The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Dang Thing Can Fly (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

gimpy2
View Profile
Special user
960 Posts

Profile of gimpy2
The Mighty Mini light and heavy chest can now fly--I said fly, not levitate, and this is not a suspension. We've always thought it would be so neat to have a small box that not even the strongest man in the room can lift, yet it can become light enough to fly.
This has been in the works for nearly a year. It has an all-new unique system to achieve flight. It looks like nothing you've seen before. This design allows it to be flown by multiple methods that can be changed throughout the routine easily and instantaneously.
It operates with or without a floward. Using the floward, the performers hands never touch the box or go under cover as it is not necessary. There are also mulitple moves where the hands are not touching the box or floward as the box flutters about. If you wish, the floward can completely done away with in the routine as it is only necessory for a few of the effects. It's suitable for parlor or stage. Many moves can also be done right under the spectator's nose.
Will have a demo for you very soon.
Thanks,
Gimpy
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Sounds great. I think you meant foulard in your post above. At first it sounded like you created some sort of new movement that was a combination of flowing and moving forward: floward. Hmm... that might be an interesting idea.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
gimpy2
View Profile
Special user
960 Posts

Profile of gimpy2
Good to hear from you Greg!
My wife was typing for me and spelled it as she heard it. Of course, everything but foulard would have been spelled wrong if I'd typed it.

Thanks,
Gimpy
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
The strongest man in the room can't lift the solid, wooden, box from the table. But, the magician can lift it up with one finger and make it fly around? Wow. How far along are you on this project? This will be a killer addition to my L/H chest routine.
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Great, sounds like a fantastic idea! Except that now it means that I'll end up buying one!

Steve
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4207 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
I want it Gimpy!
gimpy2
View Profile
Special user
960 Posts

Profile of gimpy2
Quote:
How far along are you on this project?

Doug,
It's been sent out for routining and filming of an instructional DVD. Haven't gone through this process before, so not sure how long it will take to put these things together, because everything I've built before only required simple written instructions. But we feel like a DVD is necessary.
Thanks,
Gimpy
maps
View Profile
Inner circle
1124 Posts

Profile of maps
I got one of Gimpy's limited edition jewelry box and it's AWESOME!!!
Now he tells me the dang thing can fly!
I want one too!!
Any updates or demo video? Cost?
the heart is where the magic begins
Visit my website
[www.mascotsandpuppets.com]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Dang Thing Can Fly (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL