The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Blue Room/Pepper's Ghost Illusion (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
snap
View Profile
Loyal user
New York, USA
218 Posts

Profile of snap
Does anyone know where one could purchase the Blue Room Illusion or a Pepper's Ghost Illusion? How practical is it to travel with?
**--snap--**
Dreadnought
View Profile
Special user
Athens, Georgia
836 Posts

Profile of Dreadnought
A Blue Room is not quite the same as Pepper's Ghost, close but not the same.
I have a Pepper's Ghost Illusion that I made and use for Halloween shows. It is not the easiest thing to transport. But it is a crowd pleaser.

Whether or not someone commercially sells one or the other, I do not know. I would suggest maybe looking at a special effects dealer especially one that deals with stage effects.
Peace

"Ave Maria gratia plena Dominus tecum..."

Scott

Would you do anything for the person you love?
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Dennis Michael
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
I have a couple of effects that use the Pepper's Ghost principle: The Wizards' Journal #4 has "Ghost Box" in which just the head is involved, and The Wizards' Journal #13 has "Eisenheim's Ghost" which, as in the movie "The Illusionist," works with just the upper body or torso.

A strange alternative to the Pepper's Ghost principle is used in The Wizards' Journal #3 with "Fade In - Fade Out" which makes an entire person appear or disappear... slowly. If you have full control of stage lighting, it can be a delightful experience to behold.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
Ray Pierce
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2527 Posts

Profile of Ray Pierce
Quote:
On 2009-07-30 23:31, snap wrote:
Does anyone know where one could purchase the Blue Room Illusion or a Pepper's Ghost Illusion? How practical is it to travel with?

Well... let's start by saying "Not at all!" The Blue Room was recreated by Jim Steinmeyer and John Gaughan for the Conference of Magical History about 6 years ago and was amazing but took days to set up and tune. It uses a one of a kind gaff that as custom made and not at all easy to reproduce.

"Pepper's Ghost" tends to be a catch all for any one of a number of reflectivity/transperency illusions. It is used for many Disney Attractions and in other fixed installations but is a very difficult depending on the size of the effect.

Harbin's "Invisible Man" is an attempt to make the illusion practical but is still a big and heavy piece.

If you're really interested, John Gaughan has all the work on many versions of this effect or many other illusion builders could build some version of a Pepper's Ghost effect as well. Just make sure that hey have real experience in doing optical effects. Look for someone that has actually constructed something like this before. It is very specialized and demands specific skills.
Ray Pierce
<BR>www.HollywoodAerialArts.com
Eldon
View Profile
Inner circle
Virden, IL
1134 Posts

Profile of Eldon
This is a little off subject, but if you want to see a great Peppers Ghost visit the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Museum in Springfield, IL.
Dark Knight
View Profile
Loyal user
My troops are stationed at
272 Posts

Profile of Dark Knight
I'm looking for partially and gradually silvered glass/mirrors. Does anyone know where I could find them?

Thanks,
DK
Banester
View Profile
Special user
669 Posts

Profile of Banester
Knight do you have a glass shop in your area? I would check with them first.
The art of a magician is to create wonder.
If we live with a sense of wonder, our lives
become filled with joy
-Doug Henning-
reedrc
View Profile
Inner circle
1358 Posts

Profile of reedrc
Be prepared to spend $$
Kind Regards

Ryan C. Reed
Founder, Illusion Entertainment

designer, director, theatrical consultant, digital wizard, magic impresario, wonder aficionado, Illusioneer & dream architect.

Instagram
Facebook
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22900 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
We had a silvering shop in our town, it is now out of business as he retired. His son did not want to continue the business. They made mirrors from scratch. A Silversmith is what you are looking for in getting custom mirrors made.
Fabricem
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Profile of Fabricem
I remember few years ago a great version of Pepper's ghost ( or may be was a blue room ???I forget) from the great Hands of Mr. Craig Dickens,
the prop was quite small and I don't tink really more expensive than any other illusions,
but ask directly to Mr. Dickens,
thanks.
Fabricem
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Profile of Fabricem
Anyway there are many versions ( bigger or not expensive and not expensive compared to other illusions)on this idea,
I think many builders can do this ask ask ak ask,
especially ask to the big name of buiders !
Amusementman
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of Amusementman
You may want to look into some other illusions to travel with. As "Ray Pierce" they are not at all easy to travel with or even setup. They're best used in a permanent location where you have absolute control over the lighting and point of view of the audience. Maybe if you scaled it down it could be "easier" to transport.
reedrc
View Profile
Inner circle
1358 Posts

Profile of reedrc
You can order a back copy the Blue Room Copy of Magic or Genii (dont remember which one it was) But it shows the full workings. THIS IS NOT A SMALL SET UP. Getting the glassworks right will cost a small fortune and actually getting it to where you want it over and over again in one piece. will be a challenge. Not impossible if your willing to take your time getting everything in. Normally not the case during load in. But hey: people DO difficult things : look at Johnny Gauhan's Flying. From what I understand its very difficult to setup and run.
So - I guess nothing's impossible. Just depends on the energy you want to put into it.
Kind Regards

Ryan C. Reed
Founder, Illusion Entertainment

designer, director, theatrical consultant, digital wizard, magic impresario, wonder aficionado, Illusioneer & dream architect.

Instagram
Facebook
GarySumpter
View Profile
Special user
UK
857 Posts

Profile of GarySumpter
If anyone has a back copy of the blue room magic magazine for sale please let me know, been looking for it for ages!

Thanks

Gary
Silvio Solaris
View Profile
Inner circle
Xtreme Magic
1110 Posts

Profile of Silvio Solaris
That's how magic should look like. Vanishes and appearances in the open not in huge boxes that scream trickery.

I'll like one too. Perhaps someone can give some info which Magic Magazine that was.

Highly Appreciated.
Magical Wishes

Silvio Solaris

'Is all that we see and seem but a dream within a dream?' E.A.Poe
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7445 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
It was also shown in its entirety on a magic special on TV but I can't remember the name of the special right now. It was the routine from the LA History Conference with Tina Lennert.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
rtgreen
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, Oregon
1322 Posts

Profile of rtgreen
You can watch it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCQiocETD9c

Thanks,
Richard
Gerry Walkowski
View Profile
Inner circle
1435 Posts

Profile of Gerry Walkowski
Those boys from CA have class. That was amazing!
Servante
View Profile
Inner circle
1328 Posts

Profile of Servante
It seems to me I've got some illustrations from an old 1940's Popular Science that lays out a "Peppers Ghost" cabinet effect. If I can find it, I'll scan it and post it...though I might do it in "Secret Sessions," just to keep people from being upset at the reveal.

-Philip
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Blue Room/Pepper's Ghost Illusion (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL