The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » BREAKING NEWS for Restaurant/Strolling Magicians (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!
Rpascual
View Profile
Special user
USA
668 Posts

Profile of Rpascual
HAHA that was actually pretty funny. Great it's going to be back Smile.
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
That's great news!! Good luck Jim!!

-=tabman
...Your professional woodworking and "tender" loving care in the products you make, make the wait worthwhile. Thanks for all you do...

http://Sefalaljia.com
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
This is awesome news. The Magic Menu was/is a great guide for all of us. I was sad when Jim stopped producing it...now it's BACK! It's just chock full of awesome stuff! Can't wait to find out and the new and improved version!
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
The most practical magic magazine I ever read. Good luck Jim and company!
Chappo
View Profile
Special user
Bris Vegas
754 Posts

Profile of Chappo
Oh boy... This is going to be an utter treat. And here's me whinging that I never got to subscribe Smile
The rules of a sleight of hand artist, Are three, and all others are vain,

The 1st & the 2nd are practice... And the 3rd one is practice again

- 'Magic of the Hands', Edward Victor (1940)
slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1908 Posts

Profile of slyhand
Is it a magazine that you can subscribe to? If so, I'm there.
I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath.

Alec
PaulGreen
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of PaulGreen
Hi everyone,

I just got off the phone with Publisher/Editor Sisti and I am honored to let you know that my IN THE TRENCHES column is going to be a part of the new MAGIC MENU. My writings included anecdotes from those of us that work, or have worked, in the trenches of the restaurant or bar world.

I would like to extend an invitation to any and all of you to send me your "happenings and experiences". I cannot promise that all of them will be used, but if they are, you will be a part of the MAGIC MENU club.

Please send them to me via PM or to my personal email address (PM me if you don't have it). As I used to say, "Make it funny, make it sad, just make it the truth.

Respectfully,

Paul (Looking forward to October)Green
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
Just wondering if the material in "The Restaurant Magic Reader" is going to be the same material as in the "The Magic Menu", The First Five Years? Or is it going to be all new material etc.
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2325 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
Amen! Thank you Jim!
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
Still wondering if the material in "The Restaurant Magic Reader" is going to be the same material as in the "The Magic Menu", The First Five Years? Or is it going to be all new material etc.
Jim Sisti
View Profile
V.I.P.
Connecticut
457 Posts

Profile of Jim Sisti
Quote:
On 2009-08-09 10:31, nonvpro wrote:
Still wondering if the material in "The Restaurant Magic Reader" is going to be the same material as in the "The Magic Menu", The First Five Years? Or is it going to be all new material etc.

I'm not sure what you're asking. "The Restaurant Magic Reader" has been out for months and has even been reviewed in the magazines. The "Reader" is basically a collection of the columns I wrote for Genii and Magic over the last 20 years on the subject of restaurant magic (along with several unpublished items that didn't make it into either magazine). It really has nothing to do with "The First Five Years" book (other than having restaurant magic as a subject in common). So, though I didn't really understand your question, I hope I've answered it...

To everyone else, thanks for the enthusiasm regarding the reboot of The Magic Menu. The ducks are still being put in a row but once I have the last few details sorted out (probably later this week), you guys will be among the first to know. However, it is definitely happening.
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
Quote:
On 2009-08-09 12:28, Jim Sisti wrote:... you guys will be among the first to know. However, it is definitely happening.

The Menu was always one of my favorite reads. I wish Ray Mertz was still around to be in it too. All the best for a long run.

-=tabman
...Your professional woodworking and "tender" loving care in the products you make, make the wait worthwhile. Thanks for all you do...

JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
This is great news! Looking forward to the release date.
Mediocre the Great
View Profile
Inner circle
Rich Hurley
1062 Posts

Profile of Mediocre the Great
I'm starting a new restaurant gig later this month, so I pulled out my Magic Menu compliations for ideas and inspriation. Over the years I've created a little index of my favoirte articles and effects. This is an amazing resource! I cannot wait to find out who the new contributors will be.

Jim thank you for reviving the Magic Menu! But as they say, you've got a tough act to follow!
Mediocrity is greatly under rated!
--------------------------------------------

Rich Hurley aka Mediocre The Great!
www.RichHurleyMagic.com
Hansel
View Profile
Inner circle
Puerto Rico
2492 Posts

Profile of Hansel
That's GREAT I can't wait to receive More Details!!!!!
Follow Me...
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Hansels-Comedy-and-Magic-Show-929625643774678/
Youtube: HanselSP
Twitter: @HanselSP
Instagram: HanselSP
Jim Sisti
View Profile
V.I.P.
Connecticut
457 Posts

Profile of Jim Sisti
The final details are being put into place so there should be an announcement next week regarding subscriptions, etc.

Hang in there...!
jmccormack4
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of jmccormack4
Cant wait!
Jim Sisti
View Profile
V.I.P.
Connecticut
457 Posts

Profile of Jim Sisti
OK...we're almost ready and we'll be accepting subscriptions probably by midweek. Here's the latest details, though.

The new incarnation of The Magic Menu will publish four times a year - October, January, April & July. Each issue will feature a full-color heavy stock cover and our mission statement will be a return to the publication's roots - supplying meaningful and relevant information to anyone who performs close-up magic in commercial venues.

I'm also happy to announce that in addition to Paul Green (who was a much valued contributor the first time out and I'm delighted he's back with us), the column featuring new magic (formerly titled "Tricks for the Trade") will be contributed each issue by none other than Paul Gordon, a great creator in his own right and one of the UK's busiest close-up workers.

Additionally in each issue, Christopher Lyle, no stranger to anyone who frequents this part of the Café, will be sharing his real-world thoughts and ideas in a column called "Sleightly Delusional."

It's all coming together nicely and will be a reality shortly. And, thanks one and all for the enthusiasm!

More developments as they happen...
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
It sounds really good Jim. If I can help in any way please let me know.

-=tabman

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » BREAKING NEWS for Restaurant/Strolling Magicians (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL