The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » LIAM MONTIER'S 'ANIMAL BANDS' - BOOKLET & RUBBER BANDS (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
The talented Mr. Montier is at it again!

http://www.bigblindmediausa.com/animalbandsusa.htm

The ad:

Animal Bands is a collection of effects and routines using some very special rubber bands.

It includes a full colour booklet, two full length routines, a collection of crazy ideas and a bag of 12 specially made rubber bands.

Imagine being able to… produce rabbits, elephants and giraffes in closeup!

Reveal predictions in a new and offbeat way.

Twist animal shapes out of elastic bands instead of balloons. And more!

With these amazing little props (that take up virtually NO pocket space), you’ll soon be coming up with your OWN routines.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
baou1986
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of baou1986
I will not get this man stuff after watch his The Wicked World of Liam Montier video,,it is terrible .
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1800 Posts

Profile of JamieD
Wicked world was a wicked set of Dvd's but only the tip of the iceburg. Liam's magic is very cool, simple and slick. Check out his effect Superstition.

Jamie Daws
TORCE - VMRS - DARK SERIES
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
Rpascual
View Profile
Special user
USA
668 Posts

Profile of Rpascual
I don't get it, are they rubberbands that you can make shapes out of?
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1800 Posts

Profile of JamieD
They are PreShaped bands Rpascual. When your stretch them, they look like normal bands. slowely loosen them stretch and they visably morph into an animal. It's a very cool effect. Liam has a similar effect called Landmark which uses famous landmarks around the worlds and the same sort of bands in the shape of landmarks.

Best

Jamie
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
davidpeters
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of davidpeters
We will have these available soon too so you can get it at your favorite magic store world wide.

Rubber bands are coming in many shapes these days.
these are animals
you can also get hearts, stars and more!
Darius666
View Profile
Veteran user
London
368 Posts

Profile of Darius666
I have one of the animal bands booklets from Blackpool. Really good ideas and I use it a lot in my restaurant work. his Wicked world DVd was great, as have been all his DVD's.
Paul Romhany
View Profile
V.I.P.
Canada
800 Posts

Profile of Paul Romhany
Hi all
I should chip in here as he has RIPPED OFF MY version!!! Over a year and a half ago I released internationally a routine called Animal Bands (the SAME name) using the exact same rubber bands. I don't mind somebody coming out with different ideas but to use the EXACT same name of my DVD that was sold worlwide just doesn't make any sense. The only thing I can think is that this guy did NOT do any research to see that my version by the same name was released a long time ago.
This upsets me when these young guys start doing this type of thing. There is no respect for many anymore and it really upsets me. I see why so many of the older pros tell me they will never release any of their pet routines - simply to have it ripped off.

I don't have this young kids email so haven't been able to contact him personally but have been in touch with Murphys who wholesale it and also Big Blind Media to let them know about what has happened.

Note - my version comes with a DVD and the rubber bands. If you are going to take my ideas then PLEASE at least give me *** credit!!

My version has sold in almost every country including over 500 in the UK alone. This has been on going for the past year and has been a big seller for me. To have somebody take income from me like this is unthinkable and serious act is going to be taken.
Paul Romhany
"life is like a movie ... you write your own ending" - Kermit the Frog

http://www.paulromhanymagic.com

http://www.paulromhany.com
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Perhaps Paul and Liam can be put in touch with each other and communicate in private and come and report to us a resolution.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Paul,

I know Liam pretty well. The last thing he is is a thief. He is a very creative magician who is also very well versed in magic. I think this is simply a mistake. I don't think he was aware of your dvd. Frankly, I had a hard time finding it. It's only sold in one store here in the US (Hocus Pocus) . The title is the same but I doubt he stole the content. To imply that he stole your idea and your title is jumping the gun a bit.

It sounds like you put one routine on the dvd. Liam's booklet contains several routines (how many I don't know as I don't have the book). If any of his routines are similar to yours, I don't know. I suppose we'll find out soon enough, though.

Why not talk to Liam about this first before posting in a nasty way on the Café? I'm sure this could have been resolved privately. I still hope it is.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Nico Zottos
View Profile
Elite user
486 Posts

Profile of Nico Zottos
The booklet contains 6 routines with additional Notes and Ideas. I too searched the DVD and could not find it. Liam is also not the only one to put out ideas with these bands. There has been a more recent product called Animal Sense that was released by Alan Wong I believe. The only difference there is it comes with printed animal cards. Also, Liam isn't just coming out with this. This has been available for a long time through his website. But it is for you and him to work out. I really don't think Liam would have not credited you if he knew that your product even existed.
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
I remember your dvd coming out. I also remember sending details of it to liam as I already had his anaimals manuscript. I think hes beat you to it mate

Alan
Voldemort
View Profile
Special user
Florida
562 Posts

Profile of Voldemort
I don't know where you guys are searching at but, I just googled "Paul Romhany animal bands" and a whole page of results came up including Paul's website.

Sounds like just an oversite to me. But I have to admit it was not to hard to find it.
"Flight from death"
Buy the WILD AT HEART e-book to help Rachael Columbini here: http://www.lybrary.com/wild-heart-p-76110.html
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1800 Posts

Profile of JamieD
I living in the UK have never come across the dvd in question. I've shopped at the Four largest shops in the UK including Davenports, International and MagicCave and have never com across the DVD. Liam has had this in the works for quite some time and sent me the book a long time before it was released.

If anything it was a misunderstanding. Liam is not one to "rip people off". I think it is the wrong way to go around the situation by shouting of on the Café. It's incredibly unfair to Liam.

Best,

Jamie Daws
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
Darius666
View Profile
Veteran user
London
368 Posts

Profile of Darius666
Yes Comedy. Liam released an older version of this a couple of years ago so maybe it is you that should do your research before accusing someone of being a thief.
Liam Montier
View Profile
Loyal user
297 Posts

Profile of Liam Montier
Thanks to everyone for posting and supporting me here.

I hope people can understand my frustration at having to read Paul Romhany's post, when I had this on sale first. All that rubbish about youngsters not having respect for creators, when his DVD came out AFTER my original product.

Alan sent me the link to Pauls DVD when it came out - I didn't email him about his product because I had no problem with it being on the market. In fact, Big Blind Media (who have re-released my original booklet) even held theirs off the market so we weren't competing with Alan Wong and Paul.

Therefore, it strikes me as an outrage to then claim that I stole his routine in a rambling, disrespectful post on a public forum.

Liam.
Paul Romhany
View Profile
V.I.P.
Canada
800 Posts

Profile of Paul Romhany
Liam, I apologise for jumping the gun here. I did try and contact you via Blnd Media but they did not answer my email which fueled my anger.
I am very protective about the material I release and my DVD and bands have been a big selling item for me since I released it. You can imagine my shock when I see Animal Bands on magic sites.
I toured with this in 2004 during my lectures and sold it as notes until finally putting it out on DVD a year and a half ago. Alan Wong contacted me to let me know he was producing his version.

I was wrong in being hot headed and I for that I am sorry.

Regards
Paul Romhany
"life is like a movie ... you write your own ending" - Kermit the Frog

http://www.paulromhanymagic.com

http://www.paulromhany.com
John Carey
View Profile
V.I.P.
1057 Posts

Profile of John Carey
Animals with rubber bands? The mind boggles.....
StarGazer
View Profile
New user
Hong Kong
48 Posts

Profile of StarGazer
Hi guys,

Great minds think alike! I believe Paul, Liam and me all see the instant potentials for magic with the animal rubber bands when they came out on the market many years ago created by Japanese designers yumiko ohashi & masanori haneda. It has been around for over 10 years in Asia and a novelty item in most office supply stores.

The timing and naming coincidences would be indeed a big misdirection where we were all fooled by ourselves. Last year my Magic Doodle Pen came out 2 weeks before Matthew Bich's Exile and I had no idea he had this item. The effect is 95% the same and we use totally different pens and chemicals. Good that mine came out first otherwise people will surely think I copied his trick.
Last month I have released my Souvenir Linking LoverBands 2 months after Paul Harris' Souvenir Linking Rubberbands. Paul and I actually came up with the same idea and succeeded in producing the permanently linked bands at the same time. Except mine are hearts and his are USA #19 normal bands. We have shaken hands and agreed not to compete head to head and I waited a few months to release mine with Paul's support and his expert advice. We can all go for win-win. My SLL is selling very well on its own and so is Paul's.

I respect and have bought both Liam and Paul's work and enjoy them. I am glad this forum provides a magical space to clarify facts and seek understanding and build relationships so we can all advance together.

BTW, there was another thread about someone claiming as original creator of my 1999 invention Stargazer. I hope it is another misunderstanding too.

Alan
If you cannot win, make the one ahead of you break the record.
MagicMan1957
View Profile
Inner circle
1445 Posts

Profile of MagicMan1957
I really like the thicker bands used for the animal shaped bands. I do not think these are made of rubber but some other material. Do they also make the star shape out of this same type of material?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » LIAM MONTIER'S 'ANIMAL BANDS' - BOOKLET & RUBBER BANDS (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL