The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Paul Harris presents Steve Haynes' Handout 500 » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3..7..10..13..16..19..22~23~24 [Next]
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of Tom G
Here's something new about to be released by PH in a couple of weeks, trailer should
be soon.

PAUL Harris Presents
Handout Five Hundred
Steve Haynes

Steve Haynes’ Handout Five Hundred starts off like all the other wonderful versions of Pat Page’s Easy Money: you display four or five single dollar bills, then in a flash the one’s visibly change into hundreds.

The big handout happiness is that you can now immediately hand out all of the hundreds for examination!

If you’ve performed other versions you’ve probably heard that little voice in your head saying, “Boy…, it sure would be sweet to hand out all the hundreds at the end…, and not have to deal with hanging onto that thick gaffed bill.”

With Hayne’s Hand-Out 500, that little voice is joyously silent as you naturally and cleanly hand out all the hundreds to your spectator!

No palming, no pulls, no complicated moves. The audience simply sees you change the ones into hundreds and place them onto the spectator’s hand. All of the hundreds are completely normal ..., so there’s nothing to find but pure astonishment!

Even without the glorious hand-out ending…, Steve’s radically new gimmick would still make this the bill change of choice. Handout 500 is actually easier and safer to handle than previous versions. There are no bad angles. You never have to worry about your audience seeing any extra thickness!

And for the final big hunk of Haynes hand-out happiness: because of the unique construction of the gimmick you save hundreds of dollars in gaffed bills. It’s a whole now approach to easy money. The first real game changer for bill changers!
Nico Zottos
View Profile
Elite user
486 Posts

Profile of Nico Zottos
NO WAY!!!

Anyways. There have been a lot of versions of this effect. Im curious to see what this looks like because it does sound very good. I have had that problem once or twice where the spectators ask to see the bills.

We shall see in due time.

Nico
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
After performing Extreme Burn and other handlings of Easy Money hundreds of times I've came to my own conclusion that there really is no need to hand out the bills. I don't think it would help the effect.

And this handling says nothing about changing the bills back, which I prefer to do.

Also, didn't Cory Burke's Voracity contain a handling where you can hand out the bills?
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
I'm interested to see his method of ending clean. Has Janet specified when it will be released?
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2482 Posts

Profile of Robert M
I'm interested - especially because it's Paul Harris.

I agree that there is no need to hand out the bills, but it would be nice if you could. I don't see how.

Robert

PS - I would never change the bills back to ones. If you could really change ones to hundreds, would you change them back?
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
Changing them fits my patter, and adds another “magic moment” to the routine.
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Quote:
On 2009-08-07 20:29, magicman4646 wrote:

Also, didn't Cory Burke's Voracity contain a handling where you can hand out the bills?

Yes, it did. That DVD had a lot of nice tips and ideas like that. It had a great take on the Ninja Rings, too.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
"fits my patter" doesn't change the fact that it is anticlimactic and makes no sense. Now, if you started with hundreds, then changing them back makes sense.
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
I talk about how this is how I hide my money; they look like ones, but they're really hundreds. But to hide my money in my wallet, I keep them as ones. Makes perfect sense and is not anti-climatic at all.

Even Fred Kaps, the creator of Flash Cash, changed the bills back.
Stucky
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Batman!
1355 Posts

Profile of Stucky
Yes BUT Patrick Page is credited with the initial effect, Easy Money (As far as I know) I think the idea of changing blank paper to money and back again with your patter would make more sense yes? People will still steal dollar bills. Humans are silly that way.
Official Thread Killer
Bill Lhotta
View Profile
Veteran user
on top of a 14000' mountain in Colorado
357 Posts

Profile of Bill Lhotta
Quote:
On 2009-08-07 21:34, Robert M wrote:

I'm interested because it's Steve Haynes. Steve's a great thinker and if it's his effect, it's gonna be good!

** Bill **
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2482 Posts

Profile of Robert M
Quote:
On 2009-08-08 08:25, Bill Lhotta wrote:
Quote:

I'm interested because it's Steve Haynes. Steve's a great thinker and if it's his effect, it's gonna be good!

** Bill **

Absolutely.

Robert
Nick-V.
View Profile
Special user
Create and Devastate
817 Posts

Profile of Nick-V.
Handing out HUNDREDS to people will definitely get great reactions... Smile

The question is do you take it back?
Peace on the Magical Streets
~Nick V.~
papercrane
View Profile
Regular user
Columbus, OH
152 Posts

Profile of papercrane
It has been a distinct pleasure to be working with Paul Harris and Steve Haynes on this project over here at Paper Crane Productions. This is absolutely a beautiful effect and keep in mind that is utilizes a radically new gimmick.
Rpascual
View Profile
Special user
USA
668 Posts

Profile of Rpascual
Is there a release date set?
No Show the Magician
View Profile
New user
Reynoldsburg, Ohio USA
36 Posts

Profile of No Show the Magician
Why would you want to change them back? Reversing the magic is a huge let down. Let them see the 100's and examine them. Then let it sink in. Big magic bomb just dropped on their head. Booya!

I have done a version of Easy Money for years, but watching people get to handle the bills would be very satisfactory indeed. It just melts their minds. It isn't like watching the stage illusionist where you just sit back and enjoy the illusion. They get to touch the magic. SO MUCH STRONGER!!!

My opinion... for what its worth. And yes... I've seen the Handout 500, LIVE. It is beautiful!

Selling points for me:
-Handing out the bills
-Gimmick virtually invisible at all angles and unlike anything out there
-Show both front and back during the change
-The appearance of the bills is a true stack of 5 bills
-Did I mention handing out the bills?
-Steve is a sexy beast
-The bonus effect on the DVD is killer. Pros will get a lot of mileage out of it and realize that it is more than just what he shares.

All I can say is... get this DVD when it comes out. You will enjoy a wonderful lesson in creativity and magic.

Aaron DeLong
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1691 Posts

Profile of Markymark
Sounds good. Eugene Burger does in fact have a great reason for changing the bills back to paper or clippings in one of his booklets which is also in his book
'Mastering the Art of Magic'
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
echomagic
View Profile
Veteran user
344 Posts

Profile of echomagic
How's the reset for walk-around?
No Show the Magician
View Profile
New user
Reynoldsburg, Ohio USA
36 Posts

Profile of No Show the Magician
Super easy. Once the setup has been learned and dare I say practiced, you'll have no issues with resetting in seconds.
Fábio DeRose
View Profile
Inner circle
San Paolo, Brasile
1477 Posts

Profile of Fábio DeRose
Quote:

I agree that there is no need to hand out the bills, but it would be nice if you could. I don't see how.

Robert

PS - I would never change the bills back to ones. If you could really change ones to hundreds, would you change them back?

I have a little routine where I produce 3 coins, one by one, while saying "You know what as a Magician I'd just love to do? (1st coin) Cause actual money to appear (2nd coin). That would be really fun, and whenever I needed some change... (3rd coin already appeared), I'd have it, just like real magic (dropping the coins into my right hand). But, you know, you can't have it all (one cin vanishes). I wish I could have the ability of creating but one little coin (2nd one already vanished) but that's just not possible(final vanish). It would be too unfair for the hard working people.

Full circle.
Fábio De'Rose - Ilusionista
www.ENIGMAGICO.com.br

Twitter @Enigmagico
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Paul Harris presents Steve Haynes' Handout 500 » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3..7..10..13..16..19..22~23~24 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL