is it something I won't ever use unless I download stuff from the Internet. Does it enhance performance in any way whatsoever that I would ever notice?

I do not ever plan to use the PS3 with the Internet.

I'd like to know rather quickly because there is a local store offering a bundle this week only with the best price I've seen so far for exactly what my son wants.
mvmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Has written
1305 Posts

Profile of mvmagic
Quote:
I do not ever plan to use the PS3 with the Internet.

Now that's what I thought when we got PS3...was very serious about it. I couldn't resist...its very addictive and fun!

Currently playing Uncharted 2 Smile
Sent from my Typewriter
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2732 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
What's offered on the PS3 over the Internet?
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3079 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
And why is a bigger hard drive better?
MAKMagic
View Profile
Special user
I got banned for one of my
555 Posts

Profile of MAKMagic
Quote:
On 2009-11-30 12:04, ed rhodes wrote:

EVERYTHING. You can use it as a puter and browse if you like. You can download movies and tv shows. You can download games. Additions to games (levels, extras, updates etc) and ONLINE Gameplay of course(free).
.:Michael Kelley
<BR>www.RandomActsofEntertainment.com
On the Level, By the Square
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1875 Posts

Profile of kcg5
Mike, you speak as if you own one... is this true?
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!

"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
MAKMagic
View Profile
Special user
555 Posts

Profile of MAKMagic
Nay - however I'm well versed in their operations and capabilities. Fam and Friends own them and I have borrowed them while they on Military AD before.

See my birthday post down the list for my ping on presents.
Voldemort
View Profile
Special user
Florida
562 Posts

Profile of Voldemort
Quote:
On 2009-11-30 13:54, MAKMagic wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-11-30 12:04, ed rhodes wrote:

EVERYTHING. You can use it as a puter and browse if you like. You can download movies and tv shows. You can download games. Additions to games (levels, extras, updates etc) and ONLINE Gameplay of course(free).

They do have a pretty good browser.

The old ones could have an operating system installed (Linux or equivalent) if you wanted to do so. The new models can not. Not a big deal unless you really wanted that feature. And since it doesn't have that feature anymore, I'm guessing not many did.

The bigger hard drive is better if you plan on downloading games and/or movies from PSN. Which sort of answers one of your questions. You can download games, downloadable content for games that you already have to expand them, and movies using the internet and there is online multi player as well. There are also quite a few applications available like facebook and such. Heck I can order a Pappa John's pizza online using my PS3. (Not sure why the hell I'd want to But....) I'd just go ahead and get the 250GB model if you can find a good deal on it. You will have plenty of storage that way.

Myself I bought a 120GB model and shoved a 320GB hard drive into it. I'm good to go.
"Flight from death"
MAKMagic
View Profile
Special user
555 Posts

Profile of MAKMagic
Quote:
On 2009-12-01 13:31, Voldemort wrote:

Myself I bought a 120GB model and shoved a 320GB hard drive into it. I'm good to go.

That kind of sounds dirty
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4205 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Currently playing Borderlands
Voldemort
View Profile
Special user
Florida
562 Posts

Profile of Voldemort
Quote:
On 2009-12-01 13:46, MAKMagic wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-12-01 13:31, Voldemort wrote:

That kind of sounds dirty

;)
"Flight from death"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » What PS3 game are you currently playing? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL