We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Bizzaro's Color Changing Sponge Ball - Pretty Cool! :) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
revmike
View Profile
Special user
Annville, PA
647 Posts

Profile of revmike
Finally got mine a few weeks ago and just got around to playing with it. Very nice. I'll probably order a couple more.
The magic is not in our sleights and illusions, but instead in our ability to bring love and joy.
magicbyswh
View Profile
Inner circle
North East Tennessee
1498 Posts

Profile of magicbyswh
As far as the silks to match the balls you just need a red and green silk. They should match close enough
Creator of Cereal Brainwave, Creator of the Tossed out Book
Powermagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1418 Posts

Profile of Powermagic
Gee what was up your butt when you wrote that?... RUUUDE! Not knowing who I am and my background in the art, I can forgive you but I hope you pulled out what was causing you to be such a crab apple, making direct personal flames for no good reason.

$15 is in most budgets. And I do wish him success but I the reason I do not buy a ton of stock magic is to avoid the common Do you do the one or I saw that explanation. And since it is so easy to work, there is nothing stopping every shop demo guy from selling to any kid that walks into the door.

Finally I have a suggestion for you since you had one for me. Take some lessons in manners!

Quote:
On 2009-10-13 10:58, wmhegbli wrote:

It is as demonstrated on the video. If you want a different trick with your qualifications, then you will have to invent it yourself.

If you do not want something that everyone else will be doing, you will have to create your own original magic. The purpose of selling a trick is to create income and that means the most sales the originator can get out of this limited market.

You do not have to worry about clowns as most will not spend that kind of money on at trick. They are more in the free category of obtaining magic tricks.

Your questions indicate you do not know much about sponge ball magic. I would like to suggest you purchase the wonderful DVD's producted by Magic Maker's Inc., they are made for beginners such as yourself.
Stucky
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Batman!
1350 Posts

Profile of Stucky
Attitudes aside, this prop seems like it makes a nice utility piece that lets you present it in different ways than other people. That way there won't be total overlap.
Official Thread Killer
Stucky
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Batman!
1350 Posts

Profile of Stucky
I saw something tonight that was killer. Someone changed a red and yellow ball into an orange ball with a wave of his hand. I can only assume it was using one of these.
Official Thread Killer
SteveFromSpokane
View Profile
Regular user
169 Posts

Profile of SteveFromSpokane
[/quote]On 2009-10-13 10:58, wmhegbli wrote:

You do not have to worry about clowns as most will not spend that kind of money on at trick. They are more in the free category of obtaining magic tricks.
[/quote]

Of course clowns are cheap freeloaders, look how many they try to shove into one car.
Powermagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1418 Posts

Profile of Powermagic
I have had my sent for a couple days now. It will take a little practice to do the wave change 100% of the time.
For anyone with two, do you find would works better than the other?

They do indeed work better damp, but they seem to dry out faster than I would have though. Still, one gets stuck and I am still nto sure what causes it.

In fact I would say you MUST use them wet since the one it changes into will be not formed well if it has been dry for a while.

I found the lighter color has to be held more careful to make sure the method is not flashed. To answer a question I posted a while back, no you can not put these on a table next to other balls and not risk something being noticed. You would need something in front to distract. There is more missing then I expected.

Properly handled and kept moving it will be fine. But one will have to watch if they have the method facing them.

The change is cool once you get it down. I do not think I have the confidence yet only after 2 days. Depending how they see it it is hard to pick up what is going on. With the open change on film you can see "something" but they will nto be able to follow it I think. They will jsut see you squish the ball as you see in the demo video.

I wonder if they get better or worse with age.

The directions were weak. You get more ideas just by watching his video. There is not more then a single page with the two basic moves.
The ink ran when I dropped a drip of water from a glass on it while reading.

He does not explain any of the routines you see on the you tube promo . I would have liked more explanation on the mouth change.
Item came in an paper envelope, two in one bag and the balls were smooshed super flat. (no negative effect on the product after wetting.
Actual postage cost from the west coast to east coast was $.88. I was charged $1 so I think that was fair.

Both green balls have minor color staining. One was a streak and one was a darker spot. Not sure if it was from glue or what. One has a hard nub of glue, not seen but felt while the other one does not. Not enough to complain but I wonder if over time if it will were that spot quicker.

BTW I was told they were made from a 2" It must be the process in making that when wet they measure 2.5" yet my standard 2" super soft does not seem to get much over 2" when wet (measurements made right after wetting, squeezing and blotting.

I mention this in case someone was thinking of matching this in a sponge routine.

As for in a routine, the wetter the faster and the wetter the larger so it makes for a good show. Maybe a little easier to hide the lighter color issue I mentioned.

OK so it has only been a couple of days. I suggest those who get this sit while watching TV and not look at it but to FEEL the change. I would say also to make sure there is some distraction during the change either in hand movement or hand wave cover just to not risk an exposure. I can see some thinking it looks cool but really gving part of it away if they are not careful. And if you drop it, you will exopose the method to all who can get a look. Those who have it know my words have a RING of truth...

Oh and any new performers out there, really work with this so they do not see you push down. That is, if using a silk or hand to help misdirect. Do not telegraph the move. Start with your ball round and fluffy and end that way. You will see it looks eve better if they think you never moved.
It is hard. I find I start to get ready before the cover. I watch your self and you might catch what I am saying.
Good luck.
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1635 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Thanks for your review powermagic.
I also found that the questions you asked (and then answered since nobody bothered to drop a line and I'm sorry you even got an aggressive post...) were quite legitimate.
Good luck with them, I might order some too.
Ben
WhoDeanie
View Profile
Loyal user
211 Posts

Profile of WhoDeanie
After looking at the video, I have a question: Can you change a red sponge to green and then back again with the same sponge? Or would a second sponge be required? (is this just a one-way color change?)
Magically yours,

Dean Burgess
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, Pa
2932 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
Quote:
On 2009-11-25 15:18, WhoDeanie wrote:
After looking at the video, I have a question: Can you change a red sponge to green and then back again with the same sponge? Or would a second sponge be required? (is this just a one-way color change?)

YES...You can go from red to green to red to green to red to...adinfonitum
If you can't help worrying, remember worrying can't help you!
Stucky
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Batman!
1350 Posts

Profile of Stucky
Unless you have one that goes from red to yellow... then going to green might be hard ha ha.
Official Thread Killer
Stucky
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Batman!
1350 Posts

Profile of Stucky
Looks like this is a popular enough trick to get nominated on itricks.
Official Thread Killer
Mind_Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
The Sunshine State USA
1234 Posts

Profile of Mind_Magic
Yep, This one is good.

I have been playing with them for some months and the balls still show good shape and works great.
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
Straight from the mouth of Bizzaro himself. I'm posting this on his behalf:

"Hey everyone! Bizzaro here. Thought I would pop in and say thanks to each and every one of you who has taken the leap in these turbulent economic times and bought my products. You guys rock! There are big plans in the works for 2010, one of which is a DVD compilation of ideas with the CCSB from people all around the world. (that means you!) So get them creative juices flowin' and look for more on this in the next year!

Thanx again everyone.

Bizzaro."
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4953 Posts

Profile of RNK
These are GREAT! After playing with the red to green balls I had to order a set of the Red to yellow balls. These are really easy to use and look like real magic. Of course you will always have people saying- " How examinable are these "- well ask yourself the question- how examinable is most magic? And- if it looks like REAL magic- is it usually examinable? All that aside- when performing sponge ball routines- most of the time the spectator does not handle the sponge balls. If you want to make a transposition or multiplication of balls in the spectators hand- well use your magic skills to misdirect and switch out.

RNK
limkris
View Profile
Regular user
Belgium
164 Posts

Profile of limkris
What size of matching ungimmicked sponge balls does one need?
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4953 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On 2010-01-06 14:48, Kristof Limbo wrote:
What size of matching ungimmicked sponge balls does one need?

I believe you would need 2in
DLarkins
View Profile
New user
Kingsport, TN
59 Posts

Profile of DLarkins
I think I'm going to have to have some of these... they sound really great, and the video looks great as well. Did someone mention that custom orders were possible? I've looked at the web site, and I didn't see that possibility.
Inner circle
I'm Batman!
1350 Posts

Profile of Stucky
There appears to be a text section that says custom orders on the page.
Official Thread Killer
doormouse
View Profile
Regular user
152 Posts

Profile of doormouse
More of these are available now. Madhatter has them, and they are tough to find. Good stuff and worth getting.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Bizzaro's Color Changing Sponge Ball - Pretty Cool! :) (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL