We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » How did Tony Andruzzi die? (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4934 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
I have heard several stories, but I wanted to hear from the people that would really know.

How did the patron Demon of Bizarre Magick die?

Best Wishes,
James Smile
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4484 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
Car accident. Smile
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
Sid Mayer
View Profile
Special user
Santa Fe, NM
656 Posts

Profile of Sid Mayer
Philemon,

I believe that you are mistaken. Tony did not die in a car accident. The cause was much more complex.

In my opinion, after Gloria died as the result of injuries suffered from an accidental fire in their apartment, Tony pretty much lost his will to live. He was badly burned in that fire although that was not a cause of his death. Mental distress combined with physical problems of long standing probably did him in.

Although, Tony being Tony, those of us who attended his wake can not help wondering ...

Sid
All the world's a stage ... and everybody on it is overacting.
Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
According to the Feb 1992 MAGIC Magazine page 19, he died Dec 21/91 of
kidney failure. His wife died in a house fire in July 1990, and
according to Max Maven's tribute, "Tony was never quite the same."
Reading between the lines, I would suspect that he drank himself to
death, but don't quote me.

Jack.
sanscan@tds.net

"I will never bitter be, as long as I can laugh at me!"

"The people who were dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4484 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
Hmmm... that's truly bizarre...

I forget where I heard the car accident story from...

I guess I was indeed mistaken.
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
I say let's hold a seance, and uncover the true way!
Dr. Bombay
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of Dr. Bombay
hahahaha, Dr. Zodiac!!!!!!!
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4934 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Was the fire in his house due to flashpaper?

I had heard that.
Cheers,
James
John Smetana
View Profile
???? - 2009
499 Posts

Profile of John Smetana
Gloria, Tony's wife, was burned when her clothing caught fire from a flame on a gas stove. Much of their apartment was damaged during the ensuing blaze but I understand that most, if not all the books, in his library were unharmed. This was most likely due to the fact that they were tightly packed in various bookcases.
I also heard(could be a rumor) that a prolonged investigation was conducted by Chicago authorities since Tony had been reading the Ricky Jay book "Learned Pigs and Fireproof Women" at the time of the fire.
I spoke to Tony at the last Invocational. He ws in a wheelchair at the time and I thanked him for taking the time to put the event together and that I was looking forward to seing him at the next one. He said, "They'll be no next one for me". Seems he already knew that the end was near.

Best thoughts,
John Smetana
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4934 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Thank you John and everyone for your replies.

I think Tony's quote is a really sad epitaph.
Best wishes,
James

Quote:

I spoke to Tony at the last Invocational. He ws in a wheelchair at the time and I thanked him for taking the time to put the event together and that I was looking forward to seing him at the next one. He said, "They'll be no next one for me". Seems he already knew that the end was near.
Best thoughts,
John Smetana
Reverend-Red-Raven
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of Reverend-Red-Raven
Hello everyone. December 22nd 2021, I will be holding another private gathering for an old world ceremony honoring the memory of Tony Andruzzi. It's been 3 decades, 30 years now from the day when he discorporated. We said a prayer for him that day.

On Tony's last night, I visited him. It was after hours and the staff restricted me from visiting him. ( As an aside, as a youth I was once arrested for Armed-Robbery and imprisoned for Larceny by Trick, "Con-Man") That being said.... I conned/convinced the nursing staff to allow me to see him, as they said, "for one last time." They said he only had hours left. (Aside: my HS year book nickname was "Clarabell.") So "Smile Clown Smile," I entered Tony's room. He was all tubed up watching TV, (the TV was off). When he saw me his eyes lit up with a shine we've all experienced from him and with a loving smile he said my name and was glad I came. As he lay there, I sat at the foot of his bed and we had a wonderful Black-Swan-Song chat. Tony told me he would not see the morning Sun and he needed to whisper another secret that night before he discorporated.

As you know I am one of very few people who Tony has lived with and have seen, read and have images of, or is in possession of his personal TETRAGRAMMATON GRIMOIRE (TG).

He entrusted to me another secret thus charging me with an Invocation from his TG. So when I got home I gathered my photographs of his TG, found the passages and I said a special invocation from those pages in his TG. I gathered his five(5) Gargoyles (see below) that he had in his apartment still covered in black soot from the FIRE, and other artifacts we saved from the FIRE that Tony gave/entrusted to Sandee and me, like Gloria's recipe box, Cloths Tony wore, etc. Tony said his Gargoyles were crucial to my invocations as they have the essence of Gloria within the smoke coating. I unfurled Tony's leather TG scroll, followed instructions for marking out the pentagram and a circle around it. I then placed each of the five(5) Gargoyles at each point. I placed some of the artifacts within each star spoke. I hung all five(5) INVO90 Tabbards, and donned the black robe and mask I wore during the tabbard-photo-op (below). I stood, then knelt on one knee (as in the INVO90 Opening Rite), within the inner pentagon. I found the pages he asked me to recite. I'm Catholic, and I can't really explain to you what I experienced next in a way you would understand, but for me it was intriguingly disturbing.

Years back Tony hosted a séance for Houdini. It's part of the "Tony Andruzzi video/audio Collection." Jay Marshall, Sid Radnor and many other notable magicians and dignitaries were present along with the NEWS. Tony told me he enjoyed it very much but it is really was for the general public, you know, for those who like scary movies.

When he lived with me during the INVO90 timeline he entrusted to me many secrets of his witch craft days. He gave me all his subject mater related books among other things.

Tony said if Someone could breach in a cohesive consciousness way after discorporation, it must not be made public for obvious reasons. And that "Someone" would have had been there himself and was kicked out!!!

I am writing to you to let you know that I'm going to put together another gathering for a Mass, Wednesday Dec 22, 2021 for his 30-year discorporation anniversary. I have Tony's & Gloria's personal artifacts.
Reverend-Red-Raven
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of Reverend-Red-Raven
Tony, Gloria, Sandee & I were on the phone with them when the FIRE occurred. They called us to thank us for throwing his 65th birthday party. Guests: Jay & Fran Marshall, Eugene Berger & Jay Inglees, Tommy & Pat Edwards, Tony Comito & Jan Gardner (Feathers the Clown), John Brunelle & Friend.

They were deciding where to go out for dinner. Gloria left to get ready. I heard her screams.

Next day when I went to their apartment, tom Purdy Chicago Fire Inspector interviewed me then let me into the apartment where I saved Tony's Tetragrammaton Grimoire, his & Gloriaa's copy of "Grimoire of the mages" (Gloria's is #2).

Later Tony came and lived with me. He was going to CANCEL the INVO90 but I convinced him to dedicate it to Gloria. Tony told me everything that really happened.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » How did Tony Andruzzi die? (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL