The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Hmmm, When Have You Purchased "Enough" Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Steven Steele
View Profile
Chief of Staff
1868 Posts

Profile of Steven Steele
Let's see....over the past 45+ years I'm at two storage units, a garage, two bedrooms, and most of the house. I'll let you know when I get to that point.
Coram Deo
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Quote:
On 2009-08-19 00:33, Steven Steele wrote:
Let's see....over the past 45+ years I'm at two storage units, a garage, two bedrooms, and most of the house. I'll let you know when I get to that point.

Steven, you have magic stored in TWO storage units? That alone makes the mind REEL! I had to trim everything down to one small u-haul. That's everything I own! I look at it this way: I can buy everything back. The magic stuff that I let go of, well, I wasn't performing anyway.

The magic I own now, is the best of what I had.

Doug
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2097 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
HAHA NEVER! I have been trying to figure that out for almost 30 years. Actually the more you buy the better, provided that you are making wise investments and learning from everything you buy. How much you CAN DO at one time, well that is another story. I have read books, watched DVDs, and read effect descriptions many years ago and I still have not performed them yet. But I learned a lot of invaluable information as well. But I tend to only buy what I know I am going to use, or what can help further my career at some point. I was never one to buy effects just for secrets like many beginners do. I have a very small "junk drawer," namely because my purchases are based on many years or research and reading reviews.
The great trouble with magicians is the fact that they believe when they have bought a certain trick or piece of apparatus, and know the method or procedure, that they are full-fledged mystifiers. -- Harry Houdini
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2097 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
Quote:
On 2009-08-06 09:37, obsidian52 wrote:
Or, get rid of the spouse, which has happened once already (Ahhh, but not because of magic)

Dropping the spouse could get rid of 50% of your magic too.
The great trouble with magicians is the fact that they believe when they have bought a certain trick or piece of apparatus, and know the method or procedure, that they are full-fledged mystifiers. -- Harry Houdini
The Big Q
View Profile
New user
Sydney, Australia
49 Posts

Profile of The Big Q
Being a total gadget junkie (not just magic) the answer is NEVER - however, I have to agree - I've learnt more magic technique in the periods when I couldn't afford to buy anything!
DP the Great
View Profile
Regular user
CC, Texas
198 Posts

Profile of DP the Great
Research a lot before you order and practice a lot after you order. Take the most out of each peice of magic and space them acordingly. Soak it up as much as possible and you will never have "enough" because you will always be leasrning. that's why I love magic...its always fresh -DP
D. P. the Great
www.dpandedmagic.com
Mike Melito
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of Mike Melito
Sadly - I don't think I'm ever going to have purchased "enough". One note of pride is that I just came back from the Midwest Magic Jubilee and I didn't spend any money in the dealers room.

I actually spent all my money feeding my family during the convention.
VcosNJ
View Profile
Inner circle
1179 Posts

Profile of VcosNJ
Same. I just don't know when to quit. It's fun though. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Hmmm, When Have You Purchased "Enough" Magic (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL