We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Paul Harris presents Steve Haynes' Handout 500 » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15~16~17~18~19..22~23~24 [Next]
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
^^^ EB/Prophet took anywhere between 45min to an hour when I first started with putting these together. Most of that time came from following along with the DVD, and making sure everything was in the right places, as it can get confusing when first starting.

Now, as long as I have everything in-front of me, since memorizing the process, I can make one in as little as 10-15min, add another 5min for precision trimming.

If you take the time to understand the process it's very simple and takes little time at-all once memorized, after-all, all it is is a puzzle involving 4 bills.
arrow23
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of arrow23
Thank you, piz. oh and congrats on winning the contest.
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
Thanks arrow23! Smile

BTW Steve, what State are these shipping from? I'm usually pretty good at figuring out when I'll receive my orders based on this.

Thanks
JPK
View Profile
Loyal user
272 Posts

Profile of JPK
Good morning Piz.
Looking at the e-mail that I recieved from PHP and following the traking info, the first place I see listed is West Sacramento CA. I also see that my 500 has arrived in my state of NJ and will probably be in my mailbox tomorrow.
John Kardel
soccerb983
View Profile
New user
Norton, Ohio
5 Posts

Profile of soccerb983
Well, after watching the dvd a second time this morning, I went out and got the necessary supplies, which most people will already have and I sat down with the dvd and constructed the gimmick. This is the first easy money type effect I have purchased and I have no experience building anything similar to this as I am mainly a card guy. That being said, it took me about 45 minutes to construct the gimmick and I think it will be much less than that if I ever build another one. Overall, it was not difficult at all if you follow the directions. My gimmick turned out perfectly and I have been playing with it for a few hours and all I can say is wow. It works just as it should in the demo video. It is easy to do as long as the gimmick was made correctly. The various changes are a thing of beauty. I have been doing it over and over just because it is amazing to watch. Now that I have spent the time to construct this I can still say this is highly recommended. I tried it out on a close friend that I usually show new things to, and he said it is the best thing he has ever seen!
JPK
View Profile
Loyal user
272 Posts

Profile of JPK
Good afternoon soccerb983.

That sounds great. I should be getting mine tomorrow. Lucky for me and PIZ, we will be getting a gimmick with our orders so we can play right away.
When I built the EB gimmick the first time it took about 40 minutes. Each time after that the time got cut in half. I now can build one in about 10 minutes.
John Kardel
Steve Haynes
View Profile
Inner circle
Southeastern United States
1087 Posts

Profile of Steve Haynes
Soccerb983
Thanks for putting 500 together so quickly and I'm thrilled your having a good time and great reactions.

PIZ and JPK
I will be sending your pre-built blanks to millions from my home tomorrow.
So you will get your gift no later than wednesday I would think,as it will be sent in an envelope regular mail.

All the best,
Steve
JPK
View Profile
Loyal user
272 Posts

Profile of JPK
Good afternoon Mr. Haynes.
That's great. Thanks again. I might have to leave work a little early tomorrow to check this DVD out.
John Kardel
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1615 Posts

Profile of bugjack
Does it come with gimmick materials? How much arts-and-craft purchasing is required?
Steve Haynes
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of Steve Haynes
I would be surprised if you had to spend more than a dollar or two and 99 percent will have what they need at home already.
You get a good bit of stuff with the DVD,which most are precision made to work perfectly with 500.
S
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
Steve: Just wondering here, and you may not have the answer either (as Janet Harris sent out the emails), but I'll shoot for it...

I received my message on Thursday that my Handout had shipped, but failed to receive tracking info as others have on here. I already PMed someone who received tracking info, this person showed me the identical message I received but his had tracking info, mine did not.

Like I said, it's just a wonder as tracking would have been sweet, but I'm sure it'll be here soon Smile
Steve Haynes
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of Steve Haynes
I'm not sure Piz.
If you don't get it today you can email janet@paulharrispresents.com with the proper info and she would be able to check and supply all answers about your order.
Hope you get it today,
Steve
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
I GOT IT I GOT IT I GOT IT!!!

About to watch! Smile

Be back shortly Smile
synth_infusion
View Profile
Loyal user
210 Posts

Profile of synth_infusion
Tell us how it is Piz. This definitely looks like a winner! I will most likely order it this week.
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
Just got done watching this, and I will tell you all right now, IMHO this blows away every-other version of the 5 bill change that is currently on the market! NO, I have not made the gimmick yet, but I know Gold when I see it, and this is without question one of the purest forms of it out there!

I say this mainly because of the gimmick itself, it is ingenious in every sense of the word. You have to really appreciate what you are seeing/watching, brainstorm the many idea's in your head of what you will be able to achieve with this, and once you do you will see what I'm talking about.

Up until the 3rd section of the DVD I was thinking "This is pretty cool", until I seen the idea's Steve had with this, they just blew my mind! It's like a light-bulb went off over my head thinking to myself "I finally get it, I get what this thing can do now"!!! JUST WOW!

I do wish the "Making of the gimmick" section was verbally taught instead of captioned, as I found myself reading and trying to stare at what was going on on screen at the same time. I found myself constantly rewinding to get the big picture of what Steve was trying to teach. I started getting annoyed about half way through and found myself saying "Would you just please talk already!"!lol I know this sounds like I'm being a tad bit spoiled in a way (we all are with all these DVD's, remember when there were just books to read?lol), but I just don't understand why the making of the gimmick would be taught in this way?

Over-all the DVD is very comprehensive, very well taught and thought-out, much thought went into the making of it!

Steve on the other hand is a great teacher and explained the changes and gitty-up's to perfection, I give him a tremendous amount of credit for filling in all the nicks-an-crannies, as many DVD's fail in this department (I can think of a few right now)! It seemed as though every-time I had a question to ask, Steve responded to me with the answer through the screen, as if there was some ESP going on there.

I have NOT watched the Bonus footage yet, as I am trying to get out the house to get done with what needs to be in-order to get this gimmick finished. I will give my thoughts on this latter.

I am very sick at the moment, I told myself I was going to stay in bed today, but feel I have no choice but to run out "At my own risk" (the people who own this will understand what I mean by that) to get something done.

I already thought of an Idea, I am going to PM Steve right now with it before leaving the house, it's pretty sweet too, I'm a tad bit shocked this idea was not on the DVD.

Well, that's pretty much my first impressions so far, I plan on making a performance video sometime today if I don't fall asleep before getting to it (I worked graveyard last night, still have not slept after getting home from work this morning).

GREAT JOB STEVE, KOODOS, YOU STRUCK GOLD MY FRIEND!!!

Paul
magicman1
View Profile
Inner circle
1183 Posts

Profile of magicman1
I agree on the non speaking of making the gimmick, I suck at doing these kind of things anyway..lol..

would have made it a little easier for slow guys like me..

Don
Bill Lhotta
View Profile
Veteran user
on top of a 14000' mountain in Colorado
356 Posts

Profile of Bill Lhotta
Here's an idea for the clean-up of the gaff. Try using that old PK ring you have collecting dust in your magic drawer. The wedding ring finger is in the perfect location to help execute the gaff clean-up.

Of course Steve has a plethora of other ideas included in the DVD for cleaning things up so there's guaranteed to be something for everyone.

Great job on Handout 500 Steve! The thinking that went into this must have taken quite a bit of time. I can imagine you must have a drawer overflowing of prototypes!

All the *BEST*!

** Bill **
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
I'm back from doing my business, and MAN, what I just did came out beautifully, simply brilliant looking!!!

Well, I'm here watching the construction of the special Bonus effect, and this is just amazing! Steve is either head mathematician working for the federal government, or the worlds greatest Chess player, because this guy has a brain to where I have no idea how he even comprehended the concept of these gimmicks! YES, the gimmick for HandOut is different from the card to wallet gimmick, I can't believe the asking price for all I received! I can easily think of at-least 3 effects right now that this (DVD) is worth more then....

Kennedy's CTW= $250 (I own it)
Windowmation= $375 (I own it)
$3,000 worth of crap magic I have in my drawer right now (I own it all! Sadly Smile )

To be very honest, I maybe more interested in Steves Classic Pass then anything!lol Just Kidding of-course, but man Steve, you have got a KILLER classic pass, that may be the best I have ever seen! I probably rewinded it 10 times or so already, that's killer man!

Time to get started on the gimmick, I'm about 10min away from passing out, pray for me guys?! Smile

Paul
Jean-Luc.R.
View Profile
Inner circle
QUEBEC - CANADA
1408 Posts

Profile of Jean-Luc.R.
When this thing of beauty will be available at Murphy's Magic Supplies ???
Rpascual
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta, GA
664 Posts

Profile of Rpascual
Quote:
On 2009-10-26 18:42, Jean-Luc.R. wrote:
When this thing of beauty will be available at Murphy's Magic Supplies ???

Maybe this will help.
Please note that you are NOT authorized to use ad copy, trailers, or images from this site or to advertise products that are noted as a Paul Harris Presents Exclusive.

Some of the effects listed will require a short period where the item will only be available from

Paul Harris Presents. Due to the huge expense of developing and manufacturing some of our new effects, we have to recoup some of our investment by exclusively retailing and pre-selling select items for a short period before they are released to you. Typically this will be about 7-10 days after physical release. We can assure you our retail sales are minimal and you will do very well selling our releases even with the slight delay.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Paul Harris presents Steve Haynes' Handout 500 » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15~16~17~18~19..22~23~24 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL