The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Mongolian Pop Knot (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Whit Haydn
View Profile
V.I.P.
5449 Posts

Profile of Whit Haydn
Quote:
On 2010-05-16 19:35, Pete Biro wrote:
I think the knot was named after "POP" Haydn.

Maybe Pop was named for the knot.

Yes, the Panama rope trick pops the knots off.
Russell Scoggin
View Profile
Loyal user
Lubbock, Texas
257 Posts

Profile of Russell Scoggin
Whit, I'm looking forward to the DVD coming out. I've had the video for some time now, and I know it's still the same routine and everything, but I like the higher quality of DVD's. They last longer and also they fit into a smaller space than videos. I love your routine and am looking forward to when the DVD is out. Thanks for sharing your great rope routine with us!
epoptika
View Profile
Elite user
Florida
477 Posts

Profile of epoptika
I've never tried making my own pixie dust as it is easier for me to just pick it up from the local apothecary. I have had good results with drying my own eye-of-newt and spider spleens on a wire rack laid out in the sun and then grinding them in an old fashion mortar and pestle. I would think this might also work well with your pixie's.
Whit Haydn
View Profile
V.I.P.
5449 Posts

Profile of Whit Haydn
It would. A bit old fashioned and time-consuming, but effective none the less...
jazzy snazzy
View Profile
Inner circle
run off by a mob of Villagers wielding
2109 Posts

Profile of jazzy snazzy
Whatever you do, don't get that synthetic stuff that comes from China.
I all sticks together in the box.
"The secret of life is to look good from a distance."
-Charles Schulz
Whit Haydn
View Profile
V.I.P.
5449 Posts

Profile of Whit Haydn
No, only use real pixies...and send the kids out of the house, they make a lot of noise until they dry, and it can be distressing for the very young.
epoptika
View Profile
Elite user
Florida
477 Posts

Profile of epoptika
Whit - you are a gem! Smile
Whit Haydn
View Profile
V.I.P.
5449 Posts

Profile of Whit Haydn
BTW: The .pdf file of my booklet on the Mongolian Pop-Knot, including full patter and moves with photo illustrations is available for $10 as an e-book.

Just send $10 to whit@whithaydn.com by PayPal, and I will email the book.

It is also available as a .pdf file on CD, for $15--which includes shipping and handling. The CD also contains an .mpg of the routine in performance.

Other booklets availabe as $10 e-books are:

Street Magic
Intricate Web of Distraction
Chicago Surprise
dbaronian
View Profile
Regular user
Northridge, CA
199 Posts

Profile of dbaronian
Inventory has been restocked
BaronianTrading.com...your #1 source for magicians' rope.
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
Whit:

Your routine is a GEM!
Whit Haydn
View Profile
V.I.P.
5449 Posts

Profile of Whit Haydn
Thank you.
MLDupree
View Profile
Regular user
139 Posts

Profile of MLDupree
I know this is an old thread but recently heard that Whit has completed and will soon release a DVD on the Mongloian POP Knot. This is a great effect and I have the booklet but would love to add the DVD also. Any updates on when the DVD will be available?
DougTait
View Profile
Elite user
Sebring, FL
492 Posts

Profile of DougTait
I mentioned this is another thread, but I had to change the name of the trick because the Mongolians in the audience were offended.
Now I call it the Barbarian Pop Knot. So far I haven't had any negative feedback from the Barbarians. Got to stay PC these days Smile
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men [and women] to do nothing."
Pop Haydn
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3691 Posts

Profile of Pop Haydn
Why on earth would it be offensive to Mongolians? I created it because the Mongolians were great horsemen and experts at ropes and knots. I used to begin with "Here is something I learned on the steppes of Mongolia..." What did they find offensive?
Red Neck Magician
View Profile
Regular user
Down Yonder
190 Posts

Profile of Red Neck Magician
Any updates on the dvd?
Motley Mage
View Profile
Special user
572 Posts

Profile of Motley Mage
I do love watvhing you work, Pop, and the link with the Trailer Trash Magician shows how nicely your routine can be adapted to another persona. Beautiful scripting,
DougTait
View Profile
Elite user
Sebring, FL
492 Posts

Profile of DougTait
Pop;
I think the Mongolians here in FL are more uptight than the West Coast Mongolians.
They also maintain that you DON'T go back and forth the same way that you go in and out. It may be just a matter of technique, but they are sticklers for accuracy, while the Barbarians don't seem to give a $#@% about anything.

P.S Great routine. It's so good it even plays well for Vikings - and they know their knots!
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men [and women] to do nothing."
Greg Collett
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Greg Collett
Indeed, a fellow once told me that for a dollar he'd teach me the mongolian knot trick. I got khan'ed. I'll be here all week folks, try the veal.
"He's a miracle waiting for us to happen."
Pop Haydn
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3691 Posts

Profile of Pop Haydn
The rope routine is in the can. We are waiting for it to be edited. Don't know when it will be done. I am not doing the editing this time.
MLDupree
View Profile
Regular user
139 Posts

Profile of MLDupree
POP,
Thank you for the update. Please post when the DVD is ready and keep up the great work.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Mongolian Pop Knot (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL