We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Paul Harris presents Steve Haynes' Handout 500 » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8..22~23~24 [Next]
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27088 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
The question is not so much "can I hand those bills out?" but "can I give them out as souverneers or use them in my next trick?".

Hint to the workers - have you seen the billion and trillion dollar bills? Smile
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Charlie Justice
View Profile
Inner circle
Mount Dora, Florida
1142 Posts

Profile of Charlie Justice
Quote:
On 2009-08-19 20:44, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
The question is not so much "can I hand those bills out?" but "can I give them out as souverneers or use them in my next trick?".
Hint to the workers - have you seen the billion and trillion dollar bills? Smile


I disagree. This routine answers the only question I've ever had for this type of an effect..."can they be handed out?".

As to playing with toy money... I don't think so. Real money is an important ingredient here.

peace, charlie
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27088 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Okay charlie,

after you hand out the real bills and at least one person has said out loud "they're real" what do you do to get the bills back?

-J
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Rpascual
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta, GA
664 Posts

Profile of Rpascual
Quote:
On 2009-08-19 20:48, Charlie Justice wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-08-19 20:44, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
The question is not so much "can I hand those bills out?" but "can I give them out as souverneers or use them in my next trick?".
Hint to the workers - have you seen the billion and trillion dollar bills? Smile


I disagree. This routine answers the only question I've ever had for this type of an effect..."can they be handed out?".

As to playing with toy money... I don't think so. Real money is an important ingredient here.

peace, charlie


Hi,

It can also depend on what you are going for depends on the presentation you will use for it. But I get your point of view as I agree also with that question "can they be handed out."
Rpascual
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta, GA
664 Posts

Profile of Rpascual
Quote:
On 2009-08-19 21:09, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
Okay charlie,

after you hand out the real bills and at least one person has said out loud "they're real" what do you do to get the bills back?

-J


My answer:

For this next trick(after changing the bills and handing them out) I will need 5 100 dollar bills. (Make them vanish via your favorite method) Smile.
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1703 Posts

Profile of JamieD
Could help you get tips. Wait for them to check them. Snatched them of the spectator and make a funny line like... "Your very kind, that's the best tip I've had alnight" - "That's the paper, now get out the leather, I'm presuming that's what your wallet's made out of" - "If you give me five 100 dollar bill's, I can afford your wife tonight" or something of the sort. Hopefully, theyll get their bills out and ask you to do it with them. Then snatch those and run for your life!

Jamie Daws
TORCE - VMRS - DARK SERIES
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
Quote:
I disagree. This routine answers the only question I've ever had for this type of an effect..."can they be handed out?".

As to playing with toy money... I don't think so. Real money is an important ingredient here.

peace, charlie



EXACTLY my thoughts, well said Charlie!
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
Quick question I have not seen asked yet...

Any clothing requirements? Or a color code to abide by?
Steve Haynes
View Profile
Inner circle
Southeastern United States
1087 Posts

Profile of Steve Haynes
No clothing restrictions.
Not sure I understand the second question.
TomBaker
View Profile
Regular user
160 Posts

Profile of TomBaker
I like the thought of putting $25 or $50 worth of gas in the car/truck...then show the ones or fakes/blanks to the cashier and say how "I used to try and pay for gas with these...but it works better if I change 'em!!"

They change to 5s or 10s (maybe 100s if you have a motorhome!?) and you give them the bills to "keep"...well...to pay for the gas!!

You could do this anytime you pay for something anywhere where the total is 5 bills with you getting some change back.

5 blanks to ones...ones to 5s...ones to 10s and on!!!

Would make buying stuff a fun magic performance every time you paid for something!!
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
Quote:
On 2009-08-20 10:45, Steve Haynes wrote:
No clothing restrictions.
Not sure I understand the second question.


Yea, kinda obvious when you watch the demo, figured I throw it out there. Second question was related to cloths also, you answered.

Thanks Steve
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2739 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Quote:
On 2009-08-20 03:36, Piz wrote:
Quick question I have not seen asked yet...

Any clothing requirements? Or a color code to abide by?


hopefully it's not a modified sanada or anything of that nature, that would be a deal breaker for me
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
Steven70s
View Profile
Regular user
The Netherlands
181 Posts

Profile of Steven70s
Quote:
On 2009-08-20 12:24, TomBaker wrote:
I like the thought of putting $25 or $50 worth of gas in the car/truck...then show the ones or fakes/blanks to the cashier and say how "I used to try and pay for gas with these...but it works better if I change 'em!!"

They change to 5s or 10s (maybe 100s if you have a motorhome!?) and you give them the bills to "keep"...well...to pay for the gas!!

You could do this anytime you pay for something anywhere where the total is 5 bills with you getting some change back.

5 blanks to ones...ones to 5s...ones to 10s and on!!!

Would make buying stuff a fun magic performance every time you paid for something!!


Haha, that's very nice indeed.

I did use to use my Raven to pick up my change from the cashiers hand.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27088 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On 2009-08-20 12:24, TomBaker wrote:...
You could do this anytime you pay for something anywhere where the total is 5 bills with you getting some change back....
Would make buying stuff a fun magic performance every time you paid for something!!


Bingo. Take out five strips of paper - tell them to see five (whatevers) and hand them the bills.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
defconskylude
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of defconskylude
Can you borrow five $1 bills and then use the gimmick to convert it?

I've got 3D cash, EB, Pimpin, million dollar deck, and Ca$h box. Great addition to my multi-bill change collection.

I'm pre-ordering this NOW.
magicman1
View Profile
Inner circle
1183 Posts

Profile of magicman1
Just ordered..
Here yet??

Don
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
1652 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
Anyone seen the movie Push? You could talk about Shifters, and shift the ones into hundreds with the method that Steve showed in the demo where he just "twitched" the bills and they changed or the method where he flicks the bills.
Rpascual
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta, GA
664 Posts

Profile of Rpascual
Quote:
On 2009-08-20 19:15, PatrickGregoire wrote:
Anyone seen the movie Push? You could talk about Shifters, and shift the ones into hundreds with the method that Steve showed in the demo where he just "twitched" the bills and they changed or the method where he flicks the bills.


That movie was really bad. But nice idea. Smile.
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
^^^THANKS!!!

My fiance rented that movie last week, we forgot to watch it so we figured we'll watch it this coming weekend. Taking it BACK! We have a Diamond account, FREE rentals, no worries!


BTW, just Pre-Ordered this along with Titans Finger Smile
Steven70s
View Profile
Regular user
The Netherlands
181 Posts

Profile of Steven70s
Congratulations Piz Smile (When you say 'Piz' in my country you mean urine Smile)

So, is there a release date set for this? I can't find it?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Paul Harris presents Steve Haynes' Handout 500 » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8..22~23~24 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL