The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Little Fella Grows Up by Caleb Wiles (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
Here's my performance of a great effect by Caleb Wiles, which I believe was in turn inspired by a Harry Lorayne routine. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9guodIpYBDo&feature=email

Michael
Learn more about my upcoming book of close up magic and theory SYNTHESIS & SECRETS: A Magic Book in Four Acts: https://www.michaelkrasworks.com/synthesis-secrets
Blueroyalty
View Profile
Loyal user
280 Posts

Profile of Blueroyalty
Nice...I too am a fan of High Spots.
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
I'm glad to see someone else doing this! I do it almost exactly the same as a demo (great minds) and I've just started letting the spec deal the last hand as taught in HS. The first time I did it with a spec the guy adamantly took credit for "knowing" how to cheat!

Good stuff Michael!

MMc
Rpascual
View Profile
Special user
USA
668 Posts

Profile of Rpascual
Hey, nice performance man inspired me to purchase the book today.

In the line where you say "Gamblers usually control a four of a kind to the top," I think it would add a little if you said "Gamblers usually control a four of a kind to the top normally high cards such kings or aces as demonstrated here with the kings." I don't know I think it could add a little more when you are talking.
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
Good idea... kinda skimped on the details there didn't I?

Thank you all for your feedback!
Learn more about my upcoming book of close up magic and theory SYNTHESIS & SECRETS: A Magic Book in Four Acts: https://www.michaelkrasworks.com/synthesis-secrets
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3349 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Michael, very well done, all looked good, good patter, good pacing, I enjoyed it.
tltq
View Profile
Regular user
east coast
161 Posts

Profile of tltq
Very good trick, smart ending
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4639 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
Guys,

You NEED to get Caleb Wiles' High Spots. If you haven't done this yet you're missing out on one of the best new deals in magic. It's $20, contains some killer magic, and can be found at Vanishingincmagic.com

Tell 'em Ben sent you.

Ben
If you're reading this you're my favourite magician.

Check out www.TorontoMagicCompany.com for upcoming shows, and instagram.com/train.ben for god knows what!
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
BEN, Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

Actually I totally agree with ya but my greed wants it all to myself! Then again, it's in a BOOK so I guess the secret is pretty safe! Smile

MMc
Caleb Wiles
View Profile
Inner circle
Indianapolis, IN
1132 Posts

Profile of Caleb Wiles
Nice performance, Michael. I think one thing your missing is the fake "false deal." Because of the handling, the cards will come out automatically, but I like to make it look like I'm false dealing on one of the hands, so I deal it with a little wrist turn. Then, during the second phase, you can show on many of the deals that you really are dealing indifferent cards. To me this helps sell that what you're doing is real.

I joke during my lectures that this is a false dealing routine without any real false deals. Instead, you use real deals to simulate false dealing so that the false deals look real. Hope you can follow that...lol.

At any rate, I'm glad you all are enjoying the book. As always, I'd love to hear any of your own thoughts on any of the routines.

Caleb
Check out my Main Event project (DVD or Download).

"Magicians, stop what you're doing right now and pick this up!" - John Guastaferro

"Caleb Wiles is the real deal!" - David Williamson

"...my very highest recommendation." - John Carey
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Ok I know I am the only one who thinks this way but the difference in the way you show "4 kings" and the spread at the end is really stark.

Also I know it is popular to show 2 kings of the same color and all that and I know magicians say "Oh a lay person will never notice that", but when you do it enough times in one trick, newsflash THE KNOW. If they are paying attention, if they are amazed by the first part, they will be WATCHING the second time.

I mean the goal is to engage them right? Not to have them gloss over and just nod and say "Uh huh".

I always thought the Elmsley was better suited for hiding different colored backs, for hiding double facers and stuff like that. When you show them the same thing twice, you will eventually get called on it.

Ok rant off, the trick was cool and man you have some SERIOUS chops with the cards sir.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Little Fella Grows Up by Caleb Wiles (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL