The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Manip-Quick "Magician's Hand Soap" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Just when you thought every magic marketing idea had already been tapped, along comes Manip Quick Magician's Hand Soap at $10 per bar http://www.magic.org/store/product_info.php?products_id=6512
No word on when the shampoo and deodorant will be released.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
Rpascual
View Profile
Special user
USA
668 Posts

Profile of Rpascual
Sounds weird although it sounds good at the same time. It actually sounds good, I wonder if it's worth it, who'll take the plunge this time?
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
There are a million kinds of soap with lotion/oil in them, $10.00 is way too much for a repackaged bar of soap.

When your out & about, your at the mercy of what ever kind of soap is available(that's why I carry hand sanitizer & lotion in my close up case). I guess if your one of those people who lives in your mom's basement & only does tricks for her & her cats, this might be the perfect product for you Smile

Mike
Magic Spank
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas
320 Posts

Profile of Magic Spank
Old timers recommend rose water mixed with water.

Good luck finding "rose water" at your local grocery store though.

I have found it, and it is perfect. But that was 20-30 years ago.

Rose Water is a natural astringent, gets rid of the sweat and gives you the perfect tackiness.

Maybe the soap does the same. Hard to tell since I haven't tried it.

Rob
dsalley13
View Profile
Elite user
465 Posts

Profile of dsalley13
Rose water is available at any East-Indian grocery store. It's usually a required ingredient for making a "Lassi" drink. You can get glycerin at any pharmacy. Mix water, rose water, and glycerin in 3 equal parts and you have some serious hand conditioner for magical manipulations. It's not so good for most silk work. :o)

dssalley13
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
3009 Posts

The Camirand Academy re-released spritzer bottles of Gary Ouellet's manip spray, which I think is based on the simple formula he published in Close Up Illusions. I love the stuff, and it lasts a long time, as a little goes a long way. Gives some good, non-greasy tackiness after it dries. Ouellet once said he stopped selling it because it was too hard to ship, but apparently that problem has been solved. Buying it premixed is much easier than trying to track down the ingredients, which were commonly available in the 1950's and 1960's.

As Mr. Peterson pointed out, the real problem with the soap would be portability - you can use it all the time in your house, but when you're at the gig, you're probably going to use whatever liquid soap is stocked in the men's room (assuming you wash your hands, which is good if you'll be eating, but possibly not so much when doing sleights). This product might be of more use if they made it in liquid form (who uses a bar of soap anymore to wash their hands, even at home?), so you could put a little in a travel bottle and carry it with you.
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
3009 Posts

Quote:
On 2009-08-07 16:49, dsalley13 wrote:
Rose water is available at any East-Indian grocery store.

Good tip. Thanks!

Quote:
On 2009-08-07 16:49, dsalley13 wrote:

You can get glycerin at any pharmacy.

Hmm, I looked for it at the pharmacies in Leesburg, VA and again when I was in Dallas, TX, but the clerks couldn't locate any. What section of the store is it usually in? Supplements?
Fábio DeRose
View Profile
Inner circle
San Paolo, Brasile
1477 Posts

Profile of Fábio DeRose
Here in Brazil you can find Rose Water on nearly any grocery or pharmacy at a really cheap price. I use it, and it's just perfect.

Quote:
On 2009-08-07 14:34, Magic Spank wrote:
Old timers recommend rose water mixed with water.

Good luck finding "rose water" at your local grocery store though.

I have found it, and it is perfect. But that was 20-30 years ago.

Rose Water is a natural astringent, gets rid of the sweat and gives you the perfect tackiness.

Maybe the soap does the same. Hard to tell since I haven't tried it.

Rob
Fábio De'Rose - Ilusionista
www.ENIGMAGICO.com.br

Twitter @Enigmagico
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
Maxfieldsmagic, I have found glycerin at my local Wal-Mart.
Magic is a vanishing art.
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
3009 Posts

Good old Wal-Mart comes through again.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Manip-Quick "Magician's Hand Soap" (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL