The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Double Back (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

konjurer
View Profile
Veteran user
Iowa
395 Posts

Profile of konjurer
Is there a good reference for packet tricks with a double back card? I've been coming up with some ideas but I want to understand what has already been done with a double back card.

Also, I've got some double back cards with red on one side and blue on the other. Can anyone refer me to any tricks using this gaff?

Thanks!

Tim
===========================================
Clever stuff goes here!
magicbern
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong, China
1220 Posts

Profile of magicbern
A short while ago, Penguin Magic were giving away e-booklets as free gifts with any purchase. Each of these ebooks had 3 tricks and were edited by Alvo Stockman. I got all of them and they were categorized into tricks with double-facers; double-backers; red/blue double backers, blank facers and double blanks. The tricks were pretty good actually. I don't know if you can purchase them on their own but perhaps you can email them and ask.

Besides that, the venerable sources of Mark Wilson Course and Hugard's Encyclopedia of Card Tricks contain many tricks with these gaffs.

Then you have the various gaff card DVDs by Cameron Francis, Jay Sankey and Dave Forrest.

Good luck!
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Profile of puggo
Quote:
On 2009-08-11 00:05, konjurer wrote:
Also, I've got some double back cards with red on one side and blue on the other. Can anyone refer me to any tricks using this gaff?
Thanks!
Tim

One variation that springs to mind is a colour (or color!) changing deck routine or packet trick. There are many variations..
Dave Forest has a nice colour changing deck effect, and Gary Jones's packet trick Shock Twist both use a r/b db card (and other things of course..)
Good luck
konjurer
View Profile
Veteran user
Iowa
395 Posts

Profile of konjurer
Good suggestions. Thanks guys.
===========================================
Clever stuff goes here!
jonnyboy
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego
1021 Posts

Profile of jonnyboy
You should also consider checking out Simon Lovell's Packet Killer DVD set.
Yehuda
View Profile
Elite user
413 Posts

Profile of Yehuda
Penguin also included a bonus effect using a red/blue double backer if you bought the special assortment deck. Nice quick effect.

In Card College 5 there is an awesome color changing deck routine utilizaing the red/blue double backer.

Yehuda
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Double Back (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL