The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Paul Harris presents Steve Haynes' Handout 500 » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..17~18~19~20~21~22~23~24 [Next]
defconskylude
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of defconskylude
Yes you can change it easily. Steve goes over this in the DVD if you wanted to change it up from paper to bill to bill to bill
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
1655 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
That's great news, thanks for the quick response!
defconskylude
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of defconskylude
Finished building the gimmick last night and my wife thinks its better than extreme burn because I was able to hand it out to her. I was using $1 to $20. My gimmick was too bulky and the bills were worn out so I have to find better crisped $1 bills. Also my hands were too dry which made it harder to count the $1 bills and it also flashed the $20's during the count.

I performed it at home where it's pretty quiet so I need to figure out how to mask the noise whenever I do a change. The wave change is best for quiet environments but the jolt change and flutter change makes too much noise for me.

Overall it's a nice addition to my bill switch collection
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
^^^ Actually just got done building mine about an hour ago Smile

I took yesterday off as I was sick as heck, I literally slept for 22 hours straight (well, woke up for an hour in-between to eat and water, so 21, take or leave Smile ).

I sweated this god-forbidden-sickness out of me! I feel great now!

I fully agree with defconskylude, noise can be an issue, although I have plans. I have my gimmick along with some 5 real hundred dollar bills clamped together at the moment with a very strong paperclip. I plan on keeping it this way until I get home from work tomorrow morning 7am. Braking-in is a must with this one, just as any-other easy-money effect, but this one is far different and needs a tad-bit extra.

From what I have toyed with so far, this kicks some serious butt! Def the wave change is the one to do if you are in a quit environment (noise free), but as I stated, I feel there is a solution. Once my gimmick is done with itself by morning I will test this.

Till then, happy reading, and Vid performance coming within days! Smile

Paul
Steve Haynes
View Profile
Inner circle
Southeastern United States
1087 Posts

Profile of Steve Haynes
Defconskylude and piz
left you a pm.
the placement of the ba##$g# is what needs to be adjusted.
With that in the proper place,you have no noise issues,
S
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
Got ya! Will check it now Smile
Bill Lhotta
View Profile
Veteran user
on top of a 14000' mountain in Colorado
356 Posts

Profile of Bill Lhotta
Most likely your noise issue is due to having the bandage on the wrong side of the m****t. As I identified on the previous page of this thread, the DVD has you installing the bandage backwards of what it should be. If you follow the DVD (like I did the first time) you will definitely have a noise problem. The fix is simple, since you are using Rubber cement you can simply undo things and reverse the bandage and that will fix your noise problem.

Of course there is a side effect of getting the bandage in the proper orientation. My Jolt change isn't very effective due to the decreased sensitivity induced by the bandage. But that is OK with me because I like the Flutter better anyway.

Also, try some Golden Touch lotion and that should give you a perfect amount of tackiness to thumb off the bills. In addition, try using your left ring finger to get a break between the bottom of the gaff and the upper ones. This is easy to do since there is a natural break formed by the upper bills anyway due to the folds you put in them. Your left ring finger will secure the lower part of the gaff and keep it from moving and exposing those 20s you are having a problem with.

Hope that helps!

** Bill **

Quote:
On 2009-10-28 12:34, defconskylude wrote:
Finished building the gimmick last night and my wife thinks its better than extreme burn because I was able to hand it out to her. I was using $1 to $20. My gimmick was too bulky and the bills were worn out so I have to find better crisped $1 bills. Also my hands were too dry which made it harder to count the $1 bills and it also flashed the $20's during the count.

I performed it at home where it's pretty quiet so I need to figure out how to mask the noise whenever I do a change. The wave change is best for quiet environments but the jolt change and flutter change makes too much noise for me.

Overall it's a nice addition to my bill switch collection
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
Bill, you and Steve have prevailed!!!

You guys are absolutely right! I switched sided and there is absolutely "NOTHING" to hear!

Whats funny is I remember your post, and was thinking about it the whole way through putting my 500 together. I checked it at-least 3 times to make sure it was hitting the correct side, and I was sure it was!

I honestly don't know why I didn't catch this?! Messed up thing is that I was focused on catching this!

Well, I got it now, and I thank you and Steve for helping me figure this out Smile

Hey, I did say I had a solution, right? Well the solution just happen to be you and Steve!lol So I was right! Smile

Thanks so much guys! Now my Gimmick can heal in the peace it was intended to heal in Smile

Paul
Steve Haynes
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of Steve Haynes
Thanks Bill!
Most anyone would figure it out after a little while but glad we got this elementary blooper nailed.
The more you work the gimmick in,it conforms to your hands and does everything it supose to.

As far as counting the bills,they just need to be broke in a bit and if I ever need anything,i just naturally lick my thumb as people have been doing their whole lives,
S
defconskylude
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of defconskylude
Showed it to two of my coworkers during lunch today and they liked it a lot. They said it's the best bill trick they've seen out of all of my money magic collection. I did wave change and the sit down for the clean up. They said that it's better that I used $20's instead of $100's because I can pay for daily things.
defconskylude
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of defconskylude
Switched the @a$d#ge the other way on the gimmick and noise is 100% gone. Flutter and jolt change looks way better now and can perform with more confidence.
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
Quote:
On 2009-10-28 15:50, defconskylude wrote:
Showed it to two of my coworkers during lunch today and they liked it a lot. They said it's the best bill trick they've seen out of all of my money magic collection. I did wave change and the sit down for the clean up. They said that it's better that I used $20's instead of $100's because I can pay for daily things.

That is awesome defconskylude!!! Next step, make them believe that you can really change them $1's into $20'S, then they will have no say in wether you have enough money for daily things or not! They will be eating out your hands Smile
JPK
View Profile
Loyal user
272 Posts

Profile of JPK
Quote:
On 2009-10-28 16:21, Piz wrote:
That is awesome defconskylude!!! Next step, make them believe that you can really change them $1's into $20'S, then they will have no say in wether you have enough money for daily things or not! They will be eating out your hands Smile

That's true Piz, but they might expect him to pay for it all the time. Smile
John Kardel
defconskylude
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of defconskylude
I've had free drinks and free sides dishes when I performed extreme burn to the cashiers at fast food restaurants and coffee shops. I wonder what I can get when performing handout 500. One time they wouldn't even accept my cash since they thought it was counterfeit. I simply handed out one of the $20's in the middle for extreme burn and they told me to pay with a card instead for a $4 drink. The manager looked at the $20 bill closely at the inking and even marked it with the counterfeit marker. That reaction was priceless.
defconskylude
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of defconskylude
I just figured this can also be applied as a $2 dollar window trick. Change it from two $1 bills to a $2 bill. Or two $50 bills to a $100 bill. Easier to handle since it's not bulky.

Hand out the $2 bill and just give it away as a souvenir. They will remember you for sure.
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1615 Posts

Profile of bugjack
Quote:
On 2009-10-28 15:22, Steve Haynes wrote:

Most anyone would figure it out after a little while but glad we got this elementary blooper nailed.

I don't have this yet, but will there be any kind of official correction? The correct info on the website, or a repressing with the correct instruction?
Steve Haynes
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of Steve Haynes
Yes Bugjack it is.
This is a very very simple thing to figure out,but we will do it just to be sure.
Some people don't get on forums,so that makes it even more important.

Thanks bugjack and everyone else,
S
BrillionsMagic
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of BrillionsMagic
This is a topic that I feel is relevant to this same thread, so please don’t anyone think I am getting off base about the subject of Hand Out 500.

I had a bit of a technical hiccup with my order, and by this I mean a physical issue with the DVD. Don’t ask me to be specific because, this is likely an isolated incident and I don’t want to start any pandemonium.

The complete and total professionalism of both the creator Steve Haynes, and Janet of Paul Harris Presents (I don’t know Janet’s last name) has been outstanding. My issue was addressed in less than two hours by both Steve, and Janet. I asked several questions of both parties involved and everything was handled promptly, and with great care. I will order from Paul Harris Presents again, and always ask for Janet. Steve’s Hand Out 500 is a great technical advancement for magicians that love bill switching effects. This is not a review of the Hand Out 500 Effect, but rather the customer service behind the effect. If you buy this effect, please buy with confidence of knowing you will be treated well; should you have any problems, questions, etc…

Bottom line: Fantastic, and fun effect with lots of possibilities backed by outstanding customer service.

Thank you Steve and Janet
Zachary
View Profile
Loyal user
275 Posts

Profile of Zachary
Janet, being the smokey eyed sister of Paul himself, is the seldom seen female icon of the exquisite customer service being offered here. I'll second the thanks for both Steve and Janet
Twitter:@Zachary_Heath
Instagram: @zachheathmagic
Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1854 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
This question is for Extreme Burn owners (and users of the effect) Only..

Are you no longer using Extreme burn and feel this is a better, simple, clean effect instead of Extreme Burn??
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Paul Harris presents Steve Haynes' Handout 500 » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..17~18~19~20~21~22~23~24 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL