We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » She Is Starting Young (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagicT
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1248 Posts

Profile of MagicT
Hey all, the link below is to a You Tube video of my daughter performing the Circus Card Trick. This is her first trick to ever learn and perform. Hope you enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1r8gLMfIzU

Best,
Trini
Trini Montes
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4633 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
Hey Trin,

Sorry to tell you, but the method is obvious: Gaffed child.

But, it's an interesting use of the gf, and ranks up there with Henri Garenne's use of gaffed children for his "dozen children from hat" routine, published in the late 1880s...*

Other then that your daughter is beautiful and seems like a smart cookie. I tried teaching my sister how to do some card tricks and she just cried and pooped on me (and she's 16!).

I wish her good luck on her fledgling career (once should learns her second trick, call me- I know a good place to get business cards) and can't wait to see you at the next tsd!

Ben
* The Art of Modern Conjuring, for those interested.
If you're reading this you're my favourite magician.

Check out www.TorontoMagicCompany.com for all sorts of FREE VIRTUAL PROGRAMMING for magicians!
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
Greenwich (CT)
6799 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
She's doing fine.

Teach her to put on a bit of drama in it: the "I'm going to read your mind" was far from convincing. Maybe she could put it as a question (building suspense) rather than a statement: something like "do you believe that I know you enough to get some of your thoughts"... then, at the end, she could start going to the top of the deck, look at you, pause as if she realized that you had been trying to cheat her, and then turn the card.

When she will know how to do that, you'll be able to teach her to initially go through the cards at the pace she uses and, when the chosen cards has been past by two or three, to slow down the pace and look at the spectator briefly before turning each card. Spectators don't want us to miss a trick: this is what this effect is built on. Then when she get to the top card she could do it in the suggested way: that will build up the suspense and increase the dramatic surprise: her young age makes it very credible that she would have missed the trick... until the final turning over. Use her age to make it a better trick.

It's a good trick and, as I said, she's doing fine. Tell her that magicians on the café congratulate her. Rather than teaching her another one, teach her to make this one a killer. That's what magic is about... as you know and as she deserves learning.
Magic is the art of proving impossible things in parallel dimensions that can't be reached
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » She Is Starting Young (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL