The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Eye hooks...Nippulini? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1726 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
Nips-
Can you make eye hooks? Had someone asking about them on another forum and told them you might be able to make them.
Let me know!
Gwyd
Martin_Ling
View Profile
Loyal user
269 Posts

Profile of Martin_Ling
Hey Gwyd, I sent you a PM about this.
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2589 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
Gwyd, Martin sent you a PM about this.
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
Danny Borneo
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of Danny Borneo
Gwyd, Nipps just told you that Martin sent you a PM about this.
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2894 Posts

Profile of dpe666
Gwyd, did you get the PM that Martin_Ling sent you? Smile
Chance
View Profile
Inner circle
1385 Posts

Profile of Chance
No, I did! Gwyd, did you get my forwarding of Martins PM that Nipps, Danny and 666 have asked you about?
gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1726 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
Yes...Yes I did...Thanks Chance. Forwarding you a PM now...
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
2589 Posts

My PM box is full
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
Rick West
View Profile
Loyal user
Texas
243 Posts

Profile of Rick West
Nipps...your PM box is full...
"Never let the truth stand in the way of a good jackpot"

"You say things sometimes, you don't know what the hell you mean. But you're sincere when you say it." Bob Dylan
gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1726 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
My PM box is full of nipps...Weird.
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
I have nipps.
Blog:
http://www.bloudermilk.blogspot.com
View Profile
Inner circle
2589 Posts

My wife may have a say about that possessive statement.

Just for the record, the eye hooks I made for Martin were custom made... in my BASEMENT! As a body piercer I can tell you that no two body parts are exactly alike, ocular sockets even more so. I custom fitted Martins hooks little by little until it was right. So anyone who's asking, tell them it's NOT an off-the-shelf item.

On a side note, this act is quite old and there is a proper method. I am not privvy to such information, it's just that there are proper channels one should look in to before adding it to an act.

Funny, I can't do blockhead, sword swallowing or eye hooking but I make d4mn good stuff!
Danny Borneo
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of Danny Borneo
Quote:
On 2009-07-31 20:18, thegreatnippulini wrote:
...On a side note, this act is quite old and there is a proper method. I am not privvy to such information, it's just that there are proper channels one should look in to before adding it to an act...

...I make d4mn good stuff!

Couldn't agree more, on both notes.
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5112 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Let us clarify an historical point.

The old method used gaffed hooks, as all participants in this discussion know. That version was last used in the 40s and 50s, according to Ward Hall. I have no reason to doubt Ward. He also says that I'm the first to do it, since then. Again, I believe him. Ward's knowledge of the last 70 years of sideshow history, is impeccable.

I came up with the currently popular method, after a couple of years, designing and constructing, building generations of equipment, none of which did what I wanted. I even had a version where my eyeball popped out, and rolled across the stage. The next to last generation of equipment, has been emulated worldwide. I've taught three people: Ses, Doc Swan, and Danny.

Nobody else has asked me if it was OK to "use" my material or designs. Only one of the latter group bothers to give credit. I even know of a couple of folks who say they invented it. I can trace their chain of knowledge, the players who are their links.

Now that I've mentioned the eyeball in public forum, it'll be fun to see how long it'll take for that to appear in a couple of folks acts. But at least give me credit.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
Martin_Ling
View Profile
Loyal user
269 Posts

Profile of Martin_Ling
Harley, I was under the impression that I had your approval to perform the act, I did not learn it from you but I have always given you credit.

I would sooner not perform an act, than to be known as "that guy", so I will not continue performing it.

Again, my appologies.
Chance
View Profile
Inner circle
1385 Posts

Profile of Chance
Why not just book some time with Harley and learn his bits firsthand? No more hurt feelings on either side, Harley gets paid, Nipps gets more fabrication work, and you get to keep something you thought was cool enough to include in your act in the first place.
Danny Borneo
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of Danny Borneo
If I'm not mistaken I don't believe Harley was referring to Martin in particular. At this point I think it's best to leave the discussion to PMs or leave it be before tone starts to be read into posts. Everyone has made their opinions clear on where they stand.
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5112 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
I wasn't referring to Martin. I've heard nothing but good things about him, and his request for my permission was relayed thru Danny. I said yes. I just didn't teach him. I apologize for the miscommunication.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
Chance
View Profile
Inner circle
1385 Posts

Profile of Chance
Wow, weird. How did this thread go from funny to 'leave it be' in the course of 2 hours?
Danny Borneo
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of Danny Borneo
So this family walks into to a talent agent and says "Do we have an act for you..."

Yeah there's no way this one is going to pass Café censorship, oh well there was my attempt at bringing the funny back Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Eye hooks...Nippulini? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.27 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL