The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Criss Angel vs. David Blaine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Sean Irvine
View Profile
New user
N.Ire UK/Ireland
55 Posts

Profile of Sean Irvine
Hey there. Newcomer here Smile

David Blaine I say. He has revoloutionised the world of magic with his tricks and his unbelievable indurance stunts.

PS: I heard Blaine is doing his next 'stunt' in London. Does anyone know much about this - I really need to know.
--------------
Sean Irvine
([8^v>

"If the world didnt suck we'd all fall off"
Plato986
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of Plato986
Angel all the way, he's like.."look at me, I'm cccrraazzzy!" check out the magic..BLAM
-Plato986 (that's me)
Viper42
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of Viper42
Has criss Angel been on TV in the U.S. ?
I haven't seen him yet. Smile
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2109 Posts

Profile of marko
Quote:
David Blaine I say. He has revoloutionised the world of magic with his tricks and his unbelievable indurance stunts.

His tricks cetainly didn't revolutionize magic as they were created by other magicians and have been performed for decades before. His stunts did not revolutionize magic, because they were not magic. They were stunts. His persona is what has revolutionized magic.

Quote:
Angel all the way, he's like.."look at me, I'm cccrraazzzy!" check out the magic..BLAM

Funny, that's the same reason I don't care for Angel.

Quote:
Has criss Angel been on TV in the U.S. ?

Yes, I recall seeing him on the "Science Of Magic" special hosted by Harry Anderson. If you watch enough magic specials on TLC, he pops up sometimes.
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
Bone
View Profile
Loyal user
Totally lost...
264 Posts

Profile of Bone
Marko is right, always right.

Blaine's style is revolutionary. The non-magic man.

Bone.
Email: bone@boneho.com

myspace.com/boneho
youtube.com/boneho
twitter.com/boneho
facebook.com/boneho

Official Website:
www.boneho.com
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2003-06-02 15:02, magic 12376 wrote:
Respectfully, Blaine set nothing in motion other than the idea that you could actually make a television special as a street performer. Street magic has been around for centuries. Blaine simply had the good sense to capitalize on it.

Ronald R. Romiski

While street magic was around for centuries, in America it pretty much disappeared for quite awhile. It wasn't until the 70's that a silent magician dressed in black began performing in Central Park and re-vitalized street magic. And I'll be ***** if I can remember he name!

Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
Mago Mai
View Profile
Elite user
Venezuela
485 Posts

Profile of Mago Mai
Mandrakeo1:

His last name is Sheridan. He has a great book on street magic.

Mago Mai
I invite all of you to share some of my magic on videos.Please, CLICK HERE
chrisM
View Profile
Loyal user
219 Posts

Profile of chrisM
I think since Blaine started it and he became the mdeias king of street magic and not to mention i think his material is better. I would vote Blaine. Why do people hate him so much? Im just wondering not defending. Smile
MagicDiva
View Profile
New user
Philadelphia
43 Posts

Profile of MagicDiva
I think they both deserve respect in the magic community. They are good at what they do and no one deserves more credit over the other. They both probably worked very hard to achieve their goals and I say more power to them. Smile
laidback
View Profile
New user
NJ
51 Posts

Profile of laidback
Quote:
On 2003-06-03 12:48, financedragon wrote:
I think both are very good. But I think it is like comparing apples to oranges.

Apples are better! ;o)

I think I only saw Chris Angel once on a special and I thought he was really good. I think he turned a napkin into a mouse, if I remember correctly. Is that his only TV appearance?

I like Blaine and the way he's inspired people to get into magic, but I can do without the stunts.
Anabelle
View Profile
Special user
951 Posts

Profile of Anabelle
I like Blaine.

Anabelle Smile
Alexander the Magician
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of Alexander the Magician
Angel has some great stage stuff, nothing incredibly original, but quite a show.

On the street (strolling, whatever you want to call it) I think Angel is trying to hard to be like Blaine. Sure he does different effects, but his persona is ( to me ) almost identical. Don't get me wrong, I love it, (its how they would act if they were doing the real thing, and that's good) but overall I think Blaine has done more to popularize magic.
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2109 Posts

Profile of marko
Oh man, I just thought of something funny (to me anyway). I remember a spot on The Science Of Magic special (the segment on Misdirection) where Chris Angel, peering off into space, says "Webster's Dictionary defines Misdirection... as the act of directing wrongly." Whoa, thanks for the enlightenment, Chris! LOL! He sounded really profound when he said it too. Smile
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
djvirtualreality
View Profile
Inner circle
MayfieldNew York
1347 Posts

Profile of djvirtualreality
I would have to say Blaine is better, because I have never seen Chris perform (didn't catch his special.)
Life is an illusion, death is reality.
daminfell
View Profile
New user
VA
51 Posts

Profile of daminfell
These guys are both great magicians . I would have to pick Criss Angel over David Blaine solely on style. I'd like to see his Mindfreak show. Has anyone seen it? What are some thoughts on it?
..::damienfell::..
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18028 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I just met Criss Angel at Universal Studio's shooting his new special for Sci-Fi airing on Halloween. He seems very nice and I don't think that he scares anyone off in this day and age. Besides, people are lining up to be on TV. It's not like either one of them ( Blaine or Angel)is just walking down the street performing miracles and a cameraman just happens to be there too........ It's SHOW BIZ !!!!!!
Dave
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Matt Ferro
View Profile
Regular user
Minnesota
128 Posts

Profile of Matt Ferro
They are both skilled preformers who work really hard and practice hours and hours as do all magicians. (hopefully) And I admire how far they have gotten and hope to see great things from both in the near future.
Don't practice till you can do it right, Practice till you can't do it wrong...
Scott Grimm
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago
141 Posts

Profile of Scott Grimm
Angel was not imitating Blaine, he was challenging him.

I read in several interviews that the two do not have a lot of love for each other. I personaly think that Angel is far more creative and a master performance artist.

Blaine is an exelent street performer but not a legend by any means. The most I will give him is he is a marketing and pubicity genius. But on stage, I do think he would be less than impressive.

Don't get me wrong, he can bond with people on a personal level wonderfuly! However he does give me the impression that he has all the charm and personality of a sea turtle. Not to mention he openly states his dislike of theatrical illusionists.

Criss is a great artist but his gimmick is a little scary to people on the street. For both of thier specialties they are at the top of their game. But they do need to try and stay away from each other!
Faith is at the heart of all magic.
Heavens to Mercitroids
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of Heavens to Mercitroids
My vote is for Blaine.
When it's my time to shine.....The whole world is going blind.....From the Shiesty side of town.....Where a nickle costs a dime!
Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
I haven't seen Angel, but from the clips on his site...

Angel wins.
http://www.crissangel.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Criss Angel vs. David Blaine (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL