The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » Removing Cards from case - with one hand (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Adam Paul
View Profile
Veteran user
332 Posts

Profile of Adam Paul
I've seen a few guys start their card routine by, opening the card case and then removing the deck, all with one hand.

I would love to learn this flourish - does anyone know of any sources which explain it please.

Many thanks,

AP>
Waterloophai
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1174 Posts

Profile of Waterloophai
I have it on a DVD somewhere. It is not explained but you can follow it very good and reconstruct the moves yourself. It is not difficult.
If I knew only which DVD... I will search.
If I am not mistaken you begin with the deck in your hand and the flap is pointed to the audiance and the "moon" in on the underside. With you first finger you pusch the flap open and up. Then you turn the whole deck over with your thump and push the cards out.
trashmanf
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of trashmanf
The concept is known as an opener and there's many ways to do it.

some simple openers are explained if you just youtube "XCM opener" :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9A7tD_7ry8

really you can figure it out yourself. here's a video where I start with a one handed opener, all it is is a straddle grip (but lengthwise on the pack) and use your thumb to open the flap and (still using your thumb) push the box up, off the pack. you don't have to flick it into the air I just did that to continue the opener sequence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6G4x66WfgY (at about 8 seconds in)
Sam Weiss
View Profile
Loyal user
Stratford, CT should have more than
278 Posts

Profile of Sam Weiss
"Just Call Me Mr. Wonderful" from Paul Harris is a good one... it's in the AoA series along with the Close-up Fantasies books.
"There's something that gets in your soul when you study magic,it's in your heart, and when you perform it comes across the footlights and into everybody else's heart..."
-Denny Haney
OrRePu
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of OrRePu
I think you should check Devo who has a very great one hand remove deck from case
legalalien
View Profile
New user
German in LA
17 Posts

Profile of legalalien
Check out cradle to grave from Devo. The first sequence is an awesome one-handed removal.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » Removing Cards from case - with one hand (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL