We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Light Or Lighter (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

nattefrost
View Profile
Special user
694 Posts

Profile of nattefrost
Being a fan of all kinds of sleights, I also have most of the popular self working card effect books (Scarne, Fuelves, Beam, etc), and I have read various threads here regarding Card College Light and Card College Lighter, which I do not own. For those who know the effects in the two books, which one do you recommend because I am going to buy one of them, I would just like to hear the opionions of the people who own these which one they like the most. Thank you.
rjthomp
View Profile
Regular user
Pasadena
195 Posts

Profile of rjthomp
I know I'm in the minority, but I really didn't much like CC light. The card college books themselves, however, are perhaps the best books in magicdom. I'd recommend you get Card college vol 1 instead... It has several of the better tricks from CC light, and will truly put you on the path of becoming a world class magician...

-Rob
Hansel
View Profile
Inner circle
Puerto Rico
2492 Posts

Profile of Hansel
Im proud owner of both lights books and the card college series...here aremy thoughs:
- If you are a serius interested in GREAT CARD MAGIC I recommend card college the collection. Pricey over the ligths? YES but they give to you lessions that you cant find anywhere!
- For selfworking tricks for someone starting in card magic, I'm with the LIGHT one...
All my best,
Hansel!
Follow Me...
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Hansels-Comedy-and-Magic-Show-929625643774678/
Youtube: HanselSP
Twitter: @HanselSP
Instagram: HanselSP
abc
View Profile
Inner circle
South African in Taiwan
1081 Posts

Profile of abc
If you have both the Fulves books Self working card tricks and more self working card tricks then you have more than enough self working card tricks to last you a lifetime. I would also suggets you buy something else.
Once you read too many of them you become disappointed since many of the principles that make them self-working are the same.
slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1892 Posts

Profile of slyhand
I have both and liked "Lighter" better, though both are good.
I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath.

Alec
Hansel
View Profile
Inner circle
Puerto Rico
2492 Posts

Profile of Hansel
Quote:
On 2009-08-10 10:21, abc wrote:
Once you read too many of them you become disappointed since many of the principles that make them self-working are the same.

You are right!
Follow Me...
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Hansels-Comedy-and-Magic-Show-929625643774678/
Youtube: HanselSP
Twitter: @HanselSP
Instagram: HanselSP
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Light Or Lighter (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL