The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » The DBSD from Paul Brook (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jay Are
View Profile
Inner circle
4188 Posts

Profile of Jay Are
New effect from mr brook...

http://www.paulbrook.co.uk/heknows/dbs.htm

what a great utility item -- mr brook already has my wheels spinning with possibilities. The ebook as a continuosly growing resource will also be invaluable.

VERY cool concept Paul.

J
xxx
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
I agree this is a great idea and I cant belive the price.
This is one of those utility items with endless posabilitys.

Daren
Twitter @darjames
numizmata
View Profile
New user
Budapest
63 Posts

Profile of numizmata
Its possible to use to Max Maven's Mind's Eye Deck?
eSamuels
View Profile
Inner circle
3091 Posts

Profile of eSamuels
Mind`s Eye Deck uses a different principle. However this could easily be adapted into a drawing duplication deck. But as there are many available options for accomplishing a drawing or design dup, I think there are more devious ideas for this deck.

I`ve ordered mine, and received the ebook almost immediately from Paul (deck`s in the mail). Have yet to read it in full, but it is extensive (and to reiterate Daren`s post - great value for the money).

BTW, is it just me, or have others had problems using the Mind`s Eye Deck because of the nature of the material (cards clinging together).
numizmata
View Profile
New user
Budapest
63 Posts

Profile of numizmata
If the DBSD is a blank Svengali deck, in my opinion its can be use to Minds eye deck, if you know the symbol system.

sorry for my poor english
eSamuels
View Profile
Inner circle
3091 Posts

Profile of eSamuels
No need to apologize for your English, numizmata, I couldn't even speak a word of Magyar (did I even get that right?)!

But unless I'm missing something I don't understand why you would want to modify a Mind's Eye Deck principle that allows for any card to be selected, to what is essentially a single-force system.
numizmata
View Profile
New user
Budapest
63 Posts

Profile of numizmata
Thanks Eric. I am always envy to the american and british turist's children, becouse they speak fluently english Smile

You are misunderstand me. I don't like modify the principle, just the mene tekel principle, and the Svengali principle is same (except to the printing). So if you draw the correct symbols on the correct cards, you get a MED.
This is a low cost solution....
Paul Carnazzo
View Profile
Inner circle
1135 Posts

Profile of Paul Carnazzo
The DBSD can be used in for the minds eye deck, as this is exactly what is required to construct the ME deck. for the ME deck its not a single force, but a ranging force... and the purpose of using a SD is to reveal certain bits of info before you turn around and before you know what card they pick.

so numizmata... this IS what you are looking for to construct your own deck ala the videomind tapes.
remember....always use your powers for good!

http://www.mentalvoyage.com
eSamuels
View Profile
Inner circle
3091 Posts

Profile of eSamuels
Ah, now the proverbial light bulb has gone off!

Thanks...my mistake (memory's not what it once was)!
will4gzus
View Profile
Loyal user
285 Posts

Profile of will4gzus
Already headed over to the site to hit the buy button. Looks like yet another winner from the mind of Mr. Brook
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18816 Posts

Profile of IAIN
They are very nicely made, paul gave me a couple of them the last time I visited - I'm looking forward to reading the ebook over the weekend...
I've asked to be banned
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1939 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
I had been using Padgali for some time, but Paul has sourced better card stock, and it is nice he has done a book of effects and routines as well. Great price from the man who knows..................
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3344 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
I just placed my order, this has many possibilities!
Celloboy
View Profile
Special user
London, England
533 Posts

Profile of Celloboy
Ordered mine. Am very excited. Been making my own blank Svengali decks for ages with filecards but they always end up ruined after one performance, and aren't great to handle. Paul always makes great products, so I am excited about this!
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Profile of Anthony Jacquin
First he sells me a broken lock and now blank bits of card. Genius Smile

Can't wait to get these, no doubt the PDF will be full of good ideas and fine details. Like Celloboy I have made them myself in the past and they have never quite been up to par.

Anthony
Anthony Jacquin

Reality is Plastic! The Art of Impromptu Hypnosis
Updated for 2016

Now on Kindle and Audible!
Paul Brook
View Profile
Special user
UK
667 Posts

Profile of Paul Brook
Just to let y'all know that I have had some amazing contributions for Svengali deck effects. After the effects have been edited and placed into the PDF I will email you all.

Equally, if anyone has an idea to contribute, please drop me a PM or email and I will be more than happy to place it in the PDF.

Greg Arce has got some amazing ideas, and I am sure you will all love them.

Cheers,

-Paul
PAUL BROOK

He Knows Shop - All of my mentalism books, PDFs and props Smile

Certified Mentalism A beautifully illustrated hardback book full of real world mentalism Smile

FREE MENTALISM Free hard-hitting effects, routines and methods, just a click away Smile
Paul Brook
View Profile
Special user
UK
667 Posts

Profile of Paul Brook
For those that have purchased the deck, the first eBook update is now complete, which includes an extra 10 effects. As mentioned before, amazing ideas from Greg Arce, yet another contribution from Dale Shrimpton, and an effect from Tony McElroy.

To recieve the new eBook please go to the download link you were sent when you purchased the deck and re-download the eBook.*

Excitingly, I think that this release has sparked the interest of a number of you as I have had a pile of effects hit my inbox. It will take me some time to work read my way through them, but rest assured that the eBook will keep growing and growing.

Anyone who buys a deck (or more than one Smile ) will get access to the eBook and will always have access as it fills with more wonderful effects.

If you have a routine/effect that you would like included, please email me at paulbrook@paulbrook.co.uk

Cheers,

-Paul

*If you keep getting the old eBook, refresh the download page before downloading.
PAUL BROOK

He Knows Shop - All of my mentalism books, PDFs and props Smile

Certified Mentalism A beautifully illustrated hardback book full of real world mentalism Smile

FREE MENTALISM Free hard-hitting effects, routines and methods, just a click away Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » The DBSD from Paul Brook (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL