The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Paul Harris presents Steve Haynes' Handout 500 » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19~20~21~22~23~24 [Next]
magicman1
View Profile
Inner circle
1183 Posts

Profile of magicman1
Ok Mike, I have to ask

Did you go as a Magician?

Don
mike storz
View Profile
Inner circle
Orange, CT
1354 Posts

Profile of mike storz
LOL... How did you guess????
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
1652 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
Sounds like you HAVE to hand the bills out to end clean regardless of which method you use. Is this true?
mike storz
View Profile
Inner circle
Orange, CT
1354 Posts

Profile of mike storz
Not at all. If you don"t hand the bills out you're as clean as you would be with EB. In fact, HO 500 gives you complete freedom with the last bill whereas EB you're stuck.

Mike Smile
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1785 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
Quote:
On 2009-10-30 11:58, Piz wrote:
Here's a quick video of me performing HandOut 500 with the Prophet change. Mind you I only have about an hour of practice with this so far, so be nice! Smile I showed my sis this vid, who stands as my test-dummy with any magic I do, and her jaw dropped!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPQCdWpDrdU

I have the next 3 days off of work, the second I can get out the house and infront of some strangers/crowd I will have camera's rolling. Can't wait to see the reactions this gets! Smile

Hey Piz, did you take the video down? I couldn't get it to come up.

Thanks,
Sammy
Sammy J. Teague
Steve Haynes
View Profile
Inner circle
Southeastern United States
1087 Posts

Profile of Steve Haynes
Quote:
On 2009-10-31 20:56, mike storz wrote:

This takes this effect to a whole new level. I lov EB but always danced around the "Let me see those Dollars" questions. It really was never a difficult problem but switching in HO 500 was just the ending I needed to make it perfect.

Mike Smile

Mike,that made me smile(thanks).
Handing out the bills does make it stronger,whether people ask to see them or not, they want to!
As your playing with more of the spectators senses.
All the multi bill changes look great as they have the fantasy factor involved.
You don't even have to do a trick at all and just flash five hundred bucks and it gets anyones blood pumping!
handing out all the bills Seconds after the bills change and their brain is still buzzing enhances the effect even further becaues of the extra senses that are being used on the spectator,so just hand them out and observe the spectators facial expressions.
Even if you don't hand the bills out,people are still gonna love this type of effect because of the fantasy factor.
My Opinion
As far as not trusting people handling your money,if I'm that concerned about the people I'm performing for,i would never even show them I had five hundred bucks on me to begin with.
Any social gathering,work place,resturant,gig ect..is safe,,as no one want's their friends to think their a theif,even if they are one.
The logic that you would not hand out that kind of money and the spectators naturally understand that makes sense,but from my experience and asking spectators for their bills for other effects with no problems puts me in a position of "i can take your money,make it vanish,tear and restore it ect..but you can't touch mine and you should understand why!
No matter what version of the multi bill change is done,will get great reactions but putting them in their hands gives it another mental punch and kills the "trick bills theory" before it is even born.
I truly wanted to take the multi bill change and make it stronger for the spectators by using more of their senses (touch) and getting rid of the only guess most any spectator will come up with,which would be correct,as I want to wow them,but I wanted the mystery to be deeper psychologically.
Whether they ask or not,they really do want to see all those bills and when you let them,the rabit hole just got deeper.

Even though the gimmick is very fooling even to magicians,i truly had the spectators in mind when creating HandOut 500.

Thanks again Mike for your post,
Steve
mike storz
View Profile
Inner circle
Orange, CT
1354 Posts

Profile of mike storz
You're welcome Steve! I'm happy to return the favor of "you made me smile"!

Mike Smile
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2743 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Is it true that at least one of the bills won't be redeemable if you have to deconstruct the gimmick?
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17546 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Why would you ask such a question? Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2743 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Lol if I performed this, I would only do $1 to $100 and I wouldn't want waste a $100 bill! I have money, but not THAT much money haha
Bill Lhotta
View Profile
Veteran user
on top of a 14000' mountain in Colorado
356 Posts

Profile of Bill Lhotta
No, that is not true. You can tape any of the bills back together and use them assuming you save their counterparts. Steve goes over this in the DVD.

Cheers!

** Bill **

Quote:
On 2009-11-02 23:34, lunatik wrote:
Is it true that at least one of the bills won't be redeemable if you have to deconstruct the gimmick?
mike storz
View Profile
Inner circle
Orange, CT
1354 Posts

Profile of mike storz
^^^. Bill is correct. I placed the unused bills in an envelope and put it in a safe place just incase I need them! Tape will do the trick! Another important point is Steve describes away that you do not have to lose a 100 bill for the trick. Very simple and looks great.

Mike Smile
Steve Haynes
View Profile
Inner circle
Southeastern United States
1087 Posts

Profile of Steve Haynes
Cost me a total of six bucks to build mine and I can spend the six bucks if I got that desperate.
S
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2743 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Cool, thanks for the replies!
magicmike30
View Profile
Special user
746 Posts

Profile of magicmike30
Still waiting for mine to arrive even with the pre-order.
Where is my Handout?
Magician, Mentalist, Entertainer.

www.mikebelieve.com
funnyclown
View Profile
Veteran user
Burlingame, CA
354 Posts

Profile of funnyclown
Quote:
Here's a quick video of me performing HandOut 500 with the Prophet change. Mind you I only have about an hour of practice with this so far, so be nice! Smile I showed my sis this vid, who stands as my test-dummy with any magic I do, and her jaw dropped!

I have the next 3 days off of work, the second I can get out the house and infront of some strangers/crowd I will have camera's rolling. Can't wait to see the reactions this gets! Smile

Hi Piz Please re-upload your video. I'd love to see your video. youtube says your video was removed by user. I just want to say I love Handout 500. I used to do Hundy 500 and this is by far so much better. Thank you Steve for creating a wonderful piece of magic.

funnyclown
Mike Ianneo
Funnybone Magic

"Defender of the Defenseless One Balloon Dog"

https://www.funnybonemagic.com
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2570 Posts

Profile of Robert M
Quote:
On 2009-11-03 08:51, magicmike30 wrote:
Still waiting for mine to arrive even with the pre-order.
Where is my Handout?

Me, too. Still waiting...

Robert
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
Quote:
On 2009-11-04 02:05, funnyclown wrote:
Quote:

Hi Piz Please re-upload your video. I'd love to see your video. youtube says your video was removed by user. I just want to say I love Handout 500. I used to do Hundy 500 and this is by far so much better. Thank you Steve for creating a wonderful piece of magic.

funnyclown

I'm doing a new one this coming weekend, there were a few things in that presentation I was not satisfied with. Anyone who knows me will tell you how much of a perfectionist I am, from personal to work.

I will re-upload the vid for you folks who have not seen it, will be taking it back down within the the next 24. Will present the link shortly.

Paul
Damian Surr
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
212 Posts

Profile of Damian Surr
Can you do Extreme Burn style changes with this gimmick? I much prefer the look of Extreme Burn to the 'folding over a section of the notes' thing. Love the clean ending though.

Damian
www.gingermagic.com

iPhone magic apps:
www.CardNowApp.com - iPhone Business Card Magic App
www.armindreader.com – Augmented Reality Magic App
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
Quote:
On 2009-11-04 14:41, Damian Surr wrote:
Can you do Extreme Burn style changes with this gimmick? I much prefer the look of Extreme Burn to the 'folding over a section of the notes' thing. Love the clean ending though.

Damian

YES, I will be demonstrating a few new changes I have been working on never seen this coming weekend.

Paul
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Paul Harris presents Steve Haynes' Handout 500 » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19~20~21~22~23~24 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.28 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL