The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Anyone seen Daryl's Rope Poster Routine? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
JeffHall
View Profile
Regular user
Davis, California
161 Posts

Profile of JeffHall
Has Anyone seen Daryl's Rope Poster Routine? Are the photos good and easy to follow?
thanks, Jeff
Geoff Williams
View Profile
Special user
St. Pete Beach, FL
617 Posts

Profile of Geoff Williams
You probably mean "Daryl's Rope Routine" poster...yes the photos are crisp and clear. He uses three different colors of ropes to make it easy to follow.

If you go slowly, you should have no problem.
"Saját légpárnás tele van angolnák."

(Hungarian for "My hovercraft is full of eels")
Ray Eldard
View Profile
New user
Phoenix, AZ
90 Posts

Profile of Ray Eldard
Yes, the poster is very easy to follow. Daryl also teaches the routine on his "Great White Rope" video.
Jason Fleming
View Profile
Veteran user
Marooned, Hawaii
374 Posts

Profile of Jason Fleming
The poster is good, but it doesn't show you Daryl *performing* it...only the moves.

Learning Daryl's Rope Routine from his video is far more effective, I think.

Smile
BillParky
View Profile
Regular user
Atherton,Manchester,U.K.
123 Posts

Profile of BillParky
I have to confess that I struggled with the learning of the routine from the poster as it presupposed a certain amount of familiarity with moves which I didn't possess. I found it disappointing and if I'm ever motivated to have another attempt at this routine then I'll definitely get the video.
Bill Smile
David Freeman
View Profile
New user
Raleigh, NC
20 Posts

Profile of David Freeman
Jeff,

I purchased this routine about three weeks ago and it was fairly easy to follow. I like the routine a lot.

My only problem is I lack good patter for it (which is probably in the video). Does anyone have any sort of comedy routine or children's routine to go along with this sort effect? My brain needs jump-starting!

Thanks!

David
max88
View Profile
Loyal user
280 Posts

Profile of max88
If I buy the routine from the dealer will it comes with the 3 ropes or only instruction?
Marcus Selle
View Profile
New user
Berlin, Germany
58 Posts

Profile of Marcus Selle
Max,
as far as I can remember, you will only get the poster and the description but no rope. But as the ropes are unprepared, you just have to cut off three pieces of rope and seal the ends (my recommendation is white wood glue).

Marcus
The Great Zambini
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of The Great Zambini
Max:
I would strongly suggest the video. If I can learn it, so can you! It did take me a few weeks to get it all down. It helps if you've worked with rope effects before. If not, it will be much more difficult.
I use his routine professionally and audiences like it. As far as patter goes, I stay with the general premise as per Daryl: "A miracle with a piece of rope." The routine is soooo visual it doesn't require snappy or plot driven patter to carry it. Or perhaps that is my cop out since I am not clever enough to come up with better!
...Simply Amazing!
THE GREAT ZAMBINI
bumbleface
View Profile
Elite user
434 Posts

Profile of bumbleface
Does Daryl teach you all the moves on The Great White Rope or do you need to buy the other two first? Smile
max88
View Profile
Loyal user
280 Posts

Profile of max88
Thanks for the advice above you gave. So I will buy the tape to learn it and also have to buy the professor's nightmare to get the rope (it works or needs additional prepare?). I like Dary's stuff very much!
The Great Zambini
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of The Great Zambini
Max:
The Professor's Nightmare needs nothing special. It uses three ungimmicked pieces of rope. I think Daryl explains it all on the video, so I would wait on buying Professor's Nightmare.
Let me know if you have any questions after watching the tape.
Good luck,
...Simply Amazing!
THE GREAT ZAMBINI
Reg Coppicus
View Profile
New user
Brandon, Manitoba, Canada
8 Posts

Profile of Reg Coppicus
Yes, the Daryl video, Full Circle video, and 3 Ropes and a Baby routines ALL show you how to do the Professor Nightmare, plus the Columbini count (Daryl's is the best) plus other bits of tricks, and I enjoyed all 3 products, 3 Ropes the best, then Daryl, then FUll Circle, and I took bits from them all. I also really really like the tabary routine, but it does NOT do the Professor Nightmare or the Columbini count.
Reg Coppicus
Brandon Manitoba
Canada
q
View Profile
Regular user
118 Posts

Profile of q
Yeah I have it, the poster, even If you don't use the full routine a lot of parts of it you can shove into an existing one you do.

max88, Only poster no ropes.

-q
Zazz
View Profile
Veteran user
California
315 Posts

Profile of Zazz
I used the video to spark my interest in how good Daryl's routine is and how it should look properly performed, then I bought the poster to learn the routine.
I highlighted and placed notes on the poster to help me separate the different effects. By the time I studied the pictures with my personal notes and viewed the video a few times, it didn't take long to memorize the whole routine. The hard part is creating patter.
I have to say, the first time I performed the routine for a family member, her jaw dropped. The second time I performed this was for a known HECKLER and I got nothing but smiles and praise.
Daryl's Rope Routine will always be one of my favorites.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I purchased the poster version and in my opinion is a big disappointment. The text that comes with it is a disappointment also. Basic cryptic notes only. No instruction for one section or photo to the other, no instruction on placement of fingers rope or anything. The pictures on my poster are in black & white and are so small that it is difficult to make out what finger, hand and rope placement. Yes, it is has the red signature on it so it is an original from Daryl. I have attempted several times to decipher the thing with no luck.

I seen him perform it on stage and it is a very good routine, but I think he made the poster idea and awful instructions on purpose, so noone else could do it.

Bottom line if you can find the video then get that to learn this great routine.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
OK I'm totally confused. I have "the great white rope" DVD, so what trick are we talking about. All this talk of three colored ropes, and a poster has confused me. Are we talking about "Daryl's rope routine"? If we are it sure looks a lot like parts of "fiber optics".
Al Angello
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Zazz
View Profile
Veteran user
California
315 Posts

Profile of Zazz
I am very new to rope magic and relied on the poster as a story board and didn't find it hard to follow perhaps because I had Daryls audio instruction from his dvd Daryl's Expert Rope Magic Made Easy Volume 3 in combination with the story board (poster). Regardless, the combination of the dvd and poster was worth it to me to learn the routine so easily. I wish every routine taught on video had a companion instruction book and poster.
Jondalawyer
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Jondalawyer
I find the poster to be a great supplement to Daryl's dvd set.

I'm not sure I would find it useful on its own.

Jon
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2006-02-23 16:11, Al Angello wrote:
OK I'm totally confused. I have "the great white rope" DVD, so what trick are we talking about. All this talk of three colored ropes, and a poster has confused me. Are we talking about "Daryl's rope routine"? If we are it sure looks a lot like parts of "fiber optics".
Al Angello

Back in the 1980's Daryl published his great routine in the form of a poster and instruction. When video came into easy reach of everyone, he made it available on tape. Now, we are in the DVD era. So it is on DVD. Fiber Optics, I do not have, but it is more recent then Daryl's routine. Yes Daryl's routine is an extended Professor's Nitemare combined with Slydini's Cut and Restored Rope using the short piece. Yes, there are many versions of this type of rope routine. Can you get confused because the are all very much alike, YES!!!

Hope this helps clarify!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Anyone seen Daryl's Rope Poster Routine? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL