The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Paul Harris presents Steve Haynes' Handout 500 » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..20~21~22~23~24 [Next]
TomBaker
View Profile
Regular user
160 Posts

Profile of TomBaker
Made my first gimmick last night and worked well...but like the idea of having something on the "blank papers" (to ones...cheap version I know!!) so copied some ones and made 'em so they look really light and washed out...and made another gimmick today...works much better!

I'm practicing this lots as me and my son will be selling popcorn for the Boy Scouts (he's one) at the local Credit Union.

Hmmm...kind of like a "bank"...people and money...GOTTA show it to anyone interested and I am getter better with practice...so hope to have some fun there!!!

This is great!!!!

Piz...what part of Chicago are you in??? I'm just up and around the Lake in West Michigan but have friends in the Chicago area...Palatine, Rolling Meadows, Mt. Prospect...actually just one family but they moved alot!!

Gotta get back to practice!!!
Steve Haynes
View Profile
Inner circle
Southeastern United States
1119 Posts

Profile of Steve Haynes
Quote:
On 2009-11-04 02:05, funnyclown wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-10-30 11:58, Piz wrote:
Here's a quick video of me performing HandOut 500 with the Prophet change. Mind you I only have about an hour of practice with this so far, so be nice! Smile I showed my sis this vid, who stands as my test-dummy with any magic I do, and her jaw dropped!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPQCdWpDrdU

I have the next 3 days off of work, the second I can get out the house and infront of some strangers/crowd I will have camera's rolling. Can't wait to see the reactions this gets! Smile

Hi Piz Please re-upload your video. I'd love to see your video. youtube says your video was removed by user. I just want to say I love Handout 500. I used to do Hundy 500 and this is by far so much better. Thank you Steve for creating a wonderful piece of magic.

funnyclown

Thanks funnyclown for the kind words.

Tom
Glad you like it and thanks for the pm,
S
TomBaker
View Profile
Regular user
160 Posts

Profile of TomBaker
An idea...in doing this with blank papers (or "poorly copied bills") it is a little tricky to do with the blank papers being white (copy paper) but I do remember a post on here somewhere a few years ago where the subjuct of money colored paper was discussed.

Somebody said that there's, if I'm remembering right, a "celery" (??) colored paper at one of the office supply stores (Staples or Office Max..or..??) that's very close to real money color!!

This would "blend" with the real money and work well for "blank" bills (I'm thinking making these so that they're something like coupons "good for $1" or whatever amount you'd want to change 'em to would be fun!)

Does anybody remember this or know of the type and color paper that does have that "money color"????

Gonna ask in on the "money forum" too...just in case!
dduane
View Profile
Special user
Bridgewater, MA
784 Posts

Profile of dduane
I use a paper from Staples: Southworth Connoisseur Collection Exceptional Resume Paper (long name ...eh?) Anyway, I use Ivory - it's pretty close to money. The good thing about this paper is that is 100% cotton and somewhat heavy - 24lb. Good for making fake bills or just blanks.

Duane
VcosNJ
View Profile
Inner circle
1179 Posts

Profile of VcosNJ
Thanks for the tip Duane. I've been broke this week Smile But I hope to make my Handout 500 soon...
Silvio Solaris
View Profile
Inner circle
Xtreme Magic
1110 Posts

Profile of Silvio Solaris
Where did you guys order from? I ordered it over a month ago and still haven't received it from Papercrane...
Magical Wishes

Silvio Solaris

'Is all that we see and seem but a dream within a dream?' E.A.Poe
PHSIS
View Profile
Veteran user
Kailua-Kona HI
385 Posts

Profile of PHSIS
Hello
This is Tuesday morning, November 10th, and I wanted everyone to know there are
temporary server problems with our website host and the Paul Harris Presents
site is down. It will be up shortly.
Thank you,
Janet Harris
magicmike30
View Profile
Special user
744 Posts

Profile of magicmike30
Finally got mine yesterday from my pre-order with Paul Harris Presents. Asides from what seemed like a long wait.......

This thing rocks! It will be living in my wallet besides my Power Ball to be unleashed at will. Nice thinking Steve. Even knowing the method now it still looks like magic when I see it.
Just get this.

Mike
Entertainer
DN777
View Profile
Veteran user
360 Posts

Profile of DN777
Nothing but good reviews all around, that's enough for me to buy it Smile
Damian Surr
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
213 Posts

Profile of Damian Surr
Just ordered mine,

There was a post somewhere about a mistake in the description of the gimmick. Can anyone point me to that post to print off ready for when my Handout 500 arrives?

Cheers
Damian
www.gingermagic.com

iPhone magic apps:
www.CardNowApp.com - iPhone Business Card Magic App
www.armindreader.com – Augmented Reality Magic App
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
2246 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
You can simply visit http://www.paulharrispresents.com and go to CORRECTIONS in the left hand navigation menu and find the correction there.
Steve Haynes
View Profile
Inner circle
Southeastern United States
1119 Posts

Profile of Steve Haynes
Corrections are included with all new orders.
S
Damian Surr
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
213 Posts

Profile of Damian Surr
Thanks,
I've ordered mine from the UK, so the correction's may not be included if it's an earlier batch.

Cheers
Damian
www.gingermagic.com

iPhone magic apps:
www.CardNowApp.com - iPhone Business Card Magic App
www.armindreader.com – Augmented Reality Magic App
arrow23
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of arrow23
Hi Damian,
I pm-ed Steve with a similar question and he said that if you ordered from somewhere else corrections are included, since Murphy´s gets it first and then they ship to all the others, if I understood correctly, so it should be no problem.Btw, still waiting for mine Smile.
arrow
WizzBang
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of WizzBang
To me handing out money to anyone is complete madness.
This may be cool for other magicians but why would you ever give your money to anyone? Especially a fist full of 100s!
Who is actually using this in the real world? What difference is the reaction?
Does the audience handle the money and say "wow that's fantastic and no hidden gimmicks!" To me the whole concept is not natural, think about reasons you get money out - to pay for something or to make a bet for example. So you pull out your wad of paper, change it to hundreds, hand over one of them, change the rest back to paper and you're all clean, this works with all the old methods too.
To me this smells the same as magicians pulling out their wallets and doing the paddle move before revealing the signed card - it's just not natural and in my experience certainly doesn't make the magical moment any greater either.
WizzBang
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of WizzBang
One last comment, the gimmick may be the best produced and the instructions the best ever provided. I just think we need to consider what the overall effect is, just because you can hand out the money doesn't mean you should.
THINK about it Smile
Nico Zottos
View Profile
Elite user
486 Posts

Profile of Nico Zottos
Actually you would be surprised how many spectators want to examine things. It's more than you think. Many of them just don't ask because at that point, they probably think you cant because you have trick bills. Most spectators are polite and don't want to catch you out in front of a group of people so they wont ask for the bills. Those that do obviously don't have a problem wanting you to be exposed in front of everyone. Handing out the bills to a spectator without them even asking by just saying, "Here check them out." Will shatter any method they have in their mind. It DOES make a difference to the spectator. If a spectator goes home at night and says," Wow that bill trick was great...I think there must of been [insert spec. explanation here]" the impact will be much less of that if they go home at night having examined the bills, KNOWING there is nothing there. Handout 500 is a great variation to the bill change. You will never find a spectator who doesn't want to examine something...everyone always wants to find out the secret.

my 2 cents.
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
2246 Posts

After performing this for real people, it's a fact that people want to examine the bills and it's a fact that it blows their mind even more. Plus, I use Canadian Tire money so I don't mind handing out the bills; nobody wants them. I don't use Canadian Tire money for that reason, but it's an added bonus.
defconskylude
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of defconskylude
Ask the spectator for a $10 bill. Then do the effect using $1 bills to $2 bills and exchange the money while you keep the $10 bill.
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
2246 Posts

Yeah but then you have to replenish your Hand Out 500 constantly.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Paul Harris presents Steve Haynes' Handout 500 » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..20~21~22~23~24 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL