We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Paul Harris presents Steve Haynes' Handout 500 » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..16~17~18~19~20..22~23~24 [Next]
NexusMagicShop
View Profile
Elite user
Sunny California
434 Posts

Profile of NexusMagicShop
I am actually very excited about this release... Pre-sales have been good.

I myself want one, and I am looking forward to getting this in my hands. I foresee many stunned bartenders and Cocktail waitresses in my future. Excuse me Sir, "How do you expect to pay for your bottle service with five ones?" (With one eyebrow raised at magician height) Bam! You perform a monetary miracle. Stunned - Paid - Girls - L**d Ahem...
Jason of BackroomMagic
www.BackroomMagic.com/| Mobile friendly magic forums and blogs
www.twitter.com/Nexusmagicstore
Russell Scoggin
View Profile
Loyal user
Lubbock, Texas
257 Posts

Profile of Russell Scoggin
Well, I do have to say that making the gimmick is more detailed than any other bill change that I have. Takes more work than the others. But I will say this, sometimes, if you want the best, then you have to put in a little more work. And believe me, it's worth it! Steve, I have one pretty good idea about the clean up at the end. Simply do the last clean up that you talk about on your DVD without any wallet or card or anything. And then say after handing them out, "Those are real bills, you can even do the black marker test that bankers and cashiers do on them to see if they're real. I have a marker here in my pocket". Then after you ditch the gimmick in your pocket and grab the sharpie and bring it out, don't actually let them mark on the bills with it. 99% of people don't even know what to look for when that is done anyway and won't even try to. The few that might want to mark on them, I would tell: "I'm just kidding. I don't want black marks all over my bills, but in any case, they are real." Then again, hardly anyone will even want to mark on the bills, so 99% of the time, you wouldn't have to worry about it. Been trying it out on my brothers and sisters and also my mom. They are some of my biggest critics anyway since I've been doing tricks on them since I was 8 yrs old. So I actually get some good advice and trouble shooting from them. But they are floored right now. Smile Think I'm gonna be ready pretty quickly to go out and start doing it in the real world.
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
Very well said Russell!

For some odd reason I forgot to mention that!? Yes, this gimmick IS much more worthy of a "Chess Championship ribbon" then your average easymoney effect, as It is simply a masterful puzzle put together from nothing short of a brilliant mind.

The craftsmanship and time that have went into making this a reality must have ran into the thousands, and I'm sure Steve can agree with that statement!

I can't wait to back-up this mouth of mine with a video for you guys/gals, and sad to say it will have to wait until tomorrow. I'm on 24 right now simply surviving, I refuse to make the gimmick in this state of mind, as much precision work has to be put into it.

The woman called after getting out-of work and nagged me for a good 30min, that can take a-lot out of a man!

Out for the night

Once again, thanks for the effect Steve, you the man Brother! Smile

Paul
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
1652 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
"The Big Handout Happiness is that you can now immediately hand out all of the hundreds for examination!"

"No palming, no pulls, no complicated moves."

"There are no bad angles."

All these things now sound like they were misleading... I'm still excited to receive mine though.
Natural Mystic
View Profile
Elite user
Atlanta, GA
499 Posts

Profile of Natural Mystic
Russell,

Instead using a counterfeit marker, try using a real or toy magnifying glass to aid the clean-up process. I'm waiting on the DVD any day now.

Peace.
"You never change the existing reality by
fighting it. Instead, create a new model that
makes the old one obsolete."
-- R. Buckminster Fuller
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
^^^ Maybe I'm not out just yet (only been a min)...

Them statements are totally correct, although I do see where your coming from based on what your hearing hear, you will simply have to watch the DVD to understand why.

The brilliance of this effect comes into play in the 3rd chapter, this is the reason I stated above "A light-bulb went off in my head", the clean-up is why I stated this.

Once you receive this Patrick you will understand my friend, the waits almost over for ya man Smile

Paul
Bill Lhotta
View Profile
Veteran user
on top of a 14000' mountain in Colorado
356 Posts

Profile of Bill Lhotta
You can immediately hand out all of the change bills (i.e. hundreds) for examination, that is true.

And there really are no bad angles as far as watching the thickness of your packet. The way Steve has constructed the gaff will always give you the correct thickness at both the front and the back of the packet so you will always appear to have the exact number of bills that you should.

You do have to get rid of the gaff unless you decide to simply hold onto it. Steve describes lots of creative ways to ditch the gaff so you don't have to palm out the gimmick but you could if you want to.

Hope that clarifies things.

** Bill **

Quote:
On 2009-10-26 19:25, PatrickGregoire wrote:
"The Big Handout Happiness is that you can now immediately hand out all of the hundreds for examination!"

All these things now sound like they were misleading... I'm still excited to receive mine though.
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
Quote:
On 2009-10-26 19:25, PatrickGregoire wrote:

I feel I need to respond a tad-bit more intuitively to your question Patrick..

-There is no Palming unless you decide to, when you receive the DVD you will see what I mean.

-There are no Pulls.

-There are DEFINATLY no complicated moves! I do more complicated moves doing Sponge Bunny's then you will do during this entier effect.

-Bad Angles? Depending on the change you decide on, yes there can be angles to watch, but this all depended on the performer. Me, personally, my 2 favorite changes have no angle problems what-so-ever! Can be done totally surrounded Smile

Hope this helps a tad better Pat Smile

Paul
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
1652 Posts

It does. My biggest concern is the bad angles bit. I understand that there are no bad angles as far as the thickness and the change go, but if then you have to ditch the gimmick then the angles take a 90 degree turn. All of a sudden there are angle issues that arise. No?
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
^^^lol, No my friend, it has all been taken care of, you shall see why shortly Smile

BTW, where are you located? Are you in a dif Country Pat?

Paul
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
Quote:
On 2009-10-26 20:00, PatrickGregoire wrote:
It does. My biggest concern is the bad angles bit. I understand that there are no bad angles as far as the thickness and the change go, but if then you have to ditch the gimmick then the angles take a 90 degree turn. All of a sudden there are angle issues that arise. No?

Let me tell ya something Pat...

If there is anyone that should be disappointed in this effect it is me! I kept thinking to myself "Where in the world are these one's going"? There has got to be some-kind of pulley system involved?

Do you know where I got this idea from? THE DEMO!!! What you see on the Demo is what you get! The change on the Demo where the Wallet is involved... Now, do you see anything? Exactly! That's the whole routine, the gimmick is gone my friend!

I swear to you I had it in my head that these "ONE'S" actually vanish somehow!

I will tell you now, I probably have never been so happy with an effect without performing it at this point, I feel it is that good Pat, I not kidding man.

I cannot wait to get started, I see massive potential in this, and I'm going to drain every bit of fuel from it as I can, that's my honest feelings after viewing the DVD.

Do me a favor? Don't get your hopes up, but please keep your mind opened, and if you do, you will be as impressed and as excited as I am, I can guarantee it! Smile

Paul
Joe Mauro
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of Joe Mauro
Piz,
thanks very much for taking the time to post your thoughts on this DVD. All the details you give really helps and is appreciated.

Hope you feel better soon!

Joe
~Joe
Russell Scoggin
View Profile
Loyal user
Lubbock, Texas
257 Posts

Profile of Russell Scoggin
Patrick the clean up is super easy and when you get the DVD, you'll see. I mean after you do the effect, you really won't even need a reason to go to your pocket. I was just giving an additional bit of possibly useful info up there. Not NECESSARY info, just something you could use if you really wanted to. I mean, unless you're actually expecting real magic, this is probably as close as you're gonna get. And super easy. So nothing to really worry about.
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
1652 Posts

Thanks guys. I know what you mean about the wallet clip Piz, I still don't understand it! I'm in Canada. It took 2 weeks to receive Strip so I'm not expecting it anytime soon.
Steve Haynes
View Profile
Inner circle
Southeastern United States
1087 Posts

Profile of Steve Haynes
Thanks everyone and feel free to shoot me a pm and I will help anyway I can.
Also Thanks to all who have sent me their ideas.
Since this is now shipping,please be careful about exposure as it is a very easy thing to do.
The gimmick is unique and just wanna try to keep the secrets of the gimmicks construction safe to the degree of fairness.

Im not sure if I posted this here,but something really cool you can do is change the ones to a 5-10-20-50-100.
Since the spectator can see the front and back of the bills at the same time,they will now see a double change into say a five and a hundred at the same time and then you spread showing the other denominations.
In other words,two of the ones are displayed and both change to a five and a hundred(or what ever)in an instant and at the same time.

Thanks again everyone,
S
defconskylude
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of defconskylude
Just got mine last night.

I'm sticking to $1 to $20's this way I can actually pay for things.

And I'll also consider the change from $1 to ($5, $10, $20, $50, $100) to pay for things.

I have my $1 to $100's set for extreme burn and definitely don't want to carry over $1000 in cash on me for two effects.

The best change that I like so far is where you grip it on the edges with your thumb and first finger and do the flicker.

Clean up will be the last one shown on the DVD. I'm not comfortable handing out my wallet. hehe

Also after watching the DVD, I think this may work for 3D cash.

Also if I make two handout gimmicks and stick them together, maybe it can change 3 times. We'll see.
defconskylude
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of defconskylude
There's another effect I use with extreme burn where you can change from five $1 to five mismade $1 bills. I'll use the same thing with the handout gimmick and change them to mismade $1 bills.

It's getting expensive. $55 for five mismade $1 bills at penguin

Thanks steve, my wife is gonna kill me
Steve Haynes
View Profile
Inner circle
Southeastern United States
1087 Posts

Profile of Steve Haynes
Quote:
On 2009-10-27 12:13, defconskylude wrote:
Just got mine last night.

I'm sticking to $1 to $20's this way I can actually pay for things.

And I'll also consider the change from $1 to ($5, $10, $20, $50, $100) to pay for things.

I have my $1 to $100's set for extreme burn and definitely don't want to carry over $1000 in cash on me for two effects.

Also after watching the DVD, I think this may work for 3D cash.

Also if I make two handout gimmicks and stick them together, maybe it can change 3 times. We'll see.

That is a very nice idea and you would be sliming it down in the process.
Lovin the creative spirits,
S
Merlin
View Profile
Veteran user
Palmerton, Pa
362 Posts

Profile of Merlin
Quote:
On 2009-10-27 12:21, defconskylude wrote:
There's another effect I use with extreme burn where you can change from five $1 to five mismade $1 bills. I'll use the same thing with the handout gimmick and change them to mismade $1 bills.

It's getting expensive. $55 for five mismade $1 bills at penguin

Thanks steve, my wife is gonna kill me

Order a full sheet of 32 one dollar bills from the mint, and cut them yourself. It ends up a around $2.40 per mismade bill.

http://www.moneyfactory.gov/store/section.cfm/69

Phil
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
1652 Posts

If I make the gimmick for let's say paper to bills, can I then change my mind later on and modify the gimmick to do bills to bills? In other words is the construction permanent or can I change what it is and what it changes into if ever I want to change it?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Paul Harris presents Steve Haynes' Handout 500 » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..16~17~18~19~20..22~23~24 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL