The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » RPG + Effect (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dr Mage
View Profile
Veteran user
Southern California
332 Posts

Profile of Dr Mage
I'm helping run a table-top RPG this weekend (Dark Heresy). The game will include a scene where an Inquisitor conducts some tests to determine if one of the players has psykic powers (he does, BTW).

Any suggestions on how to do this? It has been established that this NPC (the Inquisitor) carries with him a deck of Tarot cards that he nervously shuffles. I'm curious to hear any suggestions.
What is the color of magic?
KeokeSilver_Fang
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of KeokeSilver_Fang
*the wolf walks in and hears RPG*

Have the character freak out and destroy the room with his mind, Or just set up a cuing system for him/her.
Dr Mage
View Profile
Veteran user
Southern California
332 Posts

Profile of Dr Mage
I was somehting along the lines of having the characters name any number, and then opening a sealed envelop with the named number. While this would certainly work, I'm curious if someone has somehting a bit more flavorful I could attempt.

While none of the players are magicians, they HAVE seen the above effect performed. So it would be a bit lessened by familiarity.
What is the color of magic?
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4260 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
Perform your favorite version of "Out Of This World" with the character apparently separating the Major Arcana from 20 cards from the Minor Arcana (say the Courts plus Aces of each suit).
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
KeokeSilver_Fang
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of KeokeSilver_Fang
Oo second on the OOTW, a live and death test could be cool. What are you aiming for, creepy or structured like a "test"?

Creepy could be something like what Derren Brown did with the out of this world using photos of dead people and such. The context of course is this person who has esp has the ability to go inside of you and influence your actions.

Test could be a drawing duplication, Hellstronism (spelled correctly?), and other pk mind reading effects.

Hope this helps a little bit.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » RPG + Effect (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL