The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Simply a conversation between two people. What would 'you' do? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12243 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2009-08-07 17:09, Picard_1114 wrote:
You may laugh, but I would have done something really simple. Do you remember this kid's trick?

I would have borrowed a piece of paper and torn it into 9 squares, told her to write the name of a friend from high school she hadn't thought about for a long time on a piect of paper (the center one) and then had her write eight other names on the other pieces of paper, fold the papers, mix them up and give them to you. You play "Lie to me" by asking her if the old high school friend was each name but her reply has to be "no" each time. You divine the name.

Sounds cool ... really it does, but no table to write on and possibly too lengthy.

j
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
psychicturtle
View Profile
Special user
UK
821 Posts

Profile of psychicturtle
Some great suggestions here, I also like to do a palm reading, or possibly Astrologic (Nu), In search of the unknown (Busch), Totally free will (Busch and Myself), 332 (me), or some of the Redford routines such as Prevaricator, and the things from Heptagon.
It's just a matter of picking what you think will work best in the situation.
Picard_1114
View Profile
New user
New York
76 Posts

Profile of Picard_1114
Use fewer pieces than all nine. Or use your business cards and nail nick the right one.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12243 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2009-08-07 17:12, psychicturtle wrote:
Some great suggestions here, I also like to do a palm reading, or possibly Astrologic (Nu), In search of the unknown (Busch), Totally free will (Busch and Myself), 332 (me), or some of the Redford routines such as Prevaricator, and the things from Heptagon.
It's just a matter of picking what you think will work best in the situation.

Good ideas.

Prevaricator woudn't work you need two people. Perhaps Proximity. Only one on one no table etc.

Quote:
On 2009-08-07 17:16, Picard_1114 wrote:
Use fewer pieces than all nine. Or use your business cards and nail nick the right one.

That would work! Or perhaps just a Acidus Novas etc. Or biz card and use center piece.

j
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
Numerology comes to mind. Also stigmata is good for these kind of situations.

Daren
Twitter @darjames
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2084 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Jay Sankey's "Memory Lapse." Show how simple it is to "forget" something when our senses are being bombarded by too much stimuli.

Regards, Steve
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
If she had a watch, psychokinetic time by Banachek or Osterlind's watch routine would have been great as well.

Daren
Twitter @darjames
bevbevvybev
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2591 Posts

Profile of bevbevvybev
Who the heck is Julian Bond Smile
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12243 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2009-08-07 17:53, bevbevvybev wrote:
Who the heck is Julian Bond Smile

LOLOLOLOLOL!!

Sorry, I just purchased and have been reading your James Bond Cold Reading book and have been thinking about hypnotism etc, and it all came together in the excitement of Palm reading.

Sorry James Moore I was confused! Smile

John
Hexagon
View Profile
Regular user
London
198 Posts

Profile of Hexagon
Pickpocketed her
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12243 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2009-08-07 18:31, Hexagon wrote:
Pickpocketed her

Huh, never thought of that. But like Forrest Gump's momma says, "... you never know what you're gonna get!"

J
Paul Carnazzo
View Profile
Inner circle
1127 Posts

Profile of Paul Carnazzo
Any variation of the zodiac divination would be perfect it seems (whats your sign, sign language, etc)

psych forces would be great too...

since you were talking about mentalism, you could have brought up the topic of PK, and introduced PK touches, of course you would have had to 'borrow' another person, but it the borrowed person was the one to be 'touched' the person you were conversing with would have been floored...
remember....always use your powers for good!

http://www.mentalvoyage.com
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12243 Posts

Profile of John C
PMC,

PK touch may not meet the criteria of a one and one and not starting a religion in the room. Just a subtle thing between two people, no one else.

Basically you're blowing their mind while everyone else is still engaged in their own conversation and have no idea that a miracle is taking place. So natural objects would work or no objects at all.

Just that.

To get the entire room going later I pulled out the FIRE WALLET and scorched some heads!!
Jay Are
View Profile
Inner circle
4188 Posts

Profile of Jay Are
John...

I would simply be interesting and tell a GOOD story...

You can give the spectator the experience of what you do without ever doing it.

I subscribe firmly to the belief that LESS is MORE.

Talk about her, her experiences with the supernatural, the paranormal, etc -- and then relay your own experiences.

The beauty of this is the ability it gives for you to create legends...

J
xxx
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12243 Posts

Profile of John C
I understand J, that's actually what I did and that's why the objective here is do something that fits right in there with it yet subtle. Not a mind blowing, involve everyone in the room sort of thing but just something soft.

But, yea, I know what you mean.

j
mindmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1548 Posts

Profile of mindmagic
Kolossal Killer.

Barry
psychicturtle
View Profile
Special user
UK
821 Posts

Profile of psychicturtle
Quote:
On 2009-08-07 17:32, johncesta wrote:

Good ideas.

Prevaricator woudn't work you need two people. Perhaps Proximity. Only one on one no table etc.

J

Good point - I was thinking of Jerome's Thought Channel, not prevaricator. D'oh!
psychicturtle
View Profile
Special user
UK
821 Posts

Profile of psychicturtle
Quote:
Pickpocketed her

I saw a magician get a real hard smack in the face for doing this to a Russian woman. She was furious! It was funny.
Hexagon
View Profile
Regular user
London
198 Posts

Profile of Hexagon
Quote:
On 2009-08-08 05:19, psychicturtle wrote:
Quote:
Pickpocketed her

I saw a magician get a real hard smack in the face for doing this to a Russian woman. She was furious! It was funny.

that's why you have to run away quickly.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12243 Posts

Profile of John C
Thought Channel
Reality is Plastic

perhaps.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Simply a conversation between two people. What would 'you' do? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL