The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Greg Wilson's Pointless (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
The Wizard , The Legend 162,885,947,3659,
1695 Posts

Profile of Legendary Wizard
Quote:
On Aug 29, 2014, Harry the magic man wrote:
It's worth it. When I got it from his website they accidentally shipped me exact change but I sent it back because the pointless routine was so good. It is one of my favorite seemingly impromptu routines. Although I bought it right before I switched to mentalism but it still is fun to do one pseudo hypnotism phase with it.
Best wishes,
Harry

Thank you for the advice . I like a man full of integrity Smile . Anyways I presume what is worth is the versatility of this . Performing it at an off beat is what I am hitting for .
" Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one " ...

- Albert Einstein
ricklaxmagic
View Profile
Special user
West Bloomfield, Michigan
690 Posts

Profile of ricklaxmagic
Hey Café!

Came up with a couple new presentations of POINTLESS, which you can look at here, if you've got 2 minutes to kill:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBvcSTG-......aixedsgg

And that is all.

-Rick
Harry the magic man
View Profile
Loyal user
Spokane, Washington
270 Posts

Profile of Harry the magic man
Thank you rick. I quite enjoyed your presentation ideas.
Best wishes,
Harry
Between the conception
And the creation
Between the emotion
And the response
Falls the Shadow
Life is very long- T.S. Eliot "The Hollow Men"
Genie Gene
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Genie Gene
Quote:
On Aug 30, 2014, ricklaxmagic wrote:
Hey Café!

Came up with a couple new presentations of POINTLESS, which you can look at here, if you've got 2 minutes to kill:

And that is all.

-Rick

Are you wearing rouge?
tobajer
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of tobajer
Nice video Rick, but I will stick to Gregory's presentation Smile
ComposerCopenhagen
View Profile
Regular user
127 Posts

Profile of ComposerCopenhagen
Quote:
On Aug 30, 2014, ricklaxmagic wrote:
Hey Café!

And that is all.

-Rick

explanations..! Smile
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1695 Posts

I got fooled when I was watching it for the first time . Such beautiful handling . Smile

- Albert Einstein
ricklaxmagic
View Profile
Special user
690 Posts

Profile of ricklaxmagic
Quote:
On Aug 31, 2014, tobajer wrote:
Nice video Rick, but I will stick to Gregory's presentation Smile

Fair enough.
ricklaxmagic
View Profile
Special user
690 Posts

Profile of ricklaxmagic
Quote:
On Aug 31, 2014, Magician560 wrote:
I got fooled when I was watching it for the first time . Such beautiful handling . Smile

Score!
I always respect when people say they're fooled. I watch enough magic now where I get fooled more and more. Last night was hanging out with Blake Vogt who fooled me with a simple card trick. Love that feeling.
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1695 Posts

Yeap . Going back to a layman again .

- Albert Einstein
ricklaxmagic
View Profile
Special user
690 Posts

Profile of ricklaxmagic
Quote:
On Aug 31, 2014, Magician560 wrote:
Yeap . Going back to a layman again .

Results?
Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1907 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
I've been doing magic for 45 years, and I get fooled all the time.
greig ewen
View Profile
Elite user
473 Posts

Profile of greig ewen
I bought this several years ago, but recently misplaced my pen, anyone know if Greg sells the pens separately ,or any magic dealers? I already have the dvd.

Thanks in advances,
Greig.
Doug Arden
View Profile
Special user
886 Posts

Profile of Doug Arden
Quote:
On Feb 3, 2015, greig ewen wrote:
I bought this several years ago, but recently misplaced my pen, anyone know if Greg sells the pens separately ,or any magic dealers? I already have the dvd.

Thanks in advances,
Greig.

Greg did sell the pens separately at one time ( I bought a couple), but best to check directly with him. I'm not aware of any dealers that sell just the pens.
ruzifa
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of ruzifa
Quote:
On Feb 3, 2015, Doug Arden wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 3, 2015, greig ewen wrote:

Thanks in advances,
Greig.

Greg did sell the pens separately at one time ( I bought a couple), but best to check directly with him. I'm not aware of any dealers that sell just the pens.

You can get it from his website. Costs $30. Here's the link: http://thesecretsource.com/index.php?mai......cts_id=6

I second that it's one of the most awesome impromptu close-up effects. Hope this helps! Smile
Magic By Manny
View Profile
New user
Minneapolis, Minnesota
6 Posts

Profile of Magic By Manny
Hello fellow magic friends! I've been a fan of pen magic for several years. Isn't it fun?!

Reading all past posts up to this point I've read several comments on how the Pointless pen does not work well (nor is it recommended) for a "bill thru" effect. However, I'm also hearing conflicting information on this.

Question: has the product been 'updated' since it first came out? Or is it still the same? I don't have Pointless (yet) and am trying to understand if it will or will not be ideal for a bill thru. I read in this thread that someone mentioned Magick Balay presented a handling of Pointless that WOULD work for a bill-thru effect but I'm curious as to if this was on the same version of Pointless that exists today or if Pointless has indeed been updated over the years since its first release to be more "bill-thru compatible".

Any feedback on this particular thought would be greatly appreciated! Smile
bluesmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of bluesmagic
I bought it 2 times when it first came out and about 2 years after that and I still have these pens (but one without the gimmick which I lost). I didn't see any updates since so I presume it's still the same. Personally I would do a bill through with it even if the gimmick is a little rounded at the base which is not the best but it works. For better info I suggest you contact Greg on his website.
glennn
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of glennn
Seeing this post reminded me of this effect... have had it for years, but haven't used it for a long time... but it really is a lot of fun for impromptu use... I'll have to get mine out again and practice up. This is a great little prop for a reasonable price.
Neznarf
View Profile
Inner circle
NY then AZ now
1840 Posts

Profile of Neznarf
Just watched instructional DVD and GW says not for PTB.

I am guessing it's the same as the original.

When GW did it at his lecture here, he referred to it as his upgrade trick,

GW says it's his upgrade trick for renting a car. He performs this with his
special patter and they upgrade him to a better car for the same price.

DVD says it's 5 moves for the routine.

Pretty Cool trick and FUN to do.
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Magic By Manny
View Profile
New user
Minneapolis, Minnesota
6 Posts

Profile of Magic By Manny
Thanks, everyone! I am a bit deflated to hear that it's not really recommended for PTB, but oh well. Knowing Greg as well as seeing the reviews I'm sure the pen is still worth carrying for the Pointless routine alone. It just would have been nice to 'double up' on using it for PTB as well since it'd be one less extra prop to have to carry. I'm still on a journey to find the best Pen-Thru-Bill effect (and I know there are several past threads that have discussed this at length so I don't mean to hijack this one by making it a PTB discussion). I also really enjoy the Electronic Rating Pen patter (penny-to-dime) and was thinking of potentially using this pen for all three effects. With all that being said, I'll end up ordering Pointless anyway. I met Greg at the Penguin Magic Expo a few years back near Minneapolis and it was a real pleasure talking shop & getting a picture taken with him. I brought along my 2-VHS Tape set of On The Spot for him to sign. Yes, I said VHS. Smile

Thank you all for your replies thus far. I'm new to this forum as an active user but have browsed the Magic Café for years and have been an active magician for the past 20+ years. Glad to be here!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Greg Wilson's Pointless (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL