The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » T&R Bill source (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

J_C
View Profile
New user
Manchester, UK
59 Posts

Profile of J_C
I've been searching through this place and other boards for a torn and restored bill.

I've heard of a couple, but the one I am really interested in is the one Greg Wilson performed on his video 'On The Spot'.
Does anyone know where I can find the handling he uses?

Thanks for any help
Dave Le Fevre
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1645 Posts

Profile of Dave Le Fevre
On the Spot doesn't include a T&R.

And without trying to sound like a know-all, there are two different guys - Greg Wilson and Gregory Wilson, and On the Spot is by Gregory Wilson. (I made the same mistake, until someone corrected it.)

And without trying to sound supercilious, if you want to know how to do something that's on a marketed video, you really ought to buy that video.

There now, I've managed to sound both supercilious and a know-all, without wishing to do either.

Dave
The Ozzy Osbourne of the 34x27
J_C
View Profile
New user
Manchester, UK
59 Posts

Profile of J_C
Dave, I have the video. By your post I'm assuming that you don't.

Firstly, I'll admit I'm wrong about the Greg/Gregory thing.

I do own On The Spot, and on the performance section you can see him do a torn and restored bill effect, but he never mentions it in the explanation section.
Dave Le Fevre
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1645 Posts

Profile of Dave Le Fevre
I do have the video. But I was sure that it taught no T&R. So I checked a review of it before posting.

Now I understand why you asked the question - he does the T&R incidentally, and doesn't teach it.

I'll check it out. I don't remember it - I was so overwhelmed by his performance in general that it no doubt passed me by.

The Greg/Gregory thing was just a piece of information. On another site, everybody (including me) kept referring to Gregory W as Greg W. And someone pointed out our mistake. So I just thought I'd share that piece of info with you, that's all.

Dave
Dave Le Fevre
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1645 Posts

Profile of Dave Le Fevre
After misunderstanding your initial post, I felt that I should at least check out the T&R on On the Spot.

I started hunting for it, but I didn't find it. Roughly whereabouts on the tapes is it?

Dave
J_C
View Profile
New user
Manchester, UK
59 Posts

Profile of J_C
It was on the pick-pocket section. He did it for 3 guys at a bar and also he did it about a minute before he took a womans sunglasses which was quite entertaining.

I've actually bought Hugard's Money Magic which is a book on magic with bills. On the impromptu section there's a torn and restored bill effect which has the moves I was looking to do the fake tear.

Thanks for your help though Dave.
Geoff Williams
View Profile
Special user
St. Pete Beach, FL
617 Posts

Profile of Geoff Williams
Mullica has a great T&R Bill routine in his book ("Showtime At The Tom Foolery") and on the Stevens video.

It's torn to shreds as a gag but isn't exactly restored. It just keeps showing up later (in a mousetrap, bill snatcher, etc.).

The switch/tear is a beautiful handling.
"Saját légpárnás tele van angolnák."

(Hungarian for "My hovercraft is full of eels")
Dave Le Fevre
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1645 Posts

Profile of Dave Le Fevre
Thanks J_C. I found it and watched it. The audible "tear" really enhances what is otherwise a simple illusion, making it very effective.

Hoodwink and Knepper's T&R #1 both use the same audible "tear", though it seems to work even better on a note, especially in Wilson's hands.

Dave
J_C
View Profile
New user
Manchester, UK
59 Posts

Profile of J_C
Thanks for that guys, I'll look into them both.

Cheers
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » T&R Bill source (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL