The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » LIAM MONTIER'S 'ANIMAL BANDS' - BOOKLET & RUBBER BANDS (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Nico Zottos
View Profile
Elite user
486 Posts

Profile of Nico Zottos
No the other shaped bands are made from normal rubber. . .The only problem I have with the material is if your chubby like me, you cant put them around your wrist or they snap haha!
Salby
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1146 Posts

Profile of Salby
Any other ideas with these?

The ideas that are included with the package are NOT anything to gawk about at all. For instance, one effect incorporates the aged-old effect with "No gray elephants in Denmark" and the rubber band becomes an Elephant... Nothing earth-shattering Smile

In fact, I think the effects are all terrible.

I bought them because I do rubber band magic and feel that there is strong potential with these... I'm sure there are.

I love the STARGAZER effect (NOT in this package) where you twist the rubber band into a "Star" and then the rubber band forms the shape of a star permanently.

I thought, perhaps, he would show a trick or 2 that you can twist a rubber band into an animal and then the rubber band becomes that animal permanently... I'd be so lucky.

So does anyone have ideas with these rubber bands??
You know how to make God laugh?........... Tell him your plans!!!
Liam Montier
View Profile
Loyal user
294 Posts

Profile of Liam Montier
Hi Salby,

I think you should try some of the routines out, I use the non-maths version of the Denmark trick pretty much constantly. I find that revealing the shape of the band in either the Denmark or the Pet Modelling routine to be killer, as it is so unexpected.

The advertising blurb is pretty clear anyway, but just to let folks know and avoid confusion, all the routines are very straight-forward, and have, for me at least, been great. There is nothing like Alan Wong's Stargazer included - simply because that's Alan Wong's idea (and a STORMER at that).

I've also had some wicked contributions for ideas with the Animal Bands, and at some point a bonus PDF for owners of the original booklet will be available as well - I'll keep you folks updated on that.

Be cool,

Liam.
DanGarrett
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta, GA
169 Posts

Profile of DanGarrett
Liam, Paul Romhany, Alan Wong and all,
There are many minds thinking alike with such a great prop as a set of animal-shaped rubber bands. Almost 10 years ago, my friend in Atlanta, Gary Vaughn, came up with a fabulous routine using these rubber bands, and offered the routine to me to market and publish. I was planning to market the routine under the name of "ZOOdle" but as things happen, with trouble sourcing the bands and animal cards in mass quantities, I put it on the back burner. Now I've been burned, as it's too late to market this effect. And I had to tell poor Gary that I had now seen effects with the animal bands on the market. Gary has no claim on being the first to come up with an effect (great effect) with the animal bands, other than my word that he did.
It was a wonderful close-up mental effect for kids, which in itself is very rare, that restaurant workers would love. You need a set of animal cards with cartoons (or even photos) of animals. A rolled-up parchment held with a rubber band is your 'prediction.' Any force of the animal card and the parchment is unrolled. It's blank, but the shape of the rubber band is the prediction. What makes this really wonderful is that it can be performed for very young kids (who can't understand card tricks) and there is NO language barrier at all. I have no idea if this is similar to any of Paul's or Liam's ideas or not. You'll have to let me know.
As with the heat-sensitive ink pens and other things that come on the market as novel items... well, when they inspire magicians to think of magical effects with them, we have to expect inevitable duplication of thinking...
Just my thought...
Dan Garrett
www.dangarrettmagic.com
SAM National President 1994-1995
MIMC with Gold Star - London
email request to dangarrett@aol.com to receive a free catalog
DanGarrett
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta, GA
169 Posts

Profile of DanGarrett
Oh, I never tried the 'Gray Elephants in Denmark' on ANYONE, because the first time I tried it for my wife, she thought of an ELK!
Dan Garrett
www.dangarrettmagic.com
DanGarrett
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta, GA
169 Posts

Profile of DanGarrett
Liam, Paul Romhany, Alan Wong and all,
There are many minds thinking alike with such a great prop as a set of animal-shaped rubber bands. Almost 10 years ago, my friend in Atlanta, Gary Vaughn, came up with a fabulous routine using these rubber bands, and offered the routine to me to market and publish. I was planning to market the routine under the name of "ZOOdle" but as things happen, with trouble sourcing the bands and animal cards in mass quantities, I put it on the back burner. Now I've been burned, as it's too late to market this effect. And I had to tell poor Gary that I had now seen effects with the animal bands on the market. Gary has no claim on being the first to come up with an effect (great effect) with the animal bands, other than my word that he did.
It was a wonderful close-up mental effect for kids, which in itself is very rare, that restaurant workers would love. You need a set of animal cards with cartoons (or even photos) of animals. A rolled-up parchment held with a rubber band is your 'prediction.' Any force of the animal card and the parchment is unrolled. It's blank, but the shape of the rubber band is the prediction. What makes this really wonderful is that it can be performed for very young kids (who can't understand card tricks) and there is NO language barrier at all. I have no idea if this is similar to any of Paul's or Liam's ideas or not. You'll have to let me know.
As with the heat-sensitive ink pens and other things that come on the market as novel items... well, when they inspire magicians to think of magical effects with them, we have to expect inevitable duplication of thinking...
Just my thought...
Dan Garrett
www.dangarrettmagic.com
DanGarrett
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta, GA
169 Posts

Profile of DanGarrett
Sorry about the 'double send' above. It was inadvertent. It wouldn't have happened if not for the Café site's silly policy of locking out the use of its search engine after 1 search. Doh!
Dan Garrett
www.dangarrettmagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » LIAM MONTIER'S 'ANIMAL BANDS' - BOOKLET & RUBBER BANDS (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL