The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Interesting Raven applications (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Houdini103126
View Profile
Elite user
407 Posts

Profile of Houdini103126
I was just wondering what interesting RAVEN applications you all have devised or know of? The Raven either gets bashed or it is loved, either way, maybe you guy's can shed some light on this...

Houdini 10-31-26 Smile
Clarence
View Profile
Regular user
Singapore, City Central, Scotts Road
146 Posts

Profile of Clarence
The Raven is actually pretty good.

Most people bash the raven because of the irritating setup that you have to do before you can use it.

LOL!
robin_martin
View Profile
New user
London, UK
74 Posts

Profile of robin_martin
Hmm, opening locker doors!
The secret of the mind is the secret of the self.
http://www.robin-martin.com/photorecall.html
TheMasterMystifier
View Profile
New user
Atlanta Georgia
11 Posts

Profile of TheMasterMystifier
I love the Raven...in the cooler months when you have to wear a jacket or long sleeved shirt or sweater. I cannot use it in the summer with short sleeves. I cannot find a good setup that conceals it. Any suggestions?

Frank
Houdini103126
View Profile
Elite user
407 Posts

Profile of Houdini103126
Yeah, I think the Raven is pretty cool myself. Just wondering more about any interesting usages for it not covered in the documentation. Like opening "Locker Doors", lol, that's a great one. People bash it often because it is a whole lot of setup for a simple coin vanish. I say nonsense, you can do so much more with it, it really is a cool piece. This is why I am curious of any new applications someone may have conspired. I also have the universal Raven which is very cool as well...

Houdini 10-31-26 Smile
TheMasterMystifier
View Profile
New user
Atlanta Georgia
11 Posts

Check out the M5. I have it. If you want power, that is where it is.

Frank
prescott
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of prescott
Yeah I just got a raven. Mine came with a nickel shell and a mini nickel. Are there different things you can make vanish. I was using a Canadian coin because it is magnetic. I start with that, then people question me. I ask for a quater. Do a simple sleight to get my gimmicked quater in there. And watch out. What an effect.
Magic Happens
TheMasterMystifier
View Profile
New user
Atlanta Georgia
11 Posts

You can also purchase a metal shimmed quarter. They are great because they can actually be examined. I like the Canadian coins but they "plunk" when you retrieve them. Consider spending ten to twenty dollars for a shim.

Frank
gforster
View Profile
Regular user
californian living in wisconsin
136 Posts

Profile of gforster
try using the raven to open a root beer bottle. pre-open it, so that nobody notices then vanish the cap with the raven - great reactions!
EVENTVS STVLTORVM MAGISTER
devilsmagic
View Profile
New user
scotland
76 Posts

Profile of devilsmagic
STOP TIME:
If the person is wearing an analog (with hands and not lcd) watch, have the raven set to go and hold the wrist close to the watch and wow time will stop, then take your hand away, let the raven go and your hands are clean

CARD VANISH:
Vanish a card, credit card, room key by palming a magnetic coin under the card in your hand, sandwich the other hand on top(with the raven ready) rub and wala the card is gone

SILLY FLOAT:
Shime a card as before with the coin and then place your other hand on top and start to lift as the spectator is looking down on the card it looks like it's floating, then take the card with the other hand and the raven will pull the coin away leaving your hands clean exept for the card. Note the card can be signed

THINK OUTSIDE OF THE BOX PEOPLE
Maky
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

Profile of Maky
Quote:
CARD VANISH:
credit card...

I do not recommend this. Raven or anything like that + credit card = no more credit card. Wiped clean. (Well, not always, but it's a big risk.)
Houdini103126
View Profile
Elite user
407 Posts

Profile of Houdini103126
Totally agree, I would never chance it with a credit card. M***** and Credit cards have been fighting each other for years, even though it's not much of a fight Smile

Houdini 10-31-26 Smile
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4570 Posts

Profile of Payne
I use my raven for holding important notes and memos to my refrigerator.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
indianajones
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of indianajones
I'm sure I started a topic like this a while back. Someone posted a great joke but you need fast legs. Also involving credit cards.
devilsmagic
View Profile
New user
scotland
76 Posts

Profile of devilsmagic
It all depends. I've done this with credit cards (including my own) many times and had no problems but if you don't want to do it with credit cards do it with bank notes and playing cards, etc. Just think, man, and stealing credit cards is wrong.
indianajones
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of indianajones
Not stealing but magnetizing the cards can ruin it.
VampOfVegas
View Profile
New user
Las Vegas, NV
56 Posts

Profile of VampOfVegas
I'd keep the Raven or Mico 5 away from any credit card or TV screens. But if you can use some other type of card like a business card, it would work well too. Specially if you can steal it and put it in their pocket.
-=:Va(v)p:=-
devilsmagic
View Profile
New user
scotland
76 Posts

Profile of devilsmagic
As I said, card/credit card but just think. You shouldn't need others to tell you effects you can do with it. Just try to think about things you want to do and apply it to them.

I used it to get into a club lol!!! I know it sounds weird, but the club uses little keyring passes which work on m****** to open the door. I said to the bouncer, "I bet I can get in just by waving my hand over it." (Raven steps in) and hey presto the door was open! The bouncer was astounded and it looked great.
Sean Irvine
View Profile
New user
N.Ire UK/Ireland
55 Posts

Profile of Sean Irvine
Quote:
On 2003-06-01 12:25, Houdini103126 wrote:
Yeah, I think the Raven is pretty cool myself. Just wondering more about any interesting usages for it not covered in the documentation. Like opening "Locker Doors", lol, that's a great one. People bash it often because it is a whole lot of setup for a simple coin vanish. I say nonsense, you can do so much more with it, it really is a cool piece. This is why I am curious of any new applications someone may have conspired. I also have the universal Raven which is very cool as well...

Houdini 10-31-26 Smile

Hey Smile
I noticed you said you have the normal and universal ravens. I'm gonna get one of them. But before I do, is it possible to perform the disappearing coin routine with the Universal one?
:thanx:

Just to let use no, I got this problem sorted out.

Thnx MagiCat Smile
--------------
Sean Irvine
([8^v>

"If the world didnt suck we'd all fall off"
tattoo
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of tattoo
Rig the Raven, put a card of some type between tne Raven and your palm. Vanish a coin and appear a card in it's place
magic makes you smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Interesting Raven applications (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL