The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Copperfield Bay? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
trey
View Profile
Loyal user
288 Posts

Profile of trey
What is this article about in the newest issue of Magic? It says Copperfield Bay....

Trey
BarryFernelius
View Profile
Inner circle
Still learning, even though I've made
2531 Posts

Profile of BarryFernelius
It probably has something to do with this: http://www.mushacay.com/
"To achieve great things, two things are needed: a plan and not quite enough time."

-Leonard Bernstein
trey
View Profile
Loyal user
288 Posts

Profile of trey
Is he going to move there or something?

Trey
BarryFernelius
View Profile
Inner circle
Still learning, even though I've made
2531 Posts

Profile of BarryFernelius
For only $37,500.00 per DAY*, you and eleven of your closest friends can enjoy all of the amenities of David's own private islands in the Bahamas. A bargain!

*Includes all food and beverages but doesn't include the 7% room tax, international calls, gratuities, fireworks shows, etc.
"To achieve great things, two things are needed: a plan and not quite enough time."

-Leonard Bernstein
MagicMichealMan
View Profile
Veteran user
Vancouver Island, British Columbia
349 Posts

Profile of MagicMichealMan
Are you auctually serious? He owns these? and who in the world would spend $37,500.00 a NIGHT to stay there! I mean its beautiful...but for that much money he should be serving as a personal slave for the people that stay there.

Magic mike
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
He's actually owned these islands for many years. He's not been very secretive about it either.
trey
View Profile
Loyal user
288 Posts

Profile of trey
I have known about the islands for some time. I was wondering what does the cover story in Magic talks about?

Trey
Jay Jennings
View Profile
Loyal user
Scottsdale, AZ
230 Posts

Profile of Jay Jennings
Yeah, isn't it weird to find out there's a world out there where people spend a NIGHT what others make in a year?

There's rich, and then there's rich. Only the latter can stay at Copperfield Bay.

Jay Jennings
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17429 Posts

Profile of Slim King
A little more than $3,000 per person isn't totally crazy for something you'll never forget is it?
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Voldemort
View Profile
Special user
Florida
562 Posts

Profile of Voldemort
If I had $3000.00 I'd sit up all night and watch it.
"Flight from death"
Buy the WILD AT HEART e-book to help Rachael Columbini here: http://www.lybrary.com/wild-heart-p-76110.html
Michael Dustman
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
1143 Posts

Profile of Michael Dustman
Whatever the extra cost is for Chris Kenner to take you on a Pirate Treasure Hunt as an added cost feature would totally be worth it.
magicnewswire
View Profile
Inner circle
1946 Posts

Profile of magicnewswire
Necker Island is another such "private resort" that is owned by Sir Richard Branson which is regularly rented by celebs for family and group getaways. It houses up to 26 people and includes access to all amenities as well as food and drink all for the low low price of $51000 per night!

Here's a satellite view via Google Maps: http://bit.ly/3r2KBY

Here is a similar photo of Musha Cay at Copperfield Bay : http://bit.ly/y2g6f

Here's the link to the promo material for Musha Cay in case you want to book a weekend: http://www.mushacay.com/

DC bought the Island for $50 Million in the late 1990's and there were several stories reporting that he claimed to have discovered the mythical "Fountain of Youth" there.
Dodd Vickers

Host/Producer/Editor

The Magic Newswire

Twitter

iTunes Link
RobertSmith
View Profile
Veteran user
331 Posts

Profile of RobertSmith
Quote:
On 2009-07-28 01:11, MagicMichealMan wrote:
Are you auctually serious? He owns these? and who in the world would spend $37,500.00 a NIGHT to stay there! I mean its beautiful...but for that much money he should be serving as a personal slave for the people that stay there.

Magic mike

It's an exclusive resort. So to answer your question - people who spend that much money are folks who can A) afford it and B) have discriminating taste and C) Value their privacy and will spend money to guarantee it.

Obviously "corporate" magicians who charge $150/show aren't prospective clients, right? Smile
Maloney
View Profile
Special user
Newfoundland, Canada
709 Posts

Profile of Maloney
I wouldn't say anywhere for $37,000, rich or not.
The Magic and Illusion of Jordan Maloney
"Experience the Unexplainable"

www.jordanmaloney.com

Go check it out!
Rich B.
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia
632 Posts

Profile of Rich B.
The Magic magazine article states that DC purchased the main island and 10 small surrounding islands in 2006 after long negotiations.

Rich B.
magicnewswire
View Profile
Inner circle
1946 Posts

Profile of magicnewswire
I read that, but there are numerous stories in the news archive talking about his purchase as early as 2000.
Dodd Vickers

Host/Producer/Editor

The Magic Newswire

Twitter

iTunes Link
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2867 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
You are welcome to stay at my house for only a 10th of what Cooperfield charges ($3,700 per night is my rate). And I live only 40 minutes away from Abbott's. See you soon!
magicnewswire
View Profile
Inner circle
1946 Posts

Profile of magicnewswire
Quote:
On 2009-07-28 17:18, MagicBus wrote:
You are welcome to stay at my house for only a 10th of what Cooperfield charges ($3,700 per night is my rate). And I live only 40 minutes away from Abbott's. See you soon!

Does that includes rooms for 26, food and beverage with cooks on call, vehicle rentals, boats, pool access etc?

We should all pull together for the next Get Together.
Dodd Vickers

Host/Producer/Editor

The Magic Newswire

Twitter

iTunes Link
Maloney
View Profile
Special user
Newfoundland, Canada
709 Posts

Profile of Maloney
I thought I heard that on the news before 2006.
The Magic and Illusion of Jordan Maloney
"Experience the Unexplainable"

www.jordanmaloney.com

Go check it out!
MagicMichealMan
View Profile
Veteran user
Vancouver Island, British Columbia
349 Posts

Profile of MagicMichealMan
That's just amazing, someone who can treat magic as such a huge bussiness and life success. I wanna hate him, but just can't.

Magic Mike
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Copperfield Bay? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL